Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna need to put an oil cooler on yer van, if you get one Nov. I had a '72 dual carb take a dump on me in Shamrock,TX back in early 80s on my way to new Navy duty station in Lemoore, CA. Needless to say, no one had ever seen or worked on one in Shamrock and the nearest parts were 90 miles away. I was deemed UA upon arrival when I finally made it to Moffett Field in the South Bay and tried to get paid. Good times!

"Busted flat in Mountain View,
Hammered by the man....."

Morning OFC! Sun's shining and we're smoking Chupacabra here at AIP!

Good morning everyone.

Nov, good to hear about Mrs Nov. Now about vans. I'm mostly immune to nostalgia so take what I say with a chunk of salt. On roadtrips, I hate getting caught behind VW vans. They cant keep up and don't do hills well. Following them means speeds are erratic. The nostalgia thing keeps them at a premium price for what you get. Replacement parts are hard to get, too. IMO, you can do better and with less cost.

I'm a fan for newer. When the automotive industry came out with Electronic Stability Control (ESC), vehicles became safer. My old 2006 xB had it and ESC saved my butt a few times. (xB toaster! I'm no slave to fashion, as Click and Clack would say). I still see that wheeler toaster tooling around town. Think about something that is at least new enough to have ESC.

I want to test out my clone/seedling tote today. My other plants are on a raised bed in a basement and need to be switched over too. The jungle is thick. I had to throw out my Thai basil and ghost pepper plants. No room and I've harvested enough to get by until spring outside planting. I really need head space and it's another month before predicted harvest time. I need to switch those over to aero sprayers, too.

My new WW is growing like crazy in dirt. I need better water nutrition to keep that going when I swap over to a root sprayer. GH3 is okay, but I need to step up.

It's going to be warmer today. Melt snow, melt. We have rain predicted next week. Maybe then.

We are on DST already so I need to get going, I'm late. Have a good one.

Morning OFC !-- Tiny house living sucks after awhile !--
If I had outbuildings and all my **** wasn't in storage it would be tolerable ! -
Dax - I use Botanacare nutes - cause that's what I got !- Pro- grow or bloom - and some EM1 !-
I need to work this pipe some !-- Later !

All this VW van talk and soon as I pull into Walmart this morning...one is there...looks like he spent the night there. Is it VW's with all the windows?...they are the ones that bring high dollar...16 or 18 windows maybe?

IMG_20200308_075430740_HDR_25.jpg

Heard the nephew banging around on stuff last night before I went to bed !- Wasn't nosy enough to go see what he was doing -- This morning I noticed an electric wench been put on the front of the 4 wheeler !-- I guess we going Ninja fishing ?-- I had suggested borrowing a tow truck-- he a wrench twister - Just drop a line off the bridge and snatch that bike up and take it home !-- 4 wheeler little more complicated but we can make it work ?

Good morning ofc, it is beautiful in the hood this morn. Bright sun, no company (lol) dogs are happy, bud and I are happy, it is all good. A friend took me to thai for a belated birthday lunch, so good. Our son works at costco and said people are nuts about the coronavirus. Why do people stock up on TP? And water? The store is out. I hope the OFC stays well, and Novi, you guys get better.
I drove a 1966 VW sedan, two-door. My big brother bought it when he was in Germany and brought it home. They didn't have that model in the US. I mountain climbed in that car... God that was fun.. My dad would kill me again if he knew.
I hope all of us old farts stay well thru this. Smoke um, i think pot is anti viral?

We were discussing what to do with the bike - Can't rebuild it and put it back on the road - VIN # and such ?- Don't want to go to jail for stealing a motorcycle !- We put that motor in a toy of somekind !- I voted water toy of course but what it ends up pushing who knows !- There's a welder and lots of parts and pieces to work with ?- Got to get it here 1st !- Got farming to do too !-Another toke or 2 then maybe I be real !
Hey Rose !- Life is good !- I'm happy for U !
I'm only smoking and taking these caps for the anti microbial effect !-- Strictly medicinal !-

There's no government leadership that can be trusted to tell the truth !- The unknown scares people - This is a big unknown -- I got me some TP and a box of buck shot !- Better stay away from my TP !- and my weed too - 2nd thought ?-- just stay dahell out the mudhole wit your viruses and **** !--

Nov iirc the vw bug was available with a supercharger not sure about the bus. But the rear engine cooling system was iffy and I know a couple folks who had engine fires in their vans, and another who blew the tranny in the mountains of Vermont. Cute but high maintenance.
If I were going to buy a van to live in temporarily , it would be a Nissan NV hi top. They're beasts and I'd bet dollars to donuts they blow the Mercedes sprinters outta the water in terms of cost over time. I love Nissan gas engines. The 4.0 v6 simply cannot be killed.
Thanks for the info Stinky! I'm ok with a Nissan. I'll look into them.
Those old Vans and busses probably aren't the best choice for practicality. A mini van isn't going to cut it though. A sprinter would be a great frame to build but I'm not investing that deeply.
Thanks to everyone for their opinions and experience with the VW's!
Nice coinkidink HP! That's about what is pictured, just more windows, yes.
Good luck keef, don't fall in!
A couple tokes of the latest LSD and I'm good already. It creeps.
Thank you Rose. She's going to be ok. I hope you and yours also stay well also.
So.... Are my plants aware of DST? I feel like they aren't... I'm slightly confused about my timers now lol. To change or not to change?

There's something I'm have to do and I'm hoping someone might be able to help figure it out -- I want to electroplate the inside of a bigass pressure cooker with copper !-- I got a general idea -- I fill the pressure cooker up with a slightly alkaline or acidic solution so a current will flow between the poles ?-- I electrically insulate the cooker and suspend a copper rod in the solution ?-- make it positive and the cooker negative - I'm just wondering how long that would take and can I do it with a battery charger ?- Any thoughts on plating the inside of what's not a moonshine still ?

I was deemed UA upon arrival when I finally made it to Moffett Field in the South Bay and tried to get paid. Good times!

"Busted flat in Mountain View,
Hammered by the man!

Used to work right next to moffet field in that big blue cube at the end of Matilda....it’s of course gone now, being a relic of the Cold War....

Good morning OFC. My FIL had 1st VW van on east coast in late 50's. He had 5 kids at the time and drove an Alfa Romero spider, so he got the VW. He did mountain roads all the time going to Pocono raceway every years. BIL moved to Houston and was in construction and VW van was his work truck. He put the 914 2.0 motor in it. Drove it in the ground several times. Pretty sure 2022 electric VW van for sale then.
Red, doubt anyone here knows much about Moffett field. It's a NASA site near Mountainview in Silicon Valley. I still have an id badge somewhere from working there.

Good morning OFC

Used to work right next to moffet field in that big blue cube at the end of Matilda....it’s of course gone now, being a relic of the Cold War....

I used to work about a mile from the "Blue Cube" for a chip maker in Sunnyvale. I remember when that place was top secret and the government would deny it had anything to do with spy satellites. ha ha

G'Mornin'/ Afternoon OFC! Hey! Does anybody over here get high? I toked up during email reading this morning and when I opened my online bank acct to rectify, realized I was out of coffee. I got up and mashed the buttons on my Bunn MCU then went to pee. Long story short when I remembered my coffee I was nearly finished detailing the hinges on my toilet seat. SHEESH! Online session closed out, coffee nearly cold, back and fingers all cramping up .... I need to raise the temp on my Volcano and hit that again! Do any of you guys get high?
#.jpg

OK so the Ninja is off the side of a railroad trestle not a road bridge -- busy railroad too !-- Quarter mile run down the tracks to get it to the truck !-- The developing plan is to pull it up out the gully and onto an old car hood -- make the mad dash to the truck pulling the bike on the car hood with the 4 wheeler ?-- I think I would be best as a look out!-- I survived my adrenaline addiction !-
Got the farming done - Mostly?-- Bloom is full !-- That mother plant may go outside !-- I'm still watching the seed develop on her !-Mature Mudhole Pink seed in a few weeks !- month at most !-- A White Indica -x- BBSL mom and dad be Snow Desiel -x- BBSL -- BBSL carry a pink trait and SD-X-BBSL I called Big Pink for a reason !-- They may not all make pink bud but most should !- - Might be a touch of Snow Lotus in it ?
If she follows the path I expect she ain't taking no prisoners !-- Pretty Pink flowers that will beat your mind like a red headed step child !--

Edit -- Billy let me hit a couple lines of that ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back