Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov, We put whole house filters on our whole water system. Bud chages them 2x a year. So i dont use extra filters. If you can keep your tent at 79 i say that is perfect. And yes you can have too much light i turned one of mine off. Umbra, do you disagree w the light?
Keef sounds good.
Too much light and the leaves will bleach white

Good Morning All.....Looks like summer heat is here till about Halloween now,thank goodness for AC....I cannot imagine live in this area without it...homicide rates would go out the roof with no AC! Rocking some plush berry in the bong today. Got a quick easy cool off recipe...made this just for us "experienced growers" lol. Even though I am not diabetic I do watch processed sugar in take...it contributes to way more problems than most realize. Please make sure to hydrate properly in this heat, its so important to over all physical and emotional well being. Hippocrates::: "Let food be our medicine and medicine be our food".
This is very low sugar...if your in the sugar mood ...just substitute the real thing lol.... Any brands are fine....but the skinny fruit has no added sugar...sweetened with stevia.

2 cans Libby's skinny fruit chunk pineapple drained & frozen
2 oz half n half
1 table spoon stevia sweetener (I use the brown sugar but plain is fine)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
toss in blender..puree
bong hit while it puree's lol
serves 3 or 4 people much like soft serve or ice milk ice cream
freeze left over in container with lid ....got kids...makes great healthy Popsicle in those molds

Last edited:
Hey Keef...you atomized a phone with a shotgun huh lol. I keep a 4 pound shop hammer in toolbox for just satisfaction on those demonized electronics lol. I hate an intermediate reoccurring problem ( works sometimes and sometimes not). Kinda like taking car to mechanic....thing runs fine while they are messing with it....then you hitchhike home lol.

Morning OFC !-- Need more coffee -- with lots of sugar -- I prefer turbinado sugar in my coffee but I'm out so just plain white sugar -- I'm a little guy (5'11" - 160 ish lbs )with no major health problem not caused by trying to bust that concrete floor with my face -- I like sugar - bacon - and salt -- Won't give imitation food the time of day -- If I want meat don't be putting some mashed up veggies in front of me and say it's just as good as hamburger !-- No it's not !--
I know I need to move more but it's an on going problem -- Some days I can move OK - other days I can't - Makes it hard to get into a pattern--

Hollowpoint -- 12 gauge seems to make most problems go away but U gotta shoot **** outside - U shoot in the house it makes your ears bleed !- This I know !- Can't hear **** for a long time after that either !- Shooting out a car window without ear plugs ?- Let me know how that turns out ?-- I would not do it if I was U !- I speak from experience- U won't like it !- Anybody in the car with U ain't gonna like it either !-- Always use ear plugs when U shoot **** !

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the good word HP?
I just planted my last tomato next to the patio. Checked my cherry tomato and already have little green maters on it! Woo hoo!
I was assessing the damage to my greenhouse this morning and see there are several pot plants growing amongst the rubble! Must have been a few seeds last year! They're already over 5' tall growing in that composted forest product dirt.

Yep I know the feeling...I am almost deaf now from heavy equipment and gunfire. When we are young and invulnerable its all good sense...but now not so much.
Got me a healthy case of tinnitus from loud machinery and gunfire too.
It amazes me sometimes how reckless I was in my youth. Ear plugs? Thems for sissys! (I thought) Dumb dumb dumb!

Good morning OFC!
Words of wisdom on this fine Sunday morning. Smokin for Jesus again and for you guys.
Keef I was dreaming about making wine. That's a first. Usually I'm getting wasted and things are friggin weird. It was a pleasant dream.

I gotta run out and get coffee filters ...

Good morning OFC. Slow moving this morning. It's going to get in the high 90's.

My reasoning when I started messing with brewing was that it seemed like a good skill to possess -- Then my reasons got complicated - The extra C02 in the grow can't hurt - It doesn't take much time or work for the value -- It is good "transactional grease "- (Maybe U should sample a couple kinds of wine before we talk weed price ? )-- Used nute water still got plenty grow left in it -- I grew aero veggies in it just to see -- So what am I gonna do with used nute water - Maybe use it to water some blueberry bushes or other fruit to ferment -- No sense wasting it -- If I was just out to make liquor I'd set up a submarine still and make sugar liquor -- (100 gallons of water---100 lbs of sugar and a pound of yeast )--Instead I got hooked on the finese of making something that tasted good !--Now the question is can I make a good tasting THC fortified wine ?-How fortified ?--- I mess some wine up regularly -- If U can make liquor U can make vinegar - and U will sometimes !--

Nov I can't find a label on my RO system but this is what I got !-- Tap water go in at close to 300 ppms and close to 8.5 pH comes out with 6 ppms and maybe 6.0 pH -- I couldn't grow weed with this poison water !-- RO water also makes a nice pitcher of iced tea !
20190601_220357.jpg

argh. I can't find me words. I want to put a filter in. That looks about the size I was looking at. Under the bathroom sink eh? Sounds good for my layout too.

how much does it take to raise co2 ppm? a 5 gal bucket? isn't that better designed for a passive exhaust system? or does it put out that much it's cool? The thing that gets to me about alcohol now is the smell. It makes me wretch a little.
so many questions....I can be like a 5 year old lol. Don't shoot me haha!

oh I found em! My words!
Fortified wine is what I was interested in too Keef. Suppose I'd have to learn wine first tho :p You know when that stuff makes it to market I'm going to take a few sips because how could I not? I'll just put myself into restrictive custody for a day or so. That way I don't go hunting more.

I got some lamb chops when I ran out for coffee filters. I'm thinking herb crusted :)

Nov --I would put raising CO2 levels on the way back burner - U need a SEALED grow room to raise the levels much -- Fortified wine ?-- I would like a respectable dose of THC in maybe a 6-8 Oz glass of wine -- One glass -- One dose !-- Maybe put a nice bud in a bottle of fortified white wine as window dressing ?-- Getting a nice taste gonna be tough ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back