Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning O.F.C.!-- It's dark and I'm up at 5am !--

Nick U say nutes are killing U ?-- U mean price or just getting them right ?

Both. Theys expensive as the devil, a pain in the butt to mix and ph and count ppms, never mind this plant wants more nitrogen then that plant and this one just sips from the bowl. One burns, one starves and 3 do well. In soil I make my dirt up and it pretty well supplies the plants with everything they need until about the 4th week of flower. Then I'll give 'em a tea a couple of times and we good till the end.

By the way. Bake your dirt in the oven 350 for 30 before you do anything else to it. No gnats.

Tru -Dat Nick !-- All of it !-- I kinda fell into water pharming !-- I use Botonacare nutes -- It says 10 mils per gallon -- I use 3 mils !-- Let me think ?-3 mils of grow or bloom - I use 5 mils of EM1-- 5 mils of Cal/Mag ( only because I use RO water )-per gallon - add some Voodoo Juice or a scoop of water from a box already got a healthy beneficial bacteria colony !-- Screw some PPMs -- Haven't used one in over a year !-- Best to let your nute water sit for 24 hours so the pH will stablize before U use it !-- U can chase your tail on PH !-- After a box is set up and running I been running a whole 2 month bloom cycle without changing the nute water !-- I top off with nute water the 1st month then only water after that !-- I try to pH once a week after it is stable !-- I plan to change the nute water more often but I needed to know what would happen without a nute change!-- It can be done !-- I only top off with pH water the last month because the plant removes more water than nutes so the longer Uh go adding more nutes just raises the concentration on the nutes !--

I just been trying to figure out how to get the most out a given grow area the fastest !- Dirt ? -water ?-- I don't care I'll do it anyway I can !-- I still got questions !

I water with RO myself. In my case I just add a tablespoon of epsom salts anytime I see the leaf stems going pink. Seems I got to do it about once a month.

I don't really have a very high dollar system. Just one of those under sink setups. Removes the chlorine which is what I care about, Most of the rest of the stuff in the water we wind up adding back in anyway

Under the sink is what I got too Nick !-- I got tap water not fit to drink or water plants ! -- Got close to 300 ppms of something in it ?-- PH of 8.5 !-- If I had good well water I would use it without the RO system !--
Hurricane gonna mess up the whole east coast and we got one trying to sneak up on us thru the carribean to the Gulf-- West coast still burning -- central states already got flooded !-- I know about the other news too but I'm not talk about that !--

My little indoor grow consists of two rooms a veg room that is 6 x 8 with a 4x4 growing area and a 8x8 flowering room with two 2ft by 5ft grow areas. I could fit more and occasionally I do but usually 8 to 10 plants will fit in flower. This little setup manages to produce about a 1/2 lb. a month. I put the plants into flower one or two at a time and usually get 2 to 3 oz. dried bud per plant. Lately I have been harvesting every week and thats getting old so I am planning to cut back some. When the room gets too crowded I tend to screw up like when the male got loose.

Once a week is too much !-- Every other week seems to work for me !-- I'm down to one box in veg with a dozen or so little girls in it !-- I should probably be shut down until all this is settled but I haven't yet ! -- I'd like to find a way to keep a few of those but I do got my seed !

Yup, I agree with ya. Problem is I had all these different varieties I just had to try. You know a little bit about that don't ya? :)
I have eliminated everything down to 3 strains now and I'm sorting through the Valentine crosses Rose sent me. They kinda got screwed though 'cause they got seeded. I think I'll run 'em again this winter and pay closer attention. Best thing about 1 plant a week was it only takes a couple hours. No all day trimming sessions. I remember growing them nurse larry plants in 11 gallon totes. They took me and a buddy all day to trim two plants. Now thats no fun at all

Yep !-- I know about having all those different kinds of seed burning a hole in your pocket!-- It gets outta hand pretty fast !-- I'll probably have to get like that again to sort some of this stuff out that I bred!-- Some I already know about some I don't know what to expect !-- I still want some citrus and some other fruit flavors !-- Snow Lotus is dominate in those BBSL crosses earthy hash type taste and potent !-- I'm narrowing it down !-- BBSL male did me right !-- I just need to thin it down to the best 1-2 maybe 3 ?

Entered my homebrew in another festival (I hate spell checkers) and took second place again...the one on the left is from today and the other from this spring... I guess I must be brewing something right or not as I didn’t win but I’m happy that people seem to like my beer enough to recognize it as pretty good...We’ll I wish I could offer ya’ll a homebrew but it’s all gone...maybe next time...Cheers...
008C4210-407B-44A0-9705-884F89AAE1E2.jpeg

Last edited:
Good morning y'all!
2RE
Good job bro! You Must make some tasty beer to get awards 2 yrs. in a row.
I'm still toying with the idea of making beer but it see its more complicated than wine. Maybe after harvest season Ill give it a try.

Keef
I was wrong about SD X BBSL.
I was checking tags yesterday and I Do have a SD X BBSL that's 10' plus. I must have been impressed with the NS X BBSL cuz I have 2 in the greenhouse.

Morning O.F.C.!-- Weather still messed up with storms and stuff !-- My face ain't happy -- again !--
RE -- Congratulations !-- When I get set back up U gonna have to teach me the basics of beer making !
Gloman -- I hope when the nights starting getting cool she'll show U her pink !-- It's in her but I don't know if they will all show it but mine did !-- U had said once that U had a SD-X-BBSL that was smaller than the others-- She didn't seem smaller than the others to me !-- Good to hear she holding her own !-- All I know for sure is Snow Desiel -X-BBSL and Nightshade -x- BBSL are both bad to the bone !--

U people on the east coast pay attention to Hurricane Florence even if U inland U ain't safe !-- When the hurricane comes to call there is no safe place !-- If it gonna be anywhere near U --run if U can !-- The whole east coast is toast !-- This will be bad !

Good morning fellow stoners. 2RE congratulations on your win. Day is still young but having a hard time getting motived. Have a good day OFC.:)

Nick it could be longer than that !-- Depends on where Florence comes in and how deep a hook it makes before heading back out to sea !-- Suppose to make landfal Thursday--U could get lots of rain -- Probably some wind !-- Watch for flooding !

I'm kinda Snow Lotus heavy ?-- My 1st encounter with the Snow Lotus was thru The Tranquil Elephantizer outta Bohdi at Umbra's advice !--Which was a Snow Lotus mom and an Aphgooey dad !( I think ?)-- He didn't steer me wrong !-- Anyway !-- I think I need the pure Snow Lotus !--
I took a chance when I bred that BBSL to all those girls !-- Sometimes when U take a chance it works out better than U could have thought !-- He did me right !-- When the law changes down here ?-- Texas in trouble !--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back