I got busted last night yall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roddy said:
Telling ANYONE to beg a cop in to be arrested is purely insane, please don't try to tell me my attitude is a problem for thinking this.

Let's use common sense....please!

:doh: Nevermind Good Luck Sir!

Roddy said:
Telling ANYONE to beg a cop in to be arrested is purely insane, please don't try to tell me my attitude is a problem for thinking this.

Let's use common sense....please!
Roddy did you see this post?

AlkaloidContent said:
Okay fair enough. Maybe I was being a little too symbolic. However running obviously wasnt the greatest idea either. Remember? He did get an extra charge for it. Most likely it will be dropped but the judge will still look at the fact that he obviously knows what the consequences are for his actions and was fully aware of its regulation. Not good for the defense.

So nooffense to you either but I have had extensive experience with court systems. I know you dont know this so Im not trying to be an a-hole but running is the last thing you should ever do when law enforcement is after you.

Invite them in? Okay No. However do go outside and speak calmly to the authorities, they WILL respect you for it.

He was joking....Sometimes it takes a bit to get used to new members sense of humor and the way they post.... keep in mind we can't read inflection. I know I hve posted sarcastic things before thinking everyone will know I am kidding only to find out no did...lol

Our constitutional rights went out the window a while back. Not mj related, actually, no idea how it happened, but a while back was sitting on my computer late night. (Computer is in my front room where peeking through the blinds, you can see through from my front porch). Well it's like midnight, wife and kids are sleeping, I ripped a bowl after the kids went down so I'm golden in a manner of speaking. *POUND POUND POUND* ***?........ *POUND POUND POUND*.... I jump up fling the door open with a baseball bat, cop pulls his gun. (Mind you i'm lit as a mofo). I put the bat down, say "uhh, can i help you?" Cop " can you show me some ID?" Gun still pointed at me. Me " uhh, gimmie a second" Shut the door behind me and he pushes it open, gun on my back as I walk to get my wallet. I show him my ID, address is not this address cause I had moved, tells me to step outside. By this time I was getting pissed. Said why are you pounding on my door, waking my kids, and hassling me? He said an annonymous tip of someone in a hooded sweatshirt lurking out front of this address. I reply, yeah! Me, the edit homeowner having a smoke on my porch! Needless to say, our rights are gone. The cops can do whatever they want. Make our lives miserable, and if they are wrong, find a loophole to make it right.
All that said, talking it out, OUTSIDE, instead of running would have probably went over much better, and Maine would still have his girls. Lesson learned hopefully for all of us.

Hamster Lewis said:
Roddy did you see this post?

He was joking....Sometimes it takes a bit to get used to new members sense of humor and the way they post.... keep in mind we can't read inflection. I know I hve posted sarcastic things before thinking everyone will know I am kidding only to find out no did...lol

Yes, I also read this:

Originally Posted by AlkaloidContent
Its just that kind of attitude that allows you to fall victim to unfair regulation. Stand up man what did you do wrong? Who did you harm? No one dont be so ashamed Sir. Represent yourself and this herb proudly.

May have been a joke, but......

ston-loc said:
Our constitutional rights went out the window a while back. Not mj related, actually, no idea how it happened, but a while back was sitting on my computer late night. (Computer is in my front room where peeking through the blinds, you can see through from my front porch). Well it's like midnight, wife and kids are sleeping, I ripped a bowl after the kids went down so I'm golden in a manner of speaking. *POUND POUND POUND* ***?........ *POUND POUND POUND*.... I jump up fling the door open with a baseball bat, cop pulls his gun. (Mind you i'm lit as a mofo). I put the bat down, say "uhh, can i help you?" Cop " can you show me some ID?" Gun still pointed at me. Me " uhh, gimmie a second" Shut the door behind me and he pushes it open, gun on my back as I walk to get my wallet. I show him my ID, address is not this address cause I had moved, tells me to step outside. By this time I was getting pissed. Said why are you pounding on my door, waking my kids, and hassling me? He said an annonymous tip of someone in a hooded sweatshirt lurking out front of this address. I reply, yeah! Me, the F-ing homeowner having a smoke on my porch! Needless to say, our rights are gone. The cops can do whatever they want. Make our lives miserable, and if they are wrong, find a loophole to make it right.
All that said, talking it out, OUTSIDE, instead of running would have probably went over much better, and Maine would still have his girls. Lesson learned hopefully for all of us.

Hind sight is 20/20!

I'm with Alkaloid on this one. If their at your house because of someone calling about drugs, their probably coming in any way. Why not be polite and cooperative. Show them your not a criminal by not acting like one. Peace to all.

powerplanter said:
I'm with Alkaloid on this one. If their at your house because of someone calling about drugs, their probably coming in any way. Why not be polite and cooperative. Show them your not a criminal by not acting like one. Peace to all.

Thank you and Hamster you as well. I dont mean to just shut off liek that but this convo is slowlyworking its way into a politics convo and its not something that will end well, we all live in different areas with different social and political views on MJ.

The same goes for having it in your vehicle. If you just hide your stuff good and let them do a quick search if they ask they wont go through the extra trouble like they will the second time around, with warrants and dogs. They most likely will just check under the mats, glovebox, under the seats, etc. If you refuse and they get a feeling about you, they will gladly sit in their A/C cruiser waiting for the Judge to grant a quick warrant on some grounds that are totally false to begin with.

The idea behind this type of law enforcement is, while you may not end up in jail, they still end up with the MJ. Get it?

Unfortunately we live in a world where the rules and regulations are overlapping themselves and causing re-structuring, which is failing, and looholes. Dont for one second think that the other side of the law will not use these loopholes to full advantage. After all, we do.

No harm done. :cool:

So the cops showed up at my place earlier to do a random search. I was leaving as the cop was pulling up and I drove off right in front of him not knowing that my license is suspended. I went to the DMV to register my new car and the guy behind the counter told me that my license was suspended so I got it all taken care of. Aparently it has been under suspension for four months and I have had no idea. So when I got home the cop was still there waiting and he ran right up to me and told me my license was suspended and I had to give the whole story how I didnt know and that I just took care of it. This was def the coolest cop Ive ever met. He told me some weed stories, and we laughed about my crazy landlord, and he told me pot is no big deal with the local cops around here as long as its for personal use. I wish I had run into him with my plants and not the other cop. He did a quick search of my place and then left.

I have no faith in my constitution rights when it comes to law enforcement. Once in a while you find a cool cop but the majority of them are on a power trip and looking for any reason to piss on you. If I had left my plants in the closet and not run they still would have come into my place weather they had reason to or not. If my landlord calls the cops and tells them Im growing and dealing, they will be coming into my apartment no matter what you might think. All they have to do is say they smell mj and they can come right in.

maineharvest said:
So the cops showed up at my place earlier to do a random search. I was leaving as the cop was pulling up and I drove off right in front of him not knowing that my license is suspended. I went to the DMV to register my new car and the guy behind the counter told me that my license was suspended so I got it all taken care of. Aparently it has been under suspension for four months and I have had no idea. So when I got home the cop was still there waiting and he ran right up to me and told me my license was suspended and I had to give the whole story how I didnt know and that I just took care of it. This was def the coolest cop Ive ever met. He told me some weed stories, and we laughed about my crazy landlord, and he told me pot is no big deal with the local cops around here as long as its for personal use. I wish I had run into him with my plants and not the other cop. He did a quick search of my place and then left.

This is hilarious because long story short I basically had a local cop tell me the same thing. They really dont personally care as long as your not contributing to the criminal factor in MJ. Such as high profile grows, dealings with gangs to sell, or just plain selling it yourself to the public.

This is why I overlystated about letting them in and calmy explaining yourself. Although going outside and calmly explaining yourself is the best option obviously, but they would have came in, thats when you sand up for yourself and your HUMAN right. Just remain silent is what everyone tells you. Its the best option to take once your incriminated. Before that point just remain calm, dont incriminate yourself. You also do not have to say anything without a lawyer present. Even at your residence. However this resiliency leads them to think your up to something. SO just be yourself. You may have some plants in the closet, but until they see it why freak? Even once they see it, why freak? You can just be silent and let the cuff you and be on your way to processing, or go ahead and when they start asking questions, answer with quick yes and no if you can or let them know right away its for personal use, you use it for X medical condition. Thats it! They still HAVE to take the plants and charge you, its the job they took they have to do it. However when you would have gone to court and the officer told his side of the story, the judge would then see that you are calm as can be about your personal grow, your not a criminal, you dont feel as if your a criminal, so therefore you would have gotten the good ol slappy on the wristy.

Not saying that you wouldnt have had to go through the same minimum sentencing, but remember judges can suspend most if not all that time in exchange for clean drug tests, etc for a specific timeframe.

Now unfortunately you cant state your innocense so well because even you freaked out and cut loose like some sort of criminal. Medical MJ patients (that are recognized as one) dont run, why should we?

Herm said:
No they aren't. Stop repeating that stupid internet myth. That dudes wife was wanted on multiple felony fraud charges it had nothing to do with her outstanding student loans.

I just read the refuted claims this morning but.....several points.
Court of law dictates that both sides of the story must be heard. We cannot say either side is true or false.
does it matter? did they stake out the house prior to jack booting the house?
Did they knock and inform prior to executing the warrant? Did they have any evidence she was there besides a marriage cert? It's the point.

So you're saying fraud is now a violent crime and the offenders are considered armed and dangerous? Fugitive from justice? Direct violent threat against law enforcement? No search for paper work is all they were supposed to go in for. Where was the arrest warrant for this man? Why did he have to be so forcibly detained?

The search allowed for the seizure of any student financial aid documents, W2 forms and electronic communications.

One of Wright's neighbors, a woman who identified herself only as Becky, saw the raid, which started at 6:45 a.m. and lasted until at least 10:45 a.m., she said.
"They surrounded the house; it was like a task force of SWAT team," she told the station. "They all had guns. They dragged him out in his boxer shorts, threw him to the ground and handcuffed him."

source foxnews

Latest posts

Back