indoor grow 2009 of a local strain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we were close i'd consider it but there the small mater of the Atlantic ocean between us lol

bah large expanse of water sucks, O well. wanna here something funny? My river quiver plants have 2 distinct smells. Ones like a minty bubble gum the other smells like just skunky mint. Do you think this strain isnt really stabalized? Well Ill have to be careful which one I want to keep the phenos from (bubble gum probably) and bred with another male with the same stink.

Well maybe Ill keep a clone of all the females to set as mothers from my excuss of a breeding program. Just afraid Ill pick the wrong plant and the other one will be better. Who knows maybe Im just to stoned? Do I even make sense? Well will find out in 10 or so days wont we, the stretch scares me.

Yeah can imagine it can be a long drawn out process selectivly breeding in/out the traits you want/dont want.

My power plant seems to have a hint of bubble gum about it now which is nice, thinking of crossing some with Blueberry and trying to shorten the plants natural height while trying to get a nice mix of the 2 flavours.

Never done anything like that before so it would make for some interesting fun.

I'd keep my true PP mother though and work from clones, dont wanna loose genetics totally.

As for ya stretch, dont imagine much you can do yet if you got the light well on em.
I use hps for veg too, i actually use duel spectrum bulbs for veg and flower.
Even at 6 weeks they were still just over a foot and really bushy and thats a sativa dom plant. Wasn't till i flipped 12/12 that all hell broke loose lol.
They are 6 weeks on 12/12 today and are an average height of 4.5ft, luckily they seem to have stopped or at least slowed way down.

for the big ones, 10 for the middle sized ones and 4 for the babys, 3 for the seedlings.

IMG_0341.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

IMG_0349.JPG

IMG_0350.JPG

IMG_0351.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

I think Im going another 10-12 days before I switch just so the babys have time to get a couple of teirs. Im getting some issues with some lower leaves brown spots and drying up, dont know if its N-def or what so I gave the bigger ones some nutes today we'll see if thats the problem or maybe their just dieing off naturally. Any ideas?

And I was wondering if I switch them all over can I still take them outside in may without hurting them, Ive never done the both before.

Is it possible it nute or light burn from getting water on leaves? Might sound daft but i've had it.
Pics would help somone answer better.

If you flip em 12/12 they'll go back into veg when you put em outside i would think

I got that part but what Im wondering if that would cause to much stress and throw balls?

Ill post pics of the problem in a min ok

I get ya, hmm dunno man, guess it might depend on the plants genetics.
If the strain is a little unstable it may i guess BUT theres a lot of people done it with no problems so i'd guess it'd be fine.

From my experience so far which is limited i think a nitrogen deficiency tends to affect the whole leaf or leaves and they go paler green then yellow as gets worse.

I'm not sure at all to be honest my friend, it does seem to look like the tips curled down a bit which combined with the spots i'd probably say too much nutes but i'd be guessing.
Have you checked ph of run off water?

Check through the links in resources see if you can match it.

Are you carefull when you feed/water? I used to get splashes on leaves and i got spots from the water magnifying the light.

Sorry carnt be of more help

no I havent checked my run off but I havent used any nutes untill this hopping its N def and some nutes would clear it up. Well guess Im going to have to post a link in troubled plants area to this page, thx though.

well its pic day people.

12 days 6 days and 4 days(I was wrong about how old the seedlings where.)

second pic is the only plant starting to show presex we will know what she is tommarow or even maybe later today foiler sprayed with epsom salts last night seams to have stoped the sick leaves from progressing. Some of the middle sized plants seam to be getting purple steams (their sativa cross strains I beleive) theyll get some nutes today. Im also going to start with a label process with popsicle sticks to chart their growth and needs to help with a watering regiment.

IMG_0361.JPG

IMG_0362.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

IMG_0364.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0366.JPG

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0369.JPG

IMG_0370.JPG

IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG

purple stems unless genetic is an early warning sign that the plants are running out of nutrients P and or K or the roots are too cold ;)

u need 2 check ph. purp stems is one of 2 things or combo(if not typ of strain). overwatered or ph. im going w/ ph is too acidic. had this same thing happen in 1st grow.

going back & looking @ pics looks as if overwatering is taking place & def ph outta wack. what is ur schedule & amount? whats runoff?

Latest posts

Back