how much and how frequently to add water to plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alot of factors homey. Guess when its dry a couple inches down and maybe just starts to droop a bit.

"how much?".. enough to totally saturate the entire container
"How often?"... only after the medium have dried well...
probably not the answer you were hoping for ;).. but there is no 'set amount' nor a "schedule" for watering plants in soil. MJ needs/likes to go through a wet/dry cycle. Good 'n wet to good 'n dry... IMO

You didn't state the medium that you're growing in, so . . .
for example, I just put two gallons of water through a 7" pot yesterday because I wanted to flush out excess ferts. That would be a nightmare in soil. But in coco I did it in less than 5 minutes and there wont be any 'overwatering' problem. It all depends on what you're growing in.

i water when the top 2-3 inchs are dry and i water until it strarts to seep out the bottom of the pot (you need holes in the bottom of the pot and spmthing to catch the run off) this is JMO on what works for me.

I water once a week 1 gallon through a 5 gallon pot, under 1000w of light. This gives my plants time to dry out like Hick mentioned, but not too dry as to wilt. You just have to watch your plants and it all depends on your environment.

im gonna grow in about 15% perlite, 25% vermiculite and 60% peat moss under 400 watt HID's and ubder unsufficient ventilation

was that unsufficient ventilation?
Of course you SHOULD have proper ventilation-otherwise, why waste the water?
I water mine every few days or so-I let the soil get good and dry.
Like the one poster posted-Dry about 2 inches down.
:)
Gb

your ventilation is just as important as the medium, light, water, and nutes...it is part of the "WHOLE" that makes up growing good weed. Trying to grow without proper ventilation is tha same as trying to grow without light, or water

thebestofthecentury said:
im gonna grow in about 15% perlite, 25% vermiculite and 60% peat moss under 400 watt HID's and ubder unsufficient ventilation

Your plants will tell you when to water. If they look like they are drooping, that means that you waited too long to water and you'd better get EDIT moving and soak them.

Latest posts

Back