Hurricane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rookie

Reaction score
Hurricane is coming. What can I do to protect my plants?
Any ideas? Thank you.

Was wondering the same thing myself. Mine are in pots so I will be moving them to a more sheltered area.

If in the ground, stake them up and hope for the best. Good luck- I hope they survive for you.

I'm worried as well...mine are in pots and under a clear tarp. I'm thinking of moving them into the garage tho. If winds are strong enough they're deff falling over

All of you on the coast....STAY SAFE!! and good luck

I am just glad it looks like it will not get here till the weekend....last one that hit us in Jersey I actually got stuck working in. Be safe East Coasters....first the earthquake..now the hurricane. Somebody be hating on us....:)

I dont know about staking them up. Figure 110 mph winds beating on that part above lines will snap them right over at the tie point.
Went through a few big hurricanes years back when growing in the SC swamps. And we never did a thing. Few would be fallen or leaning over and such but none snapped or crimped in the stems because of line. Like holding up a straw, then push on the top. Its going to crimp up at your fingers.

Might be best to just put a stake deep and put boards in front or rig up anything in front to deter the wind some instead.

I would try staking them,then tie down the stakes with @least two ties into the ground. Although you'd be surprised on just how strong the marijuana plant is. They may take 70mph winds with no help. You all take care and stay safe and sane.

Latest posts

Back