Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am amost always home by dark, unless its winter with those annoying 5:30 pm sunsets. i never even go to bars anymore. i have a local dive i used to go to years back. last time i was in a bar, i got in over my head and ended up totaling a motorcycle that night. scary stuff, lost use of my right arm. was over a year before i got full mobility. it will never be the same, certian angles i cant lift more than a few pounds. so the drinking and riding kinda lost its appeal after that. i learned years ago, the secret to staying out of trouble is to keep your butt at home.

let's just say i was a sailor and knew every bar in town, after i got home it didn't take long to find new ones. what slowed me down was a woman and i haven't been in many bars at all in the last 32 years (almost), if i drink i do it at home or where i don't have to go anywhere.

Back in NJ I could walk home from several bars. In Cali, there is 1 I could walk home from, but I have never been there. I usually drink at home. Going to start brewing beer again.

The father of my childhood friend used to brew his own. He'd put the ingredients in a huge crock and cover the top with a towel.
Long story short, he apparently had capped a batch a little too green. We were sitting at the dining table playing poker when it sounded like a cherry bomb going off, followed by a whole mess of cherry bombs. We ran downstairs to see what had happened. Amber glass fragments and beer all over hell's creation. Took months to get the smell out of the house.
His wife, kind of a harpy, wasn't pleased.

that's from too much yeast when bottling. that has never happened to me brewing beer. But it did happen brewing root beer. all over the kitchen ceiling.

Good Afternoon here, OFC, Rosebud so sorry about Rasta and family, it is a sad heart to hear new like that.

Had good intentions day but it didn't help !--Haven't got anything done !-- Maybe tomorrow? --

tj's Dad is holding his own after and Em. operation. Tom, (tj) is down in Fl. taking care of things. I'm here alone, and I do get scared sometimes. My babies are doing real good right now. Three inches tall. Oh, and my puppies are growing like little tanks. So, round and fat. Just, three pups and they have all of those nipples. Time to Wake and Bake, again. Lets pass:48:

It is in the 60"s and damp and rainy here. When is this rain going to stop. At least it isn't snow like New England got. awful :tokie:

Glad to hear the plants are doing well Nes !-- We treated for bugs and hurt the babies a little but they'll come back !-- I'm bout tired of this weather too !-- Still don't know if it is the pressure change on something blowing in with the north wind !-- The last several months has been tough ! Supposed to be warm and clear next week so I'm hoping to get some stuff done !-- Finish wiring the hot tub --replace a broken garage door opener and the yard always needs work ! D.D. been on the war path in veg. -- Why did I have to get her that jewelers loop ?-- She threw out anything that she found a bug on !-- Long as I don't lose all cuts from a variety they'll come back ! --
Hey Cane take some cuts and get them rooting then flip them plants !-- They'll show U how long they take to finish and you'll know how they stretch or not and when U bring those cuts to bloom next time you'll know what to expect !
Eventually I'll be down to mostly one variety ! Maybe !--Umbra and Rose be mixing weed from different varieties makes me think compounding oils might do the trick !

What's for supper O.F.C. ?-- D.D. making a Cajun Meatloaf --Half ground pork , half ground chuck -chopped onion ,celery, pepper with Cajun seasoning --Mashed potatoes -- some collard greens and a loaf of french bread !--

Hi nes, i am glad your father in law is doing better. Yes, it was devastating news for anyone that knew him. I didn't really know rasta well. I think i connected with lady rasta more. I am telling you all now, their will be no dying in the ofc or else we will have to be called dead farts club.

I bet your puppies are going to be fat and happy, Is she a good mom? Stay brave nes, isn't it weird how we never hear anything when the guys are here, but they leave and there are sounds in the night.

Keef, i don't know what is for dinner. I got a pound of hamburger staring at me. hmm

I am still smoking the same bowl i had a bit ago..it is time to change it up...

Today was a great day my buddy comes over every Tuesday or Wednesday and we smoke weed ( go figure ) and then proceed to do some L.S.T. on our plants and just chill. So nice to be retired. Then I made supper for my wife and I. Mahi Mahi and jumbo shrimp in my own special sauce, I'm Italian, with garlic bread. I'm tired already. rough day, can't wait for 9:00 so I can go to bed, no nap today LOL.

Have a great night.

Yo Grassman Welcome to the O.F.C. .....Rose Couldn't get the thought about Mrs. Rasta out of my head on the way to Tai Chi this morning..to the point that it brought tears to my eyes...I was to that point myself but was unsuccessful...."Sorry" Just glad to be here"
Anyway.... I am in giggy shoes I was a career sailor And seen my fill of Bars.....
.......Now lets smoke One Please ..............:48:

I am amost always home by dark, unless its winter with those annoying 5:30 pm sunsets. i never even go to bars anymore. i have a local dive i used to go to years back. last time i was in a bar, i got in over my head and ended up totaling a motorcycle that night. scary stuff, lost use of my right arm. was over a year before i got full mobility. it will never be the same, certian angles i cant lift more than a few pounds. so the drinking and riding kinda lost its appeal after that. i learned years ago, the secret to staying out of trouble is to keep your butt at home.

Wow Y.D. Same thing happen to my left arm... Boozzze , 714s & a lot of horsepower .... they said that I would never move it again.....18 months later finally started to move...before that just hug like a piece of rubber....Never been the same...It's a challenge to try and play banjo:)

Cane, i am so glad you are here. It was very shocking and one of the saddest things ever. It is nice to think they would be together smoking a doobie, but....
Like I said, I am glad you are here cane.

Waiting for supper !--Nursing a buzz !--Got to put it behind U Chief !-- Somethings are unhealthy to dwell on !-- U gonna mess around and get your Chi all up in a knot !-- Do they use mantras in Tai-Chi ? --

Just put the Bacon on, so its BLTs tonight.....Keef You know, just some things come up get ya going...We be alright..:) No Real mantras in tai chi....I really find it a good moving meditation....I have tried sitting and forget it "Monkeymind"

I know Cane but U got to learn to protect the mind !-There's some places in your mind U don't need to visit!--Tai-Chi --that's more meditation thru slow rythmic movement ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back