Impregnating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damnation

Reaction score
Searching the web, i've found stuff about male plants turning females male..

True/False ?

also, i've heard that if the plant is impregnated, and makes seeds its useless

is this true?

cause i want to if i can make my plants make seeds to i have some to grow another set of plants. (i knwo u can clone).

First one is true, second one is false, a male plant is not useless, as you said in your first post, you are high off of seeded bud right now;)

mmmmm....males absolutely 'do not' turn females into anything other than "seeded females".
Seeded bud is usually somewhat less potent than sensi', but certainly not useless.

"Male" plants are very low in thc, nearly worthless as a source to get high.

Hick said:
mmmmm....males absolutely 'do not' turn females into anything other than "seeded females".
Seeded bud is usually somewhat less potent than sensi', but certainly not useless.

"Male" plants are very low in thc, nearly worthless as a source to get high.

Ahhh, answered alot of questions I had with that, silly me, going to have to do alot more reading:eek: . I did not know there was even a difference between a male and a "seeded female", but that explains alot. I was kind of wondering how 'female seeds' were made. Thanks Hick, I still have alot of learning to do.

Elephant Man said:
I was kind of wondering how 'female seeds' were made.

female seeds can be made a couple diff ways EM one is chemical and the other which i choose to use is a FORCED hermi pollen's on my breed'n stock... bit more fore you to read up on like hehe....

I use light to stress a girl into hermie state like if i want only female seeds ;)

grow on

How do you use a light to turn a female hermi?

that is when they have both sex's right, and can u do the same to a dude plant to turn him in a lady?

and i don't mean like homer simson and pushing its boobs together!

Males "never" prduce seeds...just as the male gender in the animal kingdom, they don't posess the right 'equiptment'..;)

"Feminizing" seeds should absolutely be left to only the most experienced breeders with an indepth understanding of genetics. Light stressing a plant to express it's hermie genetics/tendency, Then useing that pollen to pollinate, only serves to "promote" the hermie genetics. "Reversed" pollen should only be used on proven 100% females, with NO hermie tendencies.
By stressing, you/ve proven that the tendency is there...by breeding it into the strain, you've further promoted it following generations.

I think I've posted this a dozenn times,..."Hermies are the greatest threat to the promotion of drug quality MJ, "IMHO". Whenever mj is left to grow ferral, within a few generations, it will revert to hemp. Why?...one belief is because 'early flowering' males and hermophradites dominate the pollination process if not controlled. Once inbedded in the genes, the hermi is very difficult to eliminate, at best.
Leave feminising to the pro's..Please, for the sake of those who have spent years promoting high grade quality MJ.

A few weeks back, we had a member that believed that "all" breeding should be done only by professionals to avoid the promotion of weak, less desirable product. He believed 'only' they possessed the kknowledge, ability and space to grow and select the best possible specimens to further enhance/improve the strain, and that we as "seedmakers" are doing little but degradeing the genetics by makeing random crosses and breeding without an established "selection process".
I won't go THAT far, but there is a thread of truth in his thinking. "I" personally love F1 hybrids. The hybred vigor often produces exceptional plants. BUT..."seedmakers" that think/believe they are makeing a new strain with simple crosses, or even with a cpl generations of back breeding, are probably detrimental to the cause. "I" feel if you're doing it with a selection process in place, and are not "selling" or representing them as a stabalized strain, but as what they are, a "seedmaker" experimenting, there is little harm.

Ok, from what i read, if i get a male, shake it like a mad man (ok maybe not) catch its pollen, i can then sprinkle that onto the females thingies, and volia she is preg. take it, that its abit more than that. well i think i'll just do clones of the females eh?

Also another few questions....

Big bud - theres so many variations on its yeild out on the web, can anyone give me an estimated average yeild of 1 plant please?

White Widow ( & Rhino?) - In england or where i live, people tell each other the reason its called white and is kinda white, is because it contains cocaine, i personally haven't seen any information about this online, but i would love for you experts to quelch that if its not true, my poor gf is afriad of me growing some if i am successful this time round. because she has been told that it contains cocaine.

thanx

Erythroxylum coca plant is the only plant that produces cocaine.

I have no intentions of attempting any kind of breeding at this time. I would definately need to feel in control of growing them first;) . On the other hand, I did what I read was recommended to produce females and now I have 11 of 11. Couldn't be happier, but a few plants more than I need (wish the laws were different, I would send them to someone). Since I probably won't be doing anymore seeds at this time, only clones, I was considering attempting to hermie one of them, just so I could see for myself just what the seed sacs look like during development. I know there are plenty of pics out there, but I still would like to see one up close.

Elephant Man said:
Ahhh, answered alot of questions I had with that, silly me, going to have to do alot more reading:eek: . I did not know there was even a difference between a male and a "seeded female", but that explains alot. I was kind of wondering how 'female seeds' were made. Thanks Hick, I still have alot of learning to do.

Wow, you shocked me. :eek: With your work and what you know I thought you would have known this. Hell, I have learned a few things off you lol. But, yeah... read up. There is a thin line between a hermi and a female with a male flower from what I have read. Some people use a chemical on one of the branches to change it into a male. Not sure how it works but I am guessing through a hormone it changes sex on only a branch. If I was to get seeds, I would hope that at least one of them was male. In that case I would have an endless amount of seeds as long as nothing went wrong. But I would not have the room for cloning. Nor the resources, nor the desire. I couldn't smoke that much to make it worth my while. When I did smoke I pretty much kept to myself. Now if they made it legal I would grow it in hopes that my grandma might be a lil open minded and try it. She has been going through chemo for quite a few years now and is taking a toll... sorry to get into that. :stoned: But, Hick. I can understand completely. You never know who is going to buy a lil bag with one of those abominations in it and deside to grow it, or throw it outside to grow and maybe pollinate someone's crop down the road.:rant: <----I love that lil guy lol.

laylow6988 said:
Wow, you shocked me. :eek: With your work and what you know I thought you would have known this. Hell, I have learned a few things off you lol. But, yeah... read up. There is a thin line between a hermi and a female with a male flower from what I have read. Some people use a chemical on one of the branches to change it into a male. Not sure how it works but I am guessing through a hormone it changes sex on only a branch. If I was to get seeds, I would hope that at least one of them was male. In that case I would have an endless amount of seeds as long as nothing went wrong. But I would not have the room for cloning. Nor the resources, nor the desire. I couldn't smoke that much to make it worth my while. When I did smoke I pretty much kept to myself. Now if they made it legal I would grow it in hopes that my grandma might be a lil open minded and try it. She has been going through chemo for quite a few years now and is taking a toll... sorry to get into that. :stoned: But, Hick. I can understand completely. You never know who is going to buy a lil bag with one of those abominations in it and deside to grow it, or throw it outside to grow and maybe pollinate someone's crop down the road.:rant: <----I love that lil guy lol.

LOL, yeah, I'm honest I am a noob:eek: , only been at this about 7 weeks now:eek: , but being layed out on a back injury gives me lots of time to read and I learn fast. I will probably just use erratic light cycles to try and trip her, if I do. I do not intend to distribute anything.

Elephant Man said:
LOL, yeah, I'm honest I am a noob:eek: , only been at this about 7 weeks now:eek: , but being layed out on a back injury gives me lots of time to read and I learn fast. I will probably just use erratic light cycles to try and trip her, if I do. I do not intend to distribute anything.

Yeah, I don't have too much experience either. I do a lot of reading though. I am overseas so when I am not at work... well... this computer and books are all I have. So I have done a lot of research due to lack of options. I got Mel Frank's Deluxe Marijuana Grower's Guide and Jorge Cervantez's Grower's Bible. I have seen part of the Ultimate Grow DVD on youtube.com. Makes me want to get it. Had some good stuff in there. :ccc:

Latest posts

Back