I hate week 4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
Man, I hate week 4 of flower. It just sits there and does nothing..sorta like week 2 of veg. Just sits there. I wait and wait and...wait. I know they are gonna explode with growth and the buds are gonna pack on wieght. but man..its killin me. :mad: :p

Well, whatcha gonna do with that week of free time? It's kinda like baseball when you do that 7th inning stretch thing. Stand up, stretch, scratch your butt, pick your nose, and get ready for the best part of the game. A beer and a dog is a good idea too.
What say we eliminate week 4 altogether. Flowering would be week 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9... except for sativas. Makes sense to me.

HAHA, yep sounds good to me.

So does that mean, to go into flowering in the 4th week? I'm at that point right now...

vburton517 said:
So does that mean, to go into flowering in the 4th week? I'm at that point right now...
He was referring to the 4th week of flowering...

You can flower anytime after the plant reaches maturity.

A MJ plant is sexually mature as soon as it develops it's first set of alternating nodes.

Do you understand "alternating nodes"?

caribbean_smoker_20 said:
^^I don't. Can you explain?
Sure.

When a plant is very young, it will grow branches that are positioned exactly across from each other. Like a cross.

When a plant gets to it's sexual maturity, the branches will no longer be across from each other, but will be staggered one on one side, then above it, one on the other side. This is what is known as "alternating nodes"

The "node" is the point at which the branch meets the stem.

Is that more clear?

I understand the 'node' part..so basically it means the branches grow in a different fashion eg> not ( -|- ) ?Can you upload a pic by chance?

I believe there is a "sticky" inthe forums with a picture..

Ok>so i googled and found some good info about AN.Basically instead of growing in pairs and side by side (180 degrees to each other), a new node forms totally opposie or at another angle with one leaf forming rather than a pair

Latest posts

Back