Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a friend got busted with a few outdoor plants. 5000 dollars and 2 years probation later. it was done. With a mmj card, he would never have gone through that .I call it the cheapest insurance card you can buy.

The kid's boyfriend's uncle was a caregiver. He thought he could get away with everything. Had a couple of dozen plants outside, WAY under what he could legally grow. Dumb bastard didn't have them fenced and locked according to the rules. Cost him his plants and forty grand in fines. Fencing is cheap. If you're gonna play, it helps to know the rules. Sure came in handy when I got my visit by the HEMP squad.......I got to keep my plants and got a handshake and a "sorry for the inconvenience". I'm posting my number so the fly boys can see 'em if I grow outdoors this year.

:cool2:
Good morning boys,

Keef, is Texas going to legalize??? I just read it is. How cool and weird would that be.

Kraven, awesome news!

Umbra, dogs?

I still have company and i am getting tired.. it has been fun. She leaves today. My plants got winged ants in the roots. Cinnamin killed them but not till after Rosebud panicked.

Hey Joe, nice to see you. Nice to see all ya all.
Have a great day peeps.
Dogs are doing well. Back to being crazy dogs. I fenced in the compost pile to keep them out. Thanks for asking

Rose they passed a bill that will help no one !- CBDs only for a select few seizure patients !- The patients will find it impossible to get approved !- Like the old MJ Tax Stamp Act !- No stamps ! U got bugged !- What was all the benefits from growing outside in the dirt ! I 'm staying inside !
Texas is following Christie's playbook by making it difficult for patients and giving no real medicine and saying see how we care. Pure **.

Exactly Umber,,these Texas Asshats aint gonna do nothing to make things easy for ppl who need thier meds.

I gave my extra clones away yesterday. All I have left are 3 plants . one Holland's hope feminized and 2 regular seed . A cross of chemdog91 x the sugar. I am hoping one is male and one female. I guess They go guerrilla grow tonight. Got to get rid of them. I'll try to get some seeds like that. plant them and hope for the best.

I 'll do things the way Kraven said --- don't got a lot of faith in the system !- I'll be a good law abiding citizen ! Now Keef my alterego is about a crazy mofo !- Ain't no telling what he gonna do !-- I take no responsiblity for his actions ! Cause he said he'd cut me up !- I'm scared !

Keef, you crack me up, lol. I read that rather than carrying large sums of money, the cartels are using prepaid debit cards to carry money. Police in AZ are now carrying card readers to see how much is stored on your card, if you are stopped for drugs. They then sieze all of your money regardless if your convicted or not. The problem with this idea is that it targets people who don't traditionally use a bank, like the poor, students, and people who have learned not to trust banks and if they are stopped for a single joint and their pay check is on the card, it is gone. This is theft any way you look at it. Cops job is to lie, cheat, and steal...don't ever forget that!

Oh I forgot their job is to kill you if you blink the wrong way. Cops suck

Just read where there is an estimated 400,000 rape kits backlogged in this country. Seems like this cops could "protect and serve" a little more.
I live in a town with a caution light. Very small. I trust our cops here. All three of them. But other than those guys, I fear the cops when I come in contact with them. Its just safer to not trust them. Your basically trusting a complete stranger. That happens to be well armed and trained. And who happens to have the weight of the "law" on his/her side.
No thank you.

They mess with me - I'll be like Sheriff Bart in Blazing Saddles and take myself hostage !-- Back Off !- or the old stoner gets it !-

Man, been looking at some small grows today. Makes me want to convert a small cabinet or something. The possibilities are endless!!

When I first went online to canna sites, whenever someone posted something scientific about cannabis, it was met with skepticism. I learned to reference everything, and a regular post from me had a bibliography longer than the post itself. I have tried not to do that anymore, lol. But sometimes I leave out way too much about something simple, and then it doesn't make sense to other people. I don't mean to do this.

In another thread here, there was a discussion about adding lime to your soil. Many of the comments were that lime would help adjust your pH. Of course my response was a bit less obvious. I mentioned that pH is more than just a measurement of acidity it is potential hydrogen and it acts a lot like potential energy. That adding lime is more about cation and ion exchange rate. Yeah, not much of an explanation. I try to lead people down the right path. A simple google search for any of the key phases or words would get you volumes of information on soil chemistry and how it interacts with plants. I'm thinking most people never made the connection or the research for themselves.
The pH of the soil and the feeding water are essential aspects of a good feeding plan. pH does not have a direct effect on the plant, but it does directly affect the availability of the nutrients for the plant. The plant, in turn, can also influence the pH of the soil in the rhizosphere ( the area close to the roots ). Perhaps first I should define pH a little better. The pH scale, the standard measurement for acidity, was developed in 1909. It is a simple and universal measurement of the amount of hydrogen ions there are in a solution. These ions affect its acidity and how the solution will react chemically. pH is defined as the negative logarithm of the hydrogen ion concentration. It is the result of the presence of anions ( negatively charged nutrients ) and cations ( positively charged nutrients ). So its kind of like counting cards, if that makes any sense.
The rhizosphere is the narrow region of soil that is directly influenced by root secretions and various soil microorganisms. Plants respond to nutrient deficiency by altering their root morphology, recruiting the help of microorganisms and changing the chemical environment of the rhizosphere. Soil is a living organism in and of itself. Components in root exudates help plants access nutrients by acidifying or changing the redox conditions within the rhizosphere or chelating directly with the nutrients. Exudates can liberate nutrients via the dissolution of insoluble mineral phases or desorption from clay minerals or organic matter, whereby they are released into the soil in solution and can then be taken up by the plant.
The pH in the rhizosphere can be very different from the pH which is measured in the nutrient solution. The main reason for this, is that the plant needs to remain neutral. All nutrients comprise positive and negative charged ions. The surface of the root is negatively charged. So negatively charged ions are repelled by the roots. The plants has ways of dealing with this by excreting anion for every anion uptake. The same holds true for cations. This way, the plants remains neutral. So how does this help grow my plants bigger? In the case of N, it can take different forms chemically. Ammonium ( NH4+) has an acidic effect to the soil, however nitrate (NO3-) has an alkaline effect. You can see where I am going with this. Enough for now...

When I first went online to canna sites, whenever someone posted something scientific about cannabis, it was met with skepticism. I learned to reference everything, and a regular post from me had a bibliography longer than the post itself. I have tried not to do that anymore, lol. But sometimes I leave out way too much about something simple, and then it doesn't make sense to other people. I don't mean to do this.

In another thread here, there was a discussion about adding lime to your soil. Many of the comments were that lime would help adjust your pH. Of course my response was a bit less obvious. I mentioned that pH is more than just a measurement of acidity it is potential hydrogen and it acts a lot like potential energy. That adding lime is more about cation and ion exchange rate. Yeah, not much of an explanation. I try to lead people down the right path. A simple google search for any of the key phases or words would get you volumes of information on soil chemistry and how it interacts with plants. I'm thinking most people never made the connection or the research for themselves.
The pH of the soil and the feeding water are essential aspects of a good feeding plan. pH does not have a direct effect on the plant, but it does directly affect the availability of the nutrients for the plant. The plant, in turn, can also influence the pH of the soil in the rhizosphere ( the area close to the roots ). Perhaps first I should define pH a little better. The pH scale, the standard measurement for acidity, was developed in 1909. It is a simple and universal measurement of the amount of hydrogen ions there are in a solution. These ions affect its acidity and how the solution will react chemically. pH is defined as the negative logarithm of the hydrogen ion concentration. It is the result of the presence of anions ( negatively charged nutrients ) and cations ( positively charged nutrients ). So its kind of like counting cards, if that makes any sense.
The rhizosphere is the narrow region of soil that is directly influenced by root secretions and various soil microorganisms. Plants respond to nutrient deficiency by altering their root morphology, recruiting the help of microorganisms and changing the chemical environment of the rhizosphere. Soil is a living organism in and of itself. Components in root exudates help plants access nutrients by acidifying or changing the redox conditions within the rhizosphere or chelating directly with the nutrients. Exudates can liberate nutrients via the dissolution of insoluble mineral phases or desorption from clay minerals or organic matter, whereby they are released into the soil in solution and can then be taken up by the plant.
The pH in the rhizosphere can be very different from the pH which is measured in the nutrient solution. The main reason for this, is that the plant needs to remain neutral. All nutrients comprise positive and negative charged ions. The surface of the root is negatively charged. So negatively charged ions are repelled by the roots. The plants has ways of dealing with this by excreting anion for every anion uptake. The same holds true for cations. This way, the plants remains neutral. So how does this help grow my plants bigger? In the case of N, it can take different forms chemically. Ammonium ( NH4+) has an acidic effect to the soil, however nitrate (NO3-) has an alkaline effect. You can see where I am going with this. Enough for now...

Thank-you Umbra, the expanse of your knowledge is deep. If ever I needed a scientific reason for something explained it is clear to me you can drag me into deep water quickly, it is good to know knowledgeable peeps like you Umbra. Thanks.

Yeah its rough. Its also time for a new beginning..

Shame about the bong !-- Umbra !-- I know your tag says feed the soil !-- Dirt don't eat !- I suspect U got a little zoo down in that dirt and U feeding them on the sly !- Is your plants eating them critters poo-poo?- That'd make my pH go up and down too !-- O.K. just kidding !- I grow a microorganism soup which I call nute solution !-- The only tools I have to judge the health of the soup is a pH pen and a ppm pen !-- I run about 400-600 ppms and my pH drifts between 5.7 and 6.4 - any higher any lower I adjust !-- There is a definite rhythm to the rise and fall of pH. - I assume that is a good thing ?

I have never checked PH in my life. Well, that is not true, i had a soil test done.

Thanks Umbra..

all you seed makers. How long does it take to make seeds after pollination. .It is not the same as buds is it?
Rose ,I don't check ph either. If I had problems, I would. My nutes adjust the ph and keep the plants always green. No reason to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back