Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See yall later,,taking my Granddaughter to Six Flags.

believe me i still chance it every once in awhile, that stuff is just to good to miss.

my beer is a good ol american black and tan from the oldest brewery in the u.s. which is yuengling, i just wish they would get the porters here but the b&t seem to be thinning out a little too.
Yuengling is made in Southeastern PA, it was a local beer for me. While I like their black and tans, we always make our own with Bass Ale and Guinness extra stout. Here on the West coast, they don't do lagers...IPA rule here. Yeah I like IPA's, but I like a change of pace.

Morning gents. I haven't eaten cat meat since Moy Kong closed. Best egg rolls I've ever had. Back in my "W" days, I had a beaner apprentice from Sagnasty that used to bring me dog meat burritos. Excellent! We had a guy on the crew that was a bachelor, cooked like a top chef, and was skinny as a rail. I figured he must have had a tape worm to stay that skinny and eat like he did. I've eaten coon, opossum, muskrat, porcupine, and just about anything that was too slow to get away from the guy. Horse is very tasty, but can be a bit dry if not cooked correctly. It's kind of like buffalo; it has very low fat content.

Umbra, I can identify with your shirt. I don't eat fish, but pink is my favorite color.

Across the street from Eastern State Prison is a restaurant called Jack's Firehouse. It is an old Firehouse. We had done a Halloween at the Prison then had dinner. I remember they had Bear, wild Boar, Goat ( from a local 4H club), Grouse and Goose. Bobby Flav worked there at the time. I had the goose and my date had the wild boar. It was seriously good.

I've had bear twice. The first time was outright nasty. The second time, a friend gave me a bear steak after I told him I didn't like bear. He said the secret to the meat is you have to have it cut up and on ice within eight hours of shooting it. He was right. I took it home, tossed a little Lawrey's on it, seared it on both sides, and turned down the heat. Yum!

I can't get past the smell to eat goat or lamb. For some Freudian reason, to me it smells like burnt human flesh when it's cooked. The wife loves goat, but I make her brush her teeth before I can stand to kiss her after she eats it, and she can't cook it in the house unless I'm gone long enough for the smell to clear out. It literally makes me sick to my stomach.

Other than those two critters, I'll eat anything that has feet of hooves on it!

I've had bear twice. The first time was outright nasty. The second time, a friend gave me a bear steak after I told him I didn't like bear. He said the secret to the meat is you have to have it cut up and on ice within eight hours of shooting it. He was right. I took it home, tossed a little Lawrey's on it, seared it on both sides, and turned down the heat. Yum!

I can't get past the smell to eat goat or lamb. For some Freudian reason, to me it smells like burnt human flesh when it's cooked. The wife loves goat, but I make her brush her teeth before I can stand to kiss her after she eats it, and she can't cook it in the house unless I'm gone long enough for the smell to clear out. It literally makes me sick to my stomach.

Other than those two critters, I'll eat anything that has feet of hooves on it!

Have ate bear a few times, it`s like stringy beef. And yes, bear needs to be slaughtered on the spot for the best meat. Ate a lot of other game birds and animals that peeps harvested and brought into work to share with the crew. No goat or lamb though. Any thing with feet huh ??????? Now if seafood tasted like it smells, i could not eat it, but it don`t.
Goose ? Nasty, greasy birds, no good IMO. Do not care for duck either.

I don't know which is worst, the pain in my knee today or the rage that the pain meds is trying to bring out. I also have to go home and bury one of our puppies today. He ate something the other day,he was up playing this morning but it must have been his time. Just trying to get through the rest of the day.

giggy sorry about the puppy, I know about dogs eating stuff. hope you have a better day

Giggy, sorry to hear about the pup and the pain. Pain sucks, and losing animals hurts, too.

Yoop, I ate some Canadian goose that was made by that skinny guy I mentioned. He cut it up in one inch or smaller cubes, breaded it, and deep fried it. The stuff would melt in your mouth. Good stuff!

I don't do sea food with the exception of dolphin. They call it tuna, but we all know better. When I'm on my diet kick, I'll open a can of Star-Kist and mow down. When you haven't eaten in a couple of days, it's a real treat. Not many calories, either.

The wife loves it when we go somewhere they've got crab legs. I stuff a burger and onion rings down my gullet and peel legs for her. When it comes to fish, I'll catch 'em, clean 'em, and fry 'em for ya, but I don't eat 'em. The taste and texture just isn't my thing.

Sorry I haven't checked in today guys !- I was just giving back to the community - doing some volunteer work at the Vegan Mission - They selling BBQ plates tonight so I cooked kosher pork shoulder for them !-- That's my story and I'm sticking to it !

Hippy don't go to Vegas. I did the buffet at MGM with my sons and we ate more 50 lbs of King Crab legs.

With health officials recommending no more than 36 ounces a month, I'd be worried about the amount of mercury consumed, although they're second to the last on content.
The Great Lakes are probably worse. The DNR says not to eat more than five pounds of fish in a year, and pregnant women or women thinking about getting pregnant shouldn't eat any. Goes to show what Dow dumped in the water supply.

What the hell. Who wants to live forever?:)

Evening all, I headed back out to the smoker, I smoked a ham while I was at work today, and now it is perfect, wife is making tater salad, bbq beans and home made biscuits. Smoking a bowl and letting the ham rest before I carve it up.

giggy, sorry to hear about your puppy, it sucks to have to go and do that.

Hippie, someone always has a good recipe. The right cook can do wonders, he`d have to for me to like goose. I can eat a few crab legs myself, do like most seafood.

umbra, sounds like you and da boys put a hurt on the crab population.

Krav, ya got me droolin` on my keyboard.

Before i forget, GREEN SANTA paid a summertime visit today, which is much appreciated, thank you Santa.

I'm glad for U Yoop !-- That fat green bastid better get over here with my Williams Wonder seed afore I lose my patience !-- I want to start some Tranquil Widow seed at the same time as the Willy seed ! And I want to do it now !-

morning everybody, WAKE AND BAKE. a new day before us. thanks for the kind words folks, it's always sad when they are big enough that you get attached to them. i went home and set with the wife and looked at the better things in life and got the anger and rage buried again, it was just a bad day in the books. the wife and i had planned a get away tonight to a band battle, but it looks like the rest of the crew has invited them self's so instead of a night to our self's it will be a family outing.

Good Saturday morning giggy and the rest of the sleepy heads of the OFC. Computer has been down and out. Had to delete everything on it and start all over. What a royal PITA. Every thing is different to try and get around on it now. Different and harder, i want it back like it was. Not gonna happen.

good morning OFC. With Alaskan crab, I worry more about the Nuclear radiation from the Japanese accident. Don't hear much about that. They don't talk about the bad stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back