How long do I have to pull the males?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dub_j

Reaction score
Im near philly, and have some plants outside. from what i understand they should start their flowering cycle any day now. How long does it take a male to pollinate the fems, do i have a window of a couple days or what? Should i be checking them each day now or wait 3 days then check, then 3 more? I really do not like traveling into the grow area there are soooo many ticks. my idea is to wear a garbage bag in then take it off and put another on to keep the ticks off of my clothes. when i go in i usually get about at least 10 on me and i've had lyme's didseas so they kinda bug me a lot. thanks!

Usually within a week or 2 of starting bloom is when they will start to show.. Females will have a lot of hairs. If you are skeptical, post the pics. Everyone here will give their 2 cents. Then you can go from there.. I'm pretty sure that when you find a male, you want to pull it after confirming sex

But how long is the window to pull them before its too late, i don't want to check on them until i know i can tell the sex. so i am trying to figure out if i go in to check them in a week i think they should have started by then, could they pollinate the females before then, or does it take more than a week or two for the males to develop the pollen and all. I just want to go in one time to pull males, without having to keep checking each day.

Here, the days are just starting to get shorter.. Late August.. Can't u just spray yourself down with off? Why, if you have had a tick burrow into your skin, would you replant in a place where you have 10+ on you every time you walk to check on them? I have deer ticks here, but have never really had a problem.. .If I had lime desise before from ticks?, I would move to a state without them... At least to a state that I can walk around without 10+ being on me.. I don't think I have ever had 10 of any bug on me at once. :D Thats pretty bad.. I bet you have no hassles with the 5-0

As Soon As Possible, If YOU do finds clusters of balls almost look like wheat style but small and little, If YOU do find that, its male, as you find it is, then remove the males soon as possible. you do not want them to develop enough to pollen the females and that will product too much of seeds, you will complain if there is some seeds in the joint you roll off these buds

i know for me sometimes the can pop out in a day and sometime it takes longer. i assume it depends on the plant

Get you some backwoods OFF with a pretty high concentration of Deet. Spray it all over your clothes and skin prior to leaving the house. You won't have a single tic actually bite you with that stuff all over. Works great

Dub_j said:
Im near philly, and have some plants outside. from what i understand they should start their flowering cycle any day now. How long does it take a male to pollinate the fems, do i have a window of a couple days or what? Should i be checking them each day now or wait 3 days then check, then 3 more? I really do not like traveling into the grow area there are soooo many ticks. my idea is to wear a garbage bag in then take it off and put another on to keep the ticks off of my clothes. when i go in i usually get about at least 10 on me and i've had lyme's didseas so they kinda bug me a lot. thanks!

every three days is fine, but the more you check the better

if u see growth that resembles a hop, like the ones they make beer with, yank it

GL

Dont know how its spelled but "Permanene" is what you want to keep ticks off.Spray it on your clothes only.Dont get any on your skin.........its poison to us as well as bugs.Just read the label carefully and go by the directions.It works.......trust me.I use it anytime I am in the woods and the ticks stay away.And I am a tick magnet!!!!

the plants are in a field full of grass and thorn bushes, nobody would want to casually walk through it at all, thats why they are there, and when i go in i'm pretty much guaranteed to get at least 6 ticks on me, but thats why its a good spot. thanks for the help, looks like i'm gonna check every three days or so.

Dub_j said:
the plants are in a field full of grass and thorn bushes, nobody would want to casually walk through it at all, thats why they are there, and when i go in i'm pretty much guaranteed to get at least 6 ticks on me, but thats why its a good spot. thanks for the help, looks like i'm gonna check every three days or so.

Girls always make us go through hell and back. :hubba:

Latest posts

Back