Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning OFC been out at the coast stayed at the beach and fished the rivers.Weather was Beautiful had some 70* days and the moon was awesome too. I picked up one 10lb steelhead fishing..
Back home in time to harvest a couple Girl scout cookies ....hope that everyone is staying high and has a fabulous day ...
20190324_102545.jpg

Got to spend a good part of the day out working in the veggie garden...I have three 3’x5’ raised beds and I do a lot of container type growing...this will be the third year in these beds and I’m hoping for a fabulous grow season this year...mostly I do tomatoes, potatoes, various peppers, squash, cabbage and such...last year the squash attracted so many aphids that I may not even bother this year...still a bit early and wet to plant much but it feels good just to get my hands in the dirt...I’ll grow a little outdoor weed as well but probably some autos mostly...outdoor photo’s take too long for me...or maybe I’ll put some out later in the summer...gotta keep’m under size control...no pics of the garden yet as there is still a lotta work to be done...at Least I didn’t have to shovel snow off the garden before I started...

I hear ya zigggy, I worked the graveyard or mid shift for about 20 years...it’s tough when the weekend comes round and the family who have been sleeping at night all week want to do stuff...if I came home from work and went right to bed in the morning, I would always wake up in the afternoon and struggle to get the rest of my needed sleep...finally I started staying up after work and then trying to get my 8 just before work...that can be tough if you’ve got kids though...on the weekends, I would just try to tough it out on my Friday which was actually Saturday...so I’d get off Sunday morning and I would go back to work on Tuesday night bout 11pm...that first night of the week as always a struggle...I got 15% extra pay though for doing nights and it was a high OT job too, sometimes I didn’t get a day off or I’d do 12 hour days a lot...now days I sleep till I wake up...
But you have my sympathy for all that’s worth!!!

thanks 2re ,,,I work 12 hour shifts now ,,,6p to 6a(I get 2$ an hour shift pay) ,,,2 days on 2 days off ,,,3 days on 3 days off ,,,I really hate it ,,,at the moment I have no choice I have this addiction to food and shelter ,,,lol,,,,i get home by 7 feed my boy breakfast then drive him to school then I'm in bed by 9 then get 7 to 8 hours sleep ,,, I would love to find another job ,,,but I cant find anything making half what I make now ,,,ive been working there almost 11 years ,,,I'm 30 now and have to do another 15 years before I can retire ,,,I should not complain ,,,when I think about it I'm blessed ,,,I'm just tired ,,,enjoy your evening sir

So I hear people talk about Sativa strains that make them so energetic that they spend the whole high doing chores and such...I have never experienced that...I’d like to find one that would give me such energy or maybe it’s just motivation which would be ok too...what is your favorite “git’er done” strain?

Good morning yall!
Ness we got 37 this morning but it May go up to 45 or so.
I have SO much to do. Hopefully today I can get the fuel tank back on the tractor. I need to drag the driveway etc. etc.

Good luck with that fuel tank gloman. I got the last of the garden to weed. I started yellow pepper from seeds hopefully they will sprout. Enjoy this day if you can.

Good morning everyone. Kinda hazy here this morning. 2RE, if you find one, clue me in on it. I'm looking too. I hear satori is like that. All go and no slow .

Rose
I used a PH probe and found my soil is 7 on the money.
My well water is 6.59.
Do you think some hydrated lime is in order?
I got a quick test on the runoff at 6.29 but I'm not confident in that reading. It could have been contaminated.
Some leaves are showing PH problems.

I would not add lime, but that is just me. Having said that, i don't ph anything as i am organic and you don't have to ph if you are. I would think a little acid is better than alkaline if I am remembering my studies.
Good morning all, still am stupid sick for one whole week. Better but not gone.
I can't wait to get out there and prune roses and clean up the mess. I see some miniature daffodils coming up in a mess. I should take a picture of before and after. Hope you smoke is strong.
OH, who was asking about sativa. Here is my list. but i am a sativa head. Like super lemon haze? i don't like it.
1. Green crack, 2 choclope, 3 Strawberry cough, Cinex is a nice hybrid that is very energetic. Maui wowie,

Good morning guys
I used to work a graveyard shift when I was going to Junior College. Work all night go to school, come home and study then sleep. I didn't get much sleep in those days. I worked as a gardener on weekends and would go straight to my gardening job from my graveyard job once a week. I feel for ya Zigggy.

I wish I could get down to my garden easier. I don't get around like I used to. My raised bed garden has a chain link fence around it to keep the deer out. It is an awesome garden area. sigh I am gardening in pots on my deck for the time being. I have had gardens since I was a kid. Gardening is good for the soul.

My favorite Sativa for daytime to get stuff done is without a doubt Sour Diesel.

I hope you feel better soon Rose.

Have an AWESOME day OFC. :)

Last edited:
I may have satori seeds if you want some. It doesn't do it for me anymore. In fact let me look and see what i have. I don't have a ton, but i have some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back