I just killed my starters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopper

Reaction score
:eek: Hi all, I just transplanted 4- 12in. with miracle grow garden soil ,a week ago and now their BEYOND dead!:holysheep: ,I never been one to grow anything and now from this site I learned that I should of transplanted them in a 5 gallon container to begin with, I'm learning , I don't won't to keep transplanting sooooo , I should go with the 5 gallon container and potting soil? , I want to try again and start with seeds I kept from the Really good stuff , I know that Really good don't have many seeds , but these arn't that bad either.So anyway , I'm glad to have found this site and to have found friends who can help out . I've been a smoker for over 20yrs. It used to be for pleasure but now it's to stop the chronic pain i have , (I have degenerative disc disease,osteo,rhumatoid arthritis).I started these outside in a planter and will continue this way ,I have no room in the house .

well from what i have learned on this site so far is MG soil is not the soil to use, and 5 gallon buckets r great, that is what i have mine in and they are doing great. Don't give up tho. plant ur other seeds and GOOD LUCK! =)

:welcome: To the best site. Most don't like MG but there are plenty who have very good grows with MG. Don't give up everyone has grows go bad, it's part of nature. Good luck to you and :peace:

Welcome, Just read up on your figure it out. I use MG and its great.

Give yourself every advantage when you are first starting out. Although some here do okay with MG soil, most do not. Buy a soil for MG. I am a hydro grower, but there is plenty of info on good soils here (and MG is not one of them). The problem with MG soil is that it has nutrients already in it. The nutrients are released every time you water--you have no control over the amount of nutes released. And seedlings do not need ANY nutes for 3-4 weeks.

You should also graduate the size pots you transplant to--you want them almost root-bound before you transplant. You do not want a small seedling in a 5 gal bucket, it is hard to provide the right amount of water. A good rule of thumb is 1 gal of soil for every foot in height your plant is.

THG is spot on with the repotting comment.

Here is 1 of my plants just taken out of a 2 pint pot being put into a gallon pot.

:peace:

54.JPG

Latest posts

Back