I am getting old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up on Angus choice cattle. Man I miss that. Had dad's locker beef till I was 40. I don't do it a lot but i will get a fillet once in a while. I love prime rib for holidays. Hopefully grown organically which costs too darn much.
I think Robert Redford's face is sun damage.

With red meat and any other food, the key word is "Moderation".

LM, my older brother eats just as you do and looks 20 years older than me. We're actually only 1.5 years different. His is caused by excessive sun on his skin and face combined with the amount of booze he drinks. Somebody once asked if he was my Father. THAT really pissed him off.

I've known several vegans who have died with less years than I have.

I've know many exercise fanatics who died way before reaching my age.

Genes, Moderation in everything and LUCK. THAT'S what gets you as old as you can be.

I love red meat, foul, seafood and veggies. I eat all of them in moderation.

"If I'd a knowed I was gonna live this long, I'd a taken better care of myself"

I dunno who said it....

Doesn't matter what ya eat r drink brother.....when it's your time to go it's your time to go.........

I wear some of that as well. Hard work has its rewards, but it occurs in the body after a period of time the price. Some of the morning my fingers were stiff, I want to peck at my reaction type.

the chef said:
Doesn't matter what ya eat r drink brother.....when it's your time to go it's your time to go.........

Do you really believe that your death is predestined from birth or were you just being humorous?

Just curious.

StoneyBud said:
Do you really believe that your death is predestined from birth or were you just being humorous?

Just curious.

I believe it's inevitable......

62 years here and been smoking since the sixties.Stiff joints are the least of my problems.I've already lived twenty years past my expectations.So there you go you all have a lot of years left.

dragnit said:
62 years here and been smoking since the sixties.Stiff joints are the least of my problems.I've already lived twenty years past my expectations.So there you go you all have a lot of years left.

Hey, welcome to MP, dragnit! Keep on outliving everyone! It's the ultimate payback to your enemies.

It's getting to be a drag when I keep hearing about so-and-so dying. Some person I've known for 30-40+ years. I know we all have our end-date, but I gotta start meeting more younger people before I run out of friends. :p

Most of my friends now are in the 35-50 year old range. Most of my friends my own age are people who stay at home mostly. Some of the more crazy of them still work. :eek:

It fascinates me when I hear someone say "I love working. I wouldn't know what to do with my time if I retired". Hahahahaahaha :D

They could come over and watch me rebuild my house! I'm starting to wonder if its EVER going to be finished. :doh: :eek:

I've eaten more than my lifes share of red meat and bacon and now have to watch what I eat. Every day is a celebration of life for me and plan to enjoy every bit of it. I'm thankfull I was able to retire early on dissability because the end may come sooner than later for me. I'm not concerned about the thought as I'm able to do pretty much what I want at the moment.

StoneyBud said:
I gotta start meeting more younger people before I run out of friends. :p

I know what you mean Stoney, but's hard to make new "old friends"...;)

Who was it that said "The older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young!"

EDGY said:

Who was it that said "The older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young!"

Here's a cool story for you! My best friend in High School, way-the-heck-back-then, was a guy named Dan. After High School, we lost track of each other until I was in my mid-20's in the Army and he moved from the east coast to the west coast where I was. We continued to have a blast as friends.

Then I lost contact with him until just 6 months ago. I had joined "FaceBook" to talk to another friend and who the heck shows up and says Hi? Dan again! After many decades, we got along just as good as we did when we were kids. We've spent hours talking about the time missed and catching up. Our lives were remarkably similar.

He in turn, had already found about a half dozen of the "old gang" that he and I hung out with. Now we're all back in contact again.

Weird, huh? Some of the old photos are seriously cracking me up. The hair.....the clothes....hahahahaahahaha OMG!

EDGY said:

I like that quote.

StoneyBud said:
He in turn, had already found about a half dozen of the "old gang" that he and I hung out with. Now we're all back in contact again.

Nice Stoney!!
Sounds like a road trip is in order!!!

Although, I hafta warn you!!!

When you get to be our age, those wife-swappin' parties ain't as fun as they used to be!!:angrywife:

EDGY said:
Nice Stoney!!
Sounds like a road trip is in order!!!

Although, I hafta warn you!!!

When you get to be our age, those wife-swappin' parties ain't as fun as they used to be!!:angrywife:

As soon as I can get away from the house for a long weekend, I plan on heading to Texas to see him. He's still very busy too, so we'll have to plan the visit so we can both relax and yak it up.

Latest posts

Back