Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Giggy - I read that but I also read about clone only varieties 20-30 years old ! Has Chem Dawg #4 become less potent ?- From a single plant in 1991 and she still rocks !-- I've seen only good cloning from clones !-- These two Widow lines of mine have adapted to my grow technique and thrive and I take clones every 2 week's from clones and they're almost 2 years old and show no signs of slowing !-- The potentcy is set by genetics and expressed by the conditions in which it is grown !- There is no genetic degradation from cloning as far as I can tell !-- We get spring planting out the way maybe Green Santa will show up one day with a clone that has been cloned repeatedly for two year's and let U decide for your self if the potency is still there - she'll ring your bell but this T.E. will beech slap U !

I had medicine woman for 5 years as a clone and I thought she was losing some pop, but now I think i was just so used to her i built up a tolerance.

I wish we had studies to tell us whether clones do lose their potency. I don't see how they could really. Genetic wise..how could that happen?

I believe what I read about is that the clone ages as you repeat the process, a clone from a 2 year old plant is two years old....the controversy comes when the discussion centers around the fact the the plant is programed to be an annual plant, is there degradation as the cells age...from there it really just gets into opinion so yes there is not a real definitive answer yet, much more research is needed in my opinion.

I know at first my Widow used to abuse me !- Pushed me off the dunes !- I've adapted and I can smoke her and go to the store without getting lost or forgetting why I was at the store !- I think that's a good thing !-- I got one of them jewelers loops and the tricomes are just as crowded !- I'll be moving on over the next year !- My pink line Widow will be first to go then when the child of T.E. and my Black line Widow is on line I may let the black line go !- The T.E. will be with me until I find something more impressive ! Hey Rose !- this used to be my planting technique !- put the seed in dirt- water -- plant grow !

What Kraven said !-- Except how can U explain clone only varieties decades old ! - I think it is as simple as - photos depend on daylight length to trigger bloom reaction and it can be reversed by returning daylight length ! -

There's a fine line between genius and crazy !- I like to use that line for a jump rope !

I believe what I read about is that the clone ages as you repeat the process, a clone from a 2 year old plant is two years old....the controversy comes when the discussion centers around the fact the the plant is programed to be an annual plant, is there degradation as the cells age...from there it really just gets into opinion so yes there is not a real definitive answer yet, much more research is needed in my opinion.
There was a great discussion about this at the Emerald Cup between, subcool, mz jill, mean gene( he won the cup) and DJ Short. DJ claims he has a mother that is 20 years old and no genetic degradation. I was impressed with their knowledge on the subject. They talked about plants becoming woody and hard to clone and the ways around it.

giggy, why do you do all that to seeds? I just pop them in soil and the sprout? Just wondering.

Good morning boys.. rb is a little grumpy this morning, a cable guy wants in our backyard? too early...need more coffee and more girl scout cookies..

Have a good day you OFC !
i always germ in paper towels, but was told that these beans were old (white widow, and white elephant) so i tried the soak then paper towel this time. when i was young i did just soil but now i germ then put it in soil. what made me change was when half of my seeds didn't sprout and had to redo everything.

thanks giggy, it was really none of my business. But if they are old I guess that makes sense... Keep up the good work.:vap-Bong_smoker:

Interesting Umbra.. Genetically speaking only it seems it would be the same forever, but i know not much. Wish i could have heard that discussion. Awesomeness.

Me too Rose, that topic really interests me. Umbra, what was their general opinion ?

the general concept supported by all the breeders there, was that certain precautions should be taken for long term growing and all those breeders had moms and dads that were more than 10 years old. None showed genetic loss from the original. They were of the opinion that they would be no difference. DJ mentioned he has released less 30% of his moms, and he said he uses 28K watts for lighting them. Darn, that is a warehouse just for moms. There is a recording of this conversation at the cup. I have seen it on 1 of the sites, maybe cannazon...maybe on youtube.

I believe the issues with clone degradation is not from taking a cutting and rooting it, it is from making copies a dna strands using pcr (polymerase chain reaction ). This process splits the DNA helix and makes copies, because only certain nucleic acids will bond with each other, the sequence is automatic. However, after 1000's and 1000's of copies, they don't always sequence correctly. Part of the pcr is a scanner that scan the dna strand after it is copied, if it is not correct it is discarded.

That makes sense, I was always leaning toward the concept that there is little to none but never could find definitive science to back up my hypothesis.

Hippie we have a dog that followed my son home, and he has turn out to be a great dog. good luck

What a darling puppy, border collie or Ause shepard? So sweet. I hope no one is missing him. He is very huggable. Thanks for posting.. i am in love. I want to kiss him. He will be smart I bet.

So umbra after 1000's of cutting the dna doesn't always line up right? Did i understand that?

He's a Shetland Sheepdog, or "Sheltie". I don't think the lady is going to miss him as much as I miss the $500 outta my wallet!

The Old Hen said she wanted to give me a couple of bills for tricking up the bus for our anniversary and the five bills would run us a bit tight for the month. I told her it was worth every penny if it took a little of the pain out of her heart. The bus can wait. It's good to see her smile again.

AWESOME!!!!!!! I was so worried about the previous owner... YAYAYAYA!!! I love him already, whats his name? Glad you could make your wife happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back