I have a strange looking plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's interesting to know. I am always looking to learn something that I didn't know before. I will try to keep this information for future reference :)

When lights burn the plants the leaves curl upward forming what looks like a taco.

oh I thought it was another word for vagina, :eek:

well my plants have no taco leafs

Is it not possible this plant is a "polyploid"?

I've read that cannabis is a diploid plant but some have changed the plant into a polyploid which I believe means it has four branches at a node instead of two.
Anyone know what I'm talking about? I did a quick search for the article I'm talking about but it's gonna take time

Ha ha found it

Origins of Pink Kush, OG Kush, Chemdawg:

During my research of polyploid cannabis. I have come up with what I believe to be the initial source of this super weed. UBC Professor David Suzuki, doing genetic research (1977), created a polyploid plant (tetraploid) by treating it with colchicine based upon the work of Menzel/Brown and Warmke. This plant was originally a hybrid of Thai (sativa) x Purple Afghani (indica) and was then treated with Colchicine (Autumn Locus bulb). There are certainly other clones that were created by other breeders, especially in Hawaii, but the initial commercial tetraploid was developed in B.C. by the Canadian Government and UBC for Cancer patients. I would estimate that the THC content of polyploids to be well over 30% and maybe up to 40% if grown correctly. Fully grown mother tetraploid plants have been known to sell for $10,000. Clones have been known to sell for $1,000 in the past compared to the standard $5-7 range for diploid clones. Tetraploids are extremely difficult to clone (10-20%) unless special care is taken. The end product is far superior to anything commercially available and even compared to excellent connosseur diploid product due to the doubling of THC.

The resulting F1 hybrid seeds were then grown out and used for cancer patients at UBC. Somebody stole one of the clones that the Canadian Government and David Suzuki had created. It became famous and was then re-created and sold out east as Diesel and as OG Kush on the west coast and as ChemDawg in Colorado. These were all colchicine treated plants based upon their work and the popularity of UBC Chemo.

My understanding is that some clones were stolen. This would make more sense. Diploid and Tetraploid crosses produce Triploids that are infertile due to chromosome mismatch. These are known as "Terminator Seeds" (e.g. Diablos Pink Kush) as customers must buy seeds for each crop due to infertility. The resulting generations of seeds will be diploid. Triploids can be treated again, with Colchicine, to create a Hexaploid. This can be then crossed with a tetraploid or diploid to produce tetraploid plants again.

How To Identify Polyploids:
You can identify a polyploid be mere physical appearance and no need to examine the chromosones. Most people have never grown or smoked these real legendary plants. The gangters rap about OG Kush because they had the money to buy this extremely rare connoisseur product. Most product out there is just "wangsta OG".
Polyploid Traits:
Ducksfoot
Four sets of leaves at the nodes
Stretched (doubled) flowers
Dark green leaves
Double bud sites
Heavy feeder
High water consumption
Thick meristem
Pistil discoloration (pink pistils under black light)
Extreme potency
Vigour and extra growth on first generation

If your plant (OG Kush or Chemo or Pink Kush or Chem Dawg or Master Kush) does not have four sets of leaves at the nodes then it is NOT a true polyploid plant and it not the real deal. UBC Chemo is a polypolid and had four leaf internodes. These tetraploid cuttings have different names but are believed to all be the famous polyploids named OG Kush, Pink Kush, Chemdawg, Diesel, Master Kush etc. These are really heavy feeders due to the double size buds and double the number of leaves and buds and THC glands. This plant is very strange and has a chemical smell to it. UBC Chemo, for example, has a Haze and Kush taste due to the Thai sativa and Afghani indica influences. Polyploid plants are almost twice as strong as diploid plants due to the doubling of THC molecules. These plants are extremely difficult to clone and grow very slowly due to the doubling of leaves unless fed correctly. Water consumption is extremely high. If it only has two leaves then it is a normal diploid and will not have the same effect as the three molecule THC of a polyploid. Three leaves does not necessarily mean it is polyploid as it could be just whorled phyllotaxis (just created by stress, removing leaves and the subsequent regeneration of leaves is deformed). Four leaves does mean polyploid. Triploids, being sterile, must be treated to create hexaploids. These hexapolid can then be used to create seeds that will be polyploids.

WARNING: Colchicine is a extremely toxic alkaloid and is highly poisonous. Long term contact can result in white blood cell anomolies. You cannot smoke a plant that has been treated, post germination, with Colchicine. You can only consume the grown out product of the seeds. You can smoke product that was treated prior to germination. Selective breeding is not genetically modified cannabis. This is genetically modified pot as it was altered at the chromosonal level. Never treat a plant with Colchicine as it will become toxic and will eventually revert to diploid with further treatment. You are changing the molecular structure dynamically and none of the product can be consumed. The correct way is to treat the seeds.

G-13 The story on this is that it was created by the University of Mississippi under the aegis of the infamous Carlton Turner. Apparently this cannot be true as U of M never did genetic engineering. If you Google G-13 you will find it is made by Suzuki. Well David Suzuki did create a GM Genetically Modified plant - Chemo. What letter is the 13th letter of the alphabet? M. So we have G-13 or GM for genetically modified and made by Suzuki. Sounds like an great code name to me. I strongly suspect that G-13 is just the Chemo clone and yet another name for it.

I was offered a cutting of the Chemo plant in Ontario back in the mid 1980's. I had been transferred from B.C. when the recession hit. Several other people from B.C. went to Ontario as well in search of work. We brought out seeds, clones and technology with us. There was a guy who ran a Hydroponics store in Toronto that had the Chemo clone for sale. I cannot remember the price but it was FAR too much money. I did not comprehend the value of this plant at that time and thought he was crazy. Now, after having seen it, I understand.

Famous Tetraploids:
UBC Chemo
OG Kush
Master Kush
Pink Kush
Tetraploid marijuana plants have a real dank smell. It is really obvious when you know what you are looking for. I do not recommend growing these plants out as they take far too long to vegetate and require more attention, food and water than normal diploid plants. They could be used in a Sea of Green method but you are really relying on the genetics and not on proper plant development of hormones for optimal THC production. The resulting product is not nearly as good as a full grown plant but it is not bad for the Sea of Green method which normally produces mediocre marijuana at best. If you want to try some triploid Diablos Pink Kush seeds then check out the Seeds

By BillyBudd

He is a licenced guy in Canada

oksy I did take a look at the nodes and they are thick as my fingers and coming from all over I do not belive that there are four sets coming out at each node but they are coming out from more then normall areas of the stems I will get a pic and post it here in a few so we all can see

here are a couple pics of the plant we are talking about it looks like a perfectly topped plant not like the ones helookslikethor discribes in his post at least not that I can tell whats your opinion from the pics
you can also see how this plant has grown much bigger then the other in the same amount of time it is three and half weeks old

051420131.jpg

051420132.jpg

051420133.jpg

It's probably a male...

The taco happens on the meristems and leaves closest to the light.

I can't even tell what your trying to show on the first two pics... Sorry!

Make sure you get a few cuttings of that plant before you put it into flower. You may have something really special there. :)

trillions of atoms said:
It's probably a male...

The taco happens on the meristems and leaves closest to the light.

I can't even tell what your trying to show on the first two pics... Sorry!

what I was trying to show in the first two pics was the structure of the plants stems growing in may directions basically the artical that shecallshimthor wrote talks about a type of plant that grows somewhat like the one I posted pics of does and supposedly has a very high THC level more than normal plants or what most people consider normal plants, I was hopeing the pictures would show enough of the stem structure to help others see if the plant looks similar to what the artical was talking about. guess I need a better camara

Hushpuppy said:
Make sure you get a few cuttings of that plant before you put it into flower. You may have something really special there. :)

I am already planning on that this one is a pineapple chunk I hope its as good as I am reading about it. I really could use a good high without all the parinoa I am sick and I fell weak my head hurts alot from what I believe is a chemical dependence of another drug I struggled with when younger before I know the effect that mj could give me I have tried a strain I was turned on to at a social gathering it is what helped me realized that the mj is what gives me relief from my symptoms but I have been unable to find that strain again and since I have no Idea what it was I will just have to hope I run into it again. so is you got some good luck toss it this way cause I sure need it

i may be missing something but those plants are in seperate pots, cant you just slide something under the smaller one to lift it up to equal the larger ones height?

:farm: The greenest of grow mojo to you my friend :) I understand what you mean about finding the magic healing from MJ. If you haven't tried it yet, save your trim and smaller buds and make some hash, and then eat the hash rather than smoking it. I have found really great relief of my back pain from eating the hash rather than smoking it. It may take a few tries to find the right strain as I have been trying for over 3 years now and only recently found mine. It seems to be a mixture of plant strains that works best for me so far. Although I love the euphoric and creative high from the Larry OG Kush. :)

Latest posts

Back