Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Umbra so U know about nuke stuff ?-- got a question about it !- turning helium 3 into nuke power - is it fusion or fision ?-- and why aren't we using it ?-- Kraven !- go for it Cuz !--

when it comes to food, I am adventurous. My ex studied at Cordon Bleu and she turned me into a foodie. I'm not going out and eating cats and dogs, but there are things that I wouldn't shy away from. Both my sons were eating escargot by the age of 2. Frogs legs by they were 3 yrs old. I remember my ex serving rabbit on Easter and my son asked if it was the Easter Bunny. I took my sons deep sea fishing when they were 5 and 11 years old. We caught some blue fin tuna. The captain had the mate start cutting it up as soon as it was on board. The first cut was offered to my youngest son, it was still quivering.

umbre i'll eat crawfish, froglegs, and a lot of other stuff, but i'm not eating raw fish. i won't hardly eat cooked fish. my father couldn't eat shell fish, and he loved it. i don't have no problems eating shell fish till i mix shrimp and oysters, for about a hour to a hour and a half i just feel ill and sweat like a pig. i can eat all i want of either just can't mix.

Whew giggy hatin' it for ya, you wouldn't have made it where I grew up, in sopchoppy. family goes back 7 generations of fishermen. Besides a few dozen raw oysters and some beer before frying the shrimp and crab and fish, heck that's how we rolled.

I used to have a T shirt, my sons have banned me from wearing in public. It was from a seafood restaurant in Chincoteague, MD and it said

IF it smells like fish...eat it

I don't know how ya'll eat that nasty stuff !-- Back in the swamp we mostly ate chicken !

starting to ketch a buzz...2 canna caps and a coco puffs treat my son made today. Apparently he did the same thing and fell asleep in the sun, out by the pool. I brought him in the air conditioning and he is sleeping. He got a little sun. I think we are going to the HTCC this weekend for Father's Day.

We used to have some very good sushi bars in Philly and I miss that. My all time favorite beer with sushi is Yards' Philadelphia Pale Ale. Damn

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm disappointed that my seed didn't get here today !- Where is SickMed Seed anyway ?-- They coming airmail !-- The notorious RWS didn't go to cooking school but her Cajun grandmother taught her well !- Couple fingers of 100 proof Southern Comfort and some blues -- she can't help herself !-- She's gotta cook Cajun !-- I could take my cast net over to the ship channel at night and keep the car running while I caught supper !-- Shrimp , Speckled Trout , Flounder , Redfish etc !- or set out a crab trap !---

I was just teasing about fishing with a cast net !- That would be against the law !-- I wouldn't do that !

Good morning OFC. Hope it`s a great day in your area, cause it`s winter here. 30 degrees on the 19th of June ? Ain`t right, but have to deal with it. Hope my tomato and green pepper plants are OK. Gotta have a session of wake and bake this morning. So get a cup of coffee and a bowl and we will have a wake and bake session. Let`s do it ya`ll.

Morning all, off to ......well it's Friday, c y'all when I complete my tasks for the day.

I thought it was pretty cool out this morning. Just made my morning inspection. Good morning OFC.

Good morning Krav and bozzo. It`s cold here. Last night, about 1am, went out and turned the heater on in my garden room. Thought it was OFF for the summer. Then i look at the calendar and see that summer does not start until this coming Sunday.

Whew giggy hatin' it for ya, you wouldn't have made it where I grew up, in sopchoppy. family goes back 7 generations of fishermen. Besides a few dozen raw oysters and some beer before frying the shrimp and crab and fish, heck that's how we rolled.
believe me i still chance it every once in awhile, that stuff is just to good to miss.
We used to have some very good sushi bars in Philly and I miss that. My all time favorite beer with sushi is Yards' Philadelphia Pale Ale. Damn
my beer is a good ol american black and tan from the oldest brewery in the u.s. which is yuengling, i just wish they would get the porters here but the b&t seem to be thinning out a little too.

I was just teasing about fishing with a cast net !- That would be against the law !-- I wouldn't do that !
Yeah I've never done that either. It's a good way to haul in a few pounds of fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back