I can't figure this out??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R00T BOUND

Reaction score
These are my GDP's, and they are real pale, I can't figure out why, my other 7 plants don't have this problem?

They are in Coco, and on Sensi 2 part - I also give a little boost of Cal-Mag every other feed. I water/ feed @ 5.8-6.0 (Coco) and they are under a 1000k @18/6

Any ideas on what they are wanting? the fan leaves are the worst BUT the whole plant is pale in comparison to the others

DSC_0342.JPG

DSC_0345-1.JPG

DSC_0346-1.JPG

Might have a touch of nute burn. Are the leaves in the 3rd pic brown and dry on the tips?

When my plants get that look its usually at the end of flowering and its because of low Nitrogen, not sure if thats your problem but thats what it looks like to me. Its only an opinion so don't take as gospel!

Phatpharmer

PS I've never grown in Coco so I'm not very knowlegdable when it comes to the Coco

pcduck said:
Might have a touch of nute burn. Are the leaves in the 3rd pic brown and dry on the tips?

Actually, no, the leaves are still pretty pliable and not dry and crispy at all :confused: I am feeding them @ 1100 PPM (still fairly light compared to what the feeding schedule calls for, the others get fed @1200 and they are fine)

Forgot to mention 2 things; they are about 5 weeks old now, and they are
moms

R.O. water too btw....

I'm in coir & use cm+ @ 1ml/gal with every mix/feed. Noticed that if I don't flush /buffer prior to planting, have a few problems during first month. Just an aside.

Are the stems purpling... on the yellow leaf? The bleaching towards a white color looks like Sulfur to me. Just a thought. Apparently Ca & high pH blocks Sulfur, but never had this particular problem, so...?

GL brah.

Yes, they are purple, I am going to boost my C/M, I water @ 5.8 usually. I am guessing it is a "strain thing" as none of my others are this pale. I was going to clone these out anyway, I have too many other strains that don't give me this issue. I just wanted to figure this problem out so, I know the problem, and how to fix it - Thanks for the reply Oregon Bob :)

No worries as just trying to offer insights...

I too run multiple strains simultaneously... eventually weeded out to those that I can run within a range. The odd ball ones that I just can't give up, run by hand d2w, rest recirc. Ya know what i mean?

Best brah!

btw, from seed I see a lot of variation, depending upon strain, so...

Might be getting a clone of this so will follow it if you update. Peace.

It's a deficiency, I have seen pics like that but I can't recall which one. Have to see ... OK. Molybdenum and/or sulphur, probably. Notice the lower leaves are still green, it's the ones near the top that are affected. N deficiency starts at the bottom while K causes spots / chlorosis. It is not Mg because the veins are also pale. Try giving ammonium sulphate - watch out not to guve too much as it is high in N. If that doesn't fix it try a supplement of minerals that includes Mb.

for a Molybdenum def i've read you can foliar spray with a micronute mix. the MO def starts in the middle of the plant and works it way upwards. if it is a MO def, new leaves will destort and twist as it progresses....if it is a MO def. hope that helps.

Here's what I've ever noticed: N, K, P, Ca, Mg, Fe, S.

I don't know if I've ever seen another micro nute def, or at least never been able to distinguish it... tough I would think.

NPK = normal, just hungry usually (maybe pH issues/lockout)
Ca/Mg = can manifest on their own, normal, easily corrected (maybe pH issues, poss lockout due to macros)
Fe = only under stress and/or shitty nutes- chelated eddha best (can be kinda common)
Su = rarely, though occasionally, usually w pH issues and/or lockout, definite sign micro/soil issue

These seem to pretty good general interpretations, for me at least. More can be going & can be complicated, but in general... Just don't think one can identify the specific micros as they don't usually pop up independent of one another except as noticed above.

Curious to get other opinions on the sit's these manifest & how you interpret? Best to all!

Latest posts

Back