Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Afore I go to bed I got a shout out !
Respect to the invisible one !-- U da man !--

Good morning OFC.
Rained like crazy again last night. I guess Ill have to work indoors today. I REALLY don't like housework but since I'm alone I have to do it. Paper plates are a godsend!
Rose
I started 2 of each of the CBD rich seeds you sent and have
4 pretty little girlz ready to go in the greenhouse. Its a jungle in there but I'm gonna take tomatoes out to make room for these girlz.
I have tomatoes in my front garden and on my patio so there won't be any shortage.

Morning O.F.C.!-- We treading water down here!-- I good here but I don't think I could get far --Lots of road closures and flooding and it keeps coming !-- My face don't like this much and is complaining !--
Gloman -- paper plates is the only way to go !-- I use them for everything !
What U reacon fruit cocktail wine post to taste like !-- I brought it up to a boil and let it cool overnight!-- Time to add some yeast !--
Morning Dog !

Good morning all, Gloman, there is some good medicine in those seeds, the best of mojo to your little girls.
YD, i remember that feeling of not wanting to go to work. Your a good man.
I woke up at 2 am, i see a nap in my future, but the weather is very interesting, dark sky and big wind and lightning. I hope there aren't any fires starting. Keef, i gotta say fruit cocktail wine sounds awful to me, but i am not a good one to judge. I don't understand a maraschino cherry.

Morning Rose!-- I was up from about 3 am to about 6 tried to go back to bed but finally just gave up and got back up --
Maybe I get a nap later too !-- I started fermenting that fruit cocktail mostly to keep my yeast alive -- I use the sediment from a previous batch to inoculate a fresh batch !-- Got to rack some blueberry and that cherry wine today ( syphon off the wine and leave the sediment ) I'll maybe buy me some more yeast one day maybe?

Good morning OFC. Been busy with this and that. Going to DUI school today. It's just the start of getting my License back. I figure by Feb. I should have it back. That is the month, I have to renew my ID. Seedling are doing O:K. Keef, before you said anything about feeding the seedling. I went ahead and gave some of my plants a 1/8 th the dose of CaMg +. I knew better, but I did it any how. It seem like I have to learn the hard way. It burn the leaves just a little, I think they are going to be alright. I'll snap a picture later with my cell phone, see if I can get the picture to post.

Have a nice day OFC. 420 up in here. (bong hit)

Ness if U grow in dirt or use tap water on your plants U should never use Cal/Mag !-- There's plenty in most tap water and dirt !-- Cal/Mag is a thing for water pharmers
Using distilled or reverse osmosis water ! -- Messing up is how we learn !-- You'll get it down soon !

You got that right Keef!
I was growing in coco only and using nutes every 3rd water but made the mistake of using cal/mag and nearly lost a few good girlz. I have well water in limestone so NO need for the cal/mag. Once I put them in the dirt they came right out of it.

I don't know about the fruit cocktail wine. I was under the impression (from jailhouse wine) that there were too many preservatives in the mixed fruits to ferment without problems.
However that didn't stop the knuckleheads from trying. (And getting caught) :rolleyes:
I used the red wine yeast in this run of blueberry. I guess its ok but its slower than that turbo yeast. Might throw a pkt. of champiegn yeast in too. They say red wine yeast works from the bottom and the other works from the top(where the berries are):D:cool:

G -I run my fruit thru the blender then bring the mash- sugar and water to a boil for awhile to sterilize it also makes it easier for the yeast to get to fruit sugars !-- I ferment longer than U do too !-- When the fermentation slows down I clean a wire colander with bleach water and use it to scoop out most the fermented fruit -- Then add some sugar water to top the bucket off !-- Usually run it about another week after that !-- Then freeze it off !-- Takes another couple weeks to let the solids settle so I can rack it !-- I replace the liquid lost racking by topping off with fruit juice or sugar water !-- Try to keep that yeast working up until the alcohol content kills them !-- The boiling seems to take care of the preservatives

Hello you awesome people.

83763.gif

Rain has stopped here or at leas5 slowed so the water is receding some !-- My face pain maybe easing up some but
I'm not up to much yet -- I should really learned to think things thru before just jumping in -- All those seed coming up and I got no plan -- Oh well !-- Jump in and learn to swim later ain't always the best plan but it is a plan!
I thin them down after I get them sexed !-- Rose asked if I bred Purple Haze ?-- PH-X-BBSL is germing now -- I had one I lost to the white flies and/or the treatment for them !-- She had color so I know it'll be there I just gotta find it !-- Not today !-- Feel and probably look like old road kill !

U gonna have to teach me bout making beer one day RE !-- I don't drink the nasty stuff but I may wanna make some one day !
Nick U can have that rain !--I had enough !

I picked a leaf eater catapillar off one of my girls the other day...been checking them daily and have not found anymore...the bastidges, I guess that’s part of growing outside...These autos sure are compact...I got another pair just getting started so maybe if I pay attention the whole grow I can get’m a little bigger...
86697019-3E0B-4E45-9D01-9AB6B729AB4F.jpeg

I'm looking at something called C.H.O.P. hydroponics !-- Don't quite grasp it yet !

Went all day without saying anything about what they doing in McAllen -- I like what happened at that ICE office in Portland but we gonna need some help to shut this thing down -- We gonna need lots of people-- People willing to bleed a little if nessesary !-- -- This ain't right and I have to look at myself in the mirror !--I don't know any other way !-Won't be the 1st asswhooping I ever had !-- I hate me some dam handcuffs !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back