Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cheat and use a coffee bean grinder. Makes very fine powder. Caps fill easy. I also have a capsule maker. Put the caps in and fill then put the 2 halves together. Wha la!

I got one makes a couple dozen caps at a time !-- When I'm low on weed like now !-- I'll decarb a days dose or as little as a couple doses at a time then pack them by hand !
Edit : --What up Umbra ?

Umbra --Hempy pots ?-- I haven't looked them up but I been thinking about something like that !-- I think I could use that in a small production grow ?

Hempy pots?
I use that method to grow tomatos on my patio.
I never put it together to grow my weed like that. DUH!
I use 2 buckets. 1 with holes everywhere inside one with 1 hole a couple inches up so some water stays in the resivor.

This is what I have in mind !-- Tell me what U guys think !
I'll start cuts the same way I do now in those 2 inch aero baskets and collars -- When they a foot or so tall the plant aero collar and all go into 4 or 6 inch baskets and moved from the nursery to veg !-- I'm thinking about blooming in 5 gallon buckets in that Hempy pot style !-- A quick connect drain in each bucket that connect to a return to the res. and drill the lid for aero baskets !-That should be all the work to build them ?-- I plan to put a bubbler stone in each bucket with quick connect to common air line !-- The bubbler's purpose is to move fresh air thru the roots in the buckets --I'll drip nute water into each bucket probably 15 minutes on and 15 off ! -- Put the buckets up on a low bench so they drain well back to the res !-

massproducer was a guru of hempy buckets. there are remnants of a discussion he and I had. I think I deleted all of my posts on the subject. I thought massproducer had great yields, but his plants looked sick and nute deficient most of the time. his hempy buckets were coco and I think he had ph swings that caused issues for him.

I don't think these would be true Hempy pots Umbra !-- I wasn't planning on using a grow medium at all !-- Really more like drip and drain buckets !-- Same nute formula I use now would work fine !-- I could move them as needed and just plug them back in with quick connect fittings ?-- change the common res every 2 weeks by pumping it somewhere !-- I ain't carrying water !--Only waste products would be plant material and used nute water ?-- Maybe use the nute water on some other crop it still got plenty goodies in it ?--

It wouldn't have to be buckets -- I could use the boxes I use now !-- The goal is to only have to change the res every 2 weeks and pH maybe once a week and watch for bugs !-- Trying to make it easy as possible !-- No guessing on when to water or worry about when and how much to feed !

I am setting up a waterfall re- circulating six pot grow . Fed from auto filling control pot and a 30 gallon reservoir . 1 air pump and 1 water pump . Nutes are killing me though .

That's one of the biggest reasons I grow in dirt. It's low maintenance, just add water. (And watch for gnats)

Morning O.F.C.!-- It's dark and I'm up at 5am !--

Nick U say nutes are killing U ?-- U mean price or just getting them right ?

Umbra I could put one my micro sprays in the lid of one those buckets I described and call it aero !-- If I can grow by spraying the roots then I can grow by dripping nute water over the roots -- I'm just looking for the cheapest --easiest-- expandable bloom system !
More coffee ?- Where my pipe !-- Not turning the lamp on cause it will blind me !-- I can't do bright yet !
Wake and Bake !--
Caps need to kick in soon !-- I'm hurting and not moving so well !-- Got a bad attitude too !

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning y'all.
Still raining here. Gotta trudge thru the mud to bring in ripe tomatos before they rot.
I wish y'all could come pick em clean. I'm about over the big garden for this year.

Got some sprinkles this morning but suppose to clear up and be a nice day !--Still moving slow and making grandpa noises!-- The caps took the edge off my pain but I still got a bad attitude !-- I guess some days just bees this way ?

Keef
I thought since it was early picked the BB King wouldn't bee real potent. doh! Ate 4 caps and slept pretty good then had 3 for breakfast. Hehe should have tried 1 maybe 2.

Good for U Gloman !-- 4 is about my dose ! -- I have found that using half high CBD with the high THC work just as good for my aches and pain but doesn't glue me to the couch as much !
Right now I'm outta high CBD so I'm pretty much glued in place !-- Nice buzz too !-- Makes me forget I got a pipe sometimes !

Good morning OFC. Wake n bake at ranchero umbra this morning. Smoking some Squish, very energetic sativa.

What up Umbra ?-- Squish have a Stanky grandchild !-- U sent me seed to Squish -x- Oregon Lemon and that BBSL got to her !-- That child is so Stanky but the smell doesn't match the taste !-- Looking forward to getting some more of those seed wet and see if they all like that !-- Funny the smell isn't so strong while it is growing but if U get it on your fingers it stanks !
Not knowing when to leave well enough alone I bred the Stanky one to a Box of Chocolate male !-- I obviously will never breed something outstanding on purpose !-I'm not good enough to predict how a cross will turn out !--- So I don't try !- I breed a male to a bunch of girls then hunt thru the seed to see what I did !-- I bred from stuff I got mostly from ya'll !-- Breeding dank to dank like that is gonna make dank -I did find me some stuff !--- but understanding how these terps combine in different way to be all these flavors is beyond me !-- So I gotta keep a cut alive until after it is harvested and had a smoke test !-- If U find something special and it's already dead ?-- Sorry about that !

Last edited by a moderator:
G'morning troops! Yup, rdwc is what I got going but just as an experiment. I do my serious grows in all natural soil Gloman. I have 9 five gallon buckets in the garden right now and 5 three gallon buckets in the veg room. I supplement feed with teas I make myself. My water garden is just me trying something different. I came of the opinion that water farmers had a faster turnaround then us dirt farmers but I've come to the conclusion that a good automatic watering system for my buckets of dirt and I'll have a setup that can't be beat. Turned out my plants were taking longer to finish 'cause I grow em bigger and biggr just takes longer. For the amount of expense, worry and difficulty, never mind the susceptibility of hydro to disease, I'll never give up my dirt. Next time I re-do my indoor garden, I may just go to raised bed style gardening and do away with the buckets all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back