how far apart?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gripandrip

Reaction score
i'm curious how far apart i should plant? i will be planting directly in tilled soil,with composted manure,water polymers and topsoil mixed in,i used a shovel to till,roughly 2 feet deep,my spot is 10 feet by ten feet,basically looking for how far apart,so i can decide how many i can plant in the area

It depends on what area, in the south further apart in the north you can go a little closer because they won`t get as big. I would say 9 to 12 plants but remember some males will be early enough to get them out and the other females will take up some of that room before budding. You might even get 16 some of them will be taller and some will grow under the side of the taller plants the wont make what the would spaced out but will still make more than just having a few spaced out to much. I had 18 on a spot the big one time and 17 were female. I couldnt pull them up they got to big. It was one of those areas that only come along for a couple of years in a lifetime. Slim

thanks for the feedback,i live in the northeast by the way,guess i will have to lug my shovel back out to the spot:)

Latest posts

Back