Insane's BnB Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah just tell him it's nice and warm in the grow (a comfortable 75 F throughout the 18 hour day! ;)) and he can stay in there. No buds for him to smoke though so I don't know if he'll be interested anyway hahahaha

Well its not that cold where I live...actually where I live is probably the warmest region in Canada, so that little pygmy just needs to bundle up and toughen up hahahahaha

Anyways people, enough fun and games..News flash..I just recieved a PM from the Creator of BnB himself via the H.E.L.P. forums at noneofyourbusiness.ca, and the message basically said "Those plants will take off and outgrow your space, they will go to 12 feet outdoors and try to reach that indoors, switch to 12/12 yesterday!" So I switched to 12/12. From what I'm hearing, these things are gonna completely take off on me, like nothing I've ever seen, so people, are you ready? lol..

So after 40 days of vegging, switched to 12/12. In the PM, razorback (creator of BnB) also mentioned that he recommends vegging BnB for only two weeks..and I vegged them for 40 days.....(oops!).....This is gonna be interesting.

Stay with me people, this could be one hell of a ride lol..

Sounds like your gonna have one hell of a big garden. Hey whats wrong with that. Those ladies are just gonna have to be tied down.

Yeah it won't be a problem, just more work, but I don't mind doing this kinda work, cause in the end it always pays off ;)

Flowering Day 1

Hey everybody, switched to 12/12 yesterday and already the plants have started to take off..Im very happy with these little babies, still no pre flowers so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. :eek:

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

Thats nice Insane. Starting to look like a jungle in there. Cant wait to see those babies bud. Great pics. Keep them coming.
fing34.gif

I just seen the pygmy insane. I wondered why he stood me up. he is hangin out in your grow. hahahahaha

Day 44 of Growth, Day 5 of Flowering

Hey people, good news. So far it look's like I got one girl, in the pics she's in the back left corner of the grow. At first she just had a tiny little ball I didn't even notice until today I saw a little white hair growing out of that ball. Also, the plants are really taking off, can't wait to see them in a couple more weeks. I'll keep you guys updated :D

PS I know a couple of the pics are kinda blurry, but I took those pics to further illustrate my LST+topping method(s). Hope its helpful! ;)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Looks great Insane. Getting nice and full like a jungle. Great job.

looking great....they all look so happy and lush :D

Hey people, thanks for the kind words ;)

Not really much of an update, just felt like sharin some more pics with you guys. These plants are taking off so fast I simply cannot believe it..I'm moving the lights up a couple inches a day and the plants are keeping pace and then some! Still to early to make any positive IDs, but so far I think I might have one girl and possibly one guy, but like I said, still to early to say with any real certainty.

PS Mutt, that pygmy is one hell of a photographer! hahahahaha

5 (2).jpg

7 (2).jpg

2 (2) (2).jpg

3 (2) (2).jpg

4 (2) (2).jpg

6 (2) (2).jpg

8 (2) (2).jpg

hahaha thanks tbg..after picking out my favorite 'jungle pics' and playing around with them a bit I came up with these :p

1.jpg

2.jpg

Great photography work man. jungle is lookin great.

nice lush green garden...keep up the good work :cool:

Welp Insane, nice to meet ya! I just joined here today and am perusing a few of the membs setups. Heh heh... I hope you have high ceilings.

It is a great argument isn't it? There are some out here who will not smoke 'chem weed'.

Hydro is a very efficient and productive way of growing plants. It adheres to different principles than soil as far as nutrient delivery and I believe if you do it right you can have very pure, very awesome herb. Hydro is less forgiving in some ways and easier to correct in others. If you play it right you will rapidly grow abundant amounts of lamb's bread.

Now, I have sampled herb from some very good soil and 'soilless' growers. The soil stuff was excellent in taste and odor, and better than my hydro (which is no slouch). I felt like my stuff was just the same as far as strength and type of high (hardly scientific I know)

One area I'd like to explore is micro and macronutrients and see how playing with these changes the flavor/odor.

Well I personally love Dutchmaster's ferts. There is no reason not to chemically fert your plants. As long as you follow directions on the bottle, flush for 2 weeks before harvest, the weed still tastes nice and fresh and clean. If you check out Page 1 of this journal is contains my ferting regimen. Thanks for the kind words Zarnon.. The plants can still comfortably double in size without me worrying about space too much, so we'll see what happens! :)

If you're interested in enhancing the odor/flavor, I've heard during the last two weeks of pure water feedings, in the very last watering before the harvest you can add some kind of food extract to your weed, vanilla is very popular/easy.

Hey dude....

Flushing is a worthy topic to talk about sometime. I think soil and hydro are different, and flush 48 hours. For me that's much easier to time and I have not seen a diff in taste etc.

I just check out the leaves and the plant tells me when she is coming to the end of her life (looks like a nit deficiency which it technically is but just part of the plant ending life). Then I dial down the nutes. The easy thing is to overnute at this stage then think u have a 'mag deficiency' lol....

I haven't tried your nutes, but normally if it's really Dutch it probably has all the main nutes a plant needs including the major trace minerals. I was checking out Mineral Matrix and the Canna nutes have all of those minerals as well.

I may add a vanilla-based organic additive to one of my buckets before harvest next time. I am also researching non sugar based additives.

Just checked out your whole grow....

One of the first things I thought when I saw your setup was nah, not enuf lighting... then I perused the pics and had to change my mind LOL...

That's the answer to this one guy's question; 'How do you get them to grow so short and broad leafed?' Part of it is strain with another huge factor being light.

Very nice soil grow. I thought I only caught your seedling schedule. What do you use for veg?

Latest posts

Back