Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But what's it got in its pocketssssss?
20200426_193645.jpg

Ohhh medium rare roast!
Don't mind the pink gravy I used too much wine, tastes good, looks unholy, sorry Michelin I'll wait til next year for my stars :... (
Probably should have stuck with a thin cognac sauce just for visual appeal

Back to the pine project, yum girl... the 79 Xmas bud was purported to be the Pine bud from the 70's and 80's. I've been asked about various aspect of breeding and sometimes I just don't know the answer. One of those questions has been about the parents and whether you get the same plants by reversing their sex roles. So would 79 Xmas x PTK be the same as PTK x 79 Xmas. I don't honestly know. I would think theoretically they should be the same. But I will circumvent that. There is the possibility that the 79 Xmas, should be kept pure. We will circumvent that as well. 1 male and 1 female PTK and 1 male and 1 female 79 Xmas bud. Possibilities would be
79 Xmas F2
79 Xmas x PTK
PTK F2
PTK x 79 Xmas.
In California everybody wants a keeper from a single pack of seeds, but they don't want anyone else to have it. This should provide with both diversity and preservation all at the same time.

The northeast regional pine buds go way back. It's an outdoor strain that the Mohawks have been growing on both sides of the border (upstate ny/northern vt/southern Quebec) for decades. It is strong pine, citrus umdertones, and fast finisher that holds well in long-term storage.
I look forward to seeing the subtleties of your modern take on a classic.

Good Morning OFC...last week of the month yielding to May on Friday(just looked on calendar after lost day last week). Hopefully the new month will bring some good news...we all deserve a little I feel, so many are coping with a lot of stress these days. Boughs of Pine is catchy...couple more popped into mind... loblolly lollipop....pine knot. I plan on dropping next run when I get off today...gonna hit the mailman up..."The Postman Always Rings Twice" they say...but that was a horrid movie. Going to smoke that Tasso today as well...got the fridge smelling like a spice rack. Someone ran over a Copperhead out by my mailbox yesterday...this morning only a greasy spot left...the night critters had a easy meal...free grocery's do not last long...some coon, possum or skunk was like heck yeah ! Wishing everyone a pain and stress free day...Peace ya'll

images (11).jpg

Good morning OFC

I remember about 10 to 15 years ago a popular strain in the Big Valley called Pine Cone. It smelled and tasted really piney. I wonder what happened to that strain...
Black Domina was a strong strain with a lot of Pine taste if I recall correctly. I don't see that strain around anymore either. A lot of hybrids have been crossed with Black Domina like Black Jack. I guess it is still around in a way.

Have a awesome day Senior gardeners. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back