Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question
How long does it take for seeds to mature?
My 1st attempt at producing seeds on purpose is working. There are seeds in the buds I pollinated but they're nowhere near ready yet and I want to use the grow space to start some new clones.

Also I'm ready to purchase my 1st. LED grow lights.
Can anybody give me suggestions on which lights are most versatile?
I need to get one that has settings for veg and bloom and is repairable if lights burn out. Also I'm on a pretty tight budget so cost is a concern.

Last edited:
Morning O.F.C. !-- Slept in !--
Giggy in da house !-- Cuz I lost that feminized Widow I got from U at the same time I lost my 4 1/2 year old Widow-- Mix some bug killer about 50 times too strong !--Kilt a bunch of plants -- Right now I got one pine to be sexed soon !-- I had a pH snafu and killed 3 of the 4 I had up !-- I do got something bred from seed I got from U -- Nightshade -x- (Mazar-i-Shariff -x- Black Berry Snow Lotus)-- That's some dank right there !--
Gloman -- I don't think they make what U want in lights --I was looking for the same thing !-- My Mars Hydro 300 lights got 2 switches -- One say veg one say bloom --U turn either one off ?--U got a 150 watt light !-(About 600 watts per square meter works for me !)-- I run both switches on all the time !-- So be careful-- I got this one led from Mars Hydro for about $70 that works fine !--

As for a light U can repair -- I do not recommend the Mars Hydro !-- They do not want U taking that light board out !
It can be done and U can jump around any burnt out chips and the series that chip was in will work again !- The rest of the components are just a driver and a fan !-- Yo Gloman check with RE about some LED strips he had !-- Wasn't that RE ?

I got a question !-- Would the ballast on a Florescent shop light drive and LED light board ?

I might just start some seed today myself !-- Maybe some more those X-tree seed Giggy sent me !- Lost some others that need to be replaced too !-- 1st I'm have another cup of coffee and work on this pipe some !-- Think about seed before I get my seed bag out and go buck wild like I did last time I started seed !-- I tell U this water pharming secret I learned !- When your pH get high ?-- Don't add pH up to your res. -- It don't turn out well !-- Don't know how I did that but the pH meter don't lie !
Edit :-- Gloman I forgot about your question about how long seed take to mature -- All I know to do is dig a seed out and see how dark it is ?- If it look like something U could germinate ?-- Take the plant down if U want --- If U put the pollen on in early bloom the seed may be mature before the plant is ready to harvest-- More time just makes better quality seed !

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning Stoners! Oh, My Gosh! I used my majical butter machine yestiday and I over did it I guess. Had friends over last night for a trimming/steak party. Made my first ever batch in the machine, 1/2 oz my freshly dried Mozzerella and lb. of butter. Used 1/2 cup in my brownies and made a 9x13 pan. Cut said pan into 16 brownies. Woe are my friends! I told 'em to eat one and wait an hour when they git up. Shoulda told 'em to cut 'em into 3rds and eat one. I had no idea as I hadn't even smoked a doob of that Mozz yet. Umbra, thats some good gear.

Good morning everyone hope everyone is off to an excellent start I know I’m not I noticed I have thrips in the clone garden so I went and picked up some of this's stuff hopefully it’ll work
botanigard 22wp
Anyone use the stuff before I noticed in the states it only cost 100 bucks unfortunately as a lucky Canadians cost 200 bucks I noticed when it comes to growing everything in the state is a lot cheaper I went and bought a pack of strawberry shortcake seeds the other day it cost me an extra 50 bucks everyone else it’s 150 for me it was 200 this really sucks I wish our money was on par anyways my whining is done hope you guys are all having a good day

Nick --I love me a good edible buzz !-- I used caps but it is the same effect as brownies !-- Take too much and do what I call the "Crab Walk" -- Where U be holding on to stuff when U walk -- I go from my chair to the wall !-- Follow it to the bathroom !- That's what they call "Too High " !-- I can't get that high smoking!

As for a light U can repair -- I do not recommend the Mars Hydro !-- They do not want U taking that light board out !
It can be done and U can jump around any burnt out chips and the series that chip was in will work again !- The rest of the components are just a driver and a fan !-- Yo Gloman check with RE about some LED strips he had !-- Wasn't that RE ?
If you have a few lights you need new tires for just let me know I have some I can send to you I have a bunch a diode’s kicking around that I had bought and never used

Hey Bud !-- Those seed will be on the way soon as I hustle up some money !-- I'm using something called "Safe Soap" on bugs these days !- It's just a mild soap like Castille soap -- Bugs breathe thru pores in thier shell or skin -- Soapy water form a film over them pore and the bug can't breathe -- Gotta cover the entire plant especially the bottom of the leaves!-- I gotta get these seed out to U !-

I was just wondering Bud !-- I'm good on lights for now !-- I got attacked by white flies and messed around trying lady bugs and green lace wings to control them -- Didn't work !-- Crashed my rotation -- I got almost all of them with the safe soap -- and use it every 2 weeks now !-- Back up to the 3rd leg in rebuilding the rotation !-- 2 more weeks and the rotation will be running again at half capacity !- I got the gear to double the bloom rotation -- If veg can produce the plants !

Keef i’m sure glad you got that under control I noticed the stuff I got today says it supposed to be good for those white flies as well Has a few other annoying little bugs

Fighting bugs is a war U have go win !-- I lost about half the varieties I was running -- I thought the lady bugs would take care but they didn't white flies kept multiplying-- I shoulda tried the safe soap earlier !-- So it was a costly battle - Most of the stuff I lost I had bred and didn't have room to start any so I got plenty to take they place !-- I got some seed on the vine - GDP-X- BPU bred to a Box of Chocolate male -- If I'm right that BOC male is what added that elegant mystery terp profile in his "V" ( GT-x-BOC) !
So let's see what he does to a Blueberry ?-- GDP -x- BPU shouldn't be blueberry but that girl is a fine blueberry !
I'm excited to see what happens !- That BOC boy got all over my Blueberry patch !-- Save some room ya'll !

@thegloman Im using these strips at 2700k and 3500k depending on veg or flower...my first grow I just used the 3500k but have now added 2700k for flower as well so I’ll run both colors during flower...he has kits that use a large baking sheet as a backing heat sink, I used the individual heat sinks he sells and made a frame for mine so the light is open to allow for air movement and ventilation...They don’t produce a lot of heat though. My space is considerable smaller than yours as it is just a cabinet of about 4.5 sq ft...But you can add as many as you might need fo the coverage you want...Each strip is capable of pulling about 50 watts...Also you can spread them out or add more any time...I’m using the meanwell dimmable drivers on mine...if you buy the drivers from solstrip, he adds the a/c connectors as well as a nice waterproof dc connector on the light side...good luck...
Here is a pic of my setup now...
5D07FF60-F7BC-42EF-BF88-8F7F7212BEC0.jpeg

I like it RE !-- It's just that I'm allergic to electricity !-- I learnt the hard way that Weed - Canadian Mist and electricity don't mix !-- Lit me up it did !-- Seems like everytime I be messing with electricity --Things don't turn out well !-- I got a basic understanding of electricity and know what to do and what not to do-- I just mess up and get clumsy -- Next thing I know I'm on the floor with smoke coming out my ears !- I don't like that !-- So it be best I just work with pre-made stuff I can just plug in !-- I have even been known to mess that up !

Last edited by a moderator:
I know he does partially wired kits but I don’t know if he has prebuilt lights...he may so if anyone is interested just jingle his bell...he’s a nice old stoner that’s been growing pot for a long time...I think he sells some old school genetics too on a different site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back