Introduction/Detailed Grow Room Planning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogwi

Reaction score
Hello Hello to you all. So excited to be a part of this community. The knowledge and information this community puts out is outrageous:eek:. I love it. I thank you all so so much. People know me by Mogwi. I have been around here for a while now, reading and reading and reading, and then a little rereading lol, and have finally decided to make my first post.

So i just moved into my new place, and my bed room is huge. Hoping to utilize some of that room to start my own grow. Here i will be describing and going over some the the planning i have been doing.

Dimensions:
Width: 8.25 feet Depth: 3.25 feet Height: 6.50 feet

So with my calculations thats about 174.28 cubic feet of space and about 26.81 square feet of space.

I would like to have about 5000 lumens per square feet.

I would also like to be pushing all air out every minute. So a total of 174.28 cubic feet need to be exiting the room every minute.

Lighting:
600 watt HPS light X 2

That will be giving be a total of 1200 watts. According to the manufacture of the light each bulb will be putting out 90,000 lumens. So that would be a total of 180,000 lumens equaling about 6713.91 lumens per square foot.

------------------------------------------
Ok some pictures of the area i will be using:

I will be using the back part of my bedroom, the depth of the space i will be using will be about 3.25 feet. It will be eventually be enclosed after a little construction has been finished. I will be venting the air from both lights out of this window in the back. I will also be venting the air from the room out this window as well.

This door will be permanently closed and will not be functional.

The back of the room contains a very nifty closet/dresser unit. The doors to the closet's slide back and forth. I was thinking of using these closets as a cloning/mother room. But for now i will just be using the area in front of the closet unit. I will be starting off with one of the auto flowing strains, to minimize the amount of construction i will have to do to split the area into a flowering room and a veg room. That and a lack of funds. I will eventually be splitting the area to grow some of the other strains around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yes yes this is the very beginning of my planning process, i think i am doing fine so far. I will be adding to this at a slow pace so to many of you it will be quite boring, i would like to document the whole process from start to finish, for future reference, troubleshooting, but most of all to share my thought with you and hopefully receiving mucho mucho feedback/questions/suggestion from you guys.

So there will be more to come till then i will be awaiting your question/comments/concerns/anything.
PLEASE review the following link
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Site_Rules.html

Peace and love to you all. Smoke a spliff for me.:tokie:

mogai.jpg

mogwi1.jpg

mogwi2.jpg

mogwi3.jpg

may I suggest you have this moved to the Grow Journal section? just Pm a Mod they will be happy to help..this way you can always go back for refrance without tryN to remmember where you posted the question..just my .2

I have not seen that orange carpet since the 1970's..lol...that looks like a great setup you are working on...do you have cool tubes for the HPS? you will get heat issues with those in that area...and for exhaust get a Vortex..I use that in my grow area and it not only pulls the old air out it helps bring in fresh air from vents at floor level..Hope this helps..Good luck and hope to see you around..KEEP M GREEN

4u2sm0ke said:
may I suggest you have this moved to the Grow Journal section? just Pm a Mod they will be happy to help..this way you can always go back for refrance without tryN to remmember where you posted the question..just my .2

I have not seen that orange carpet since the 1970's..lol...that looks like a great setup you are working on...do you have cool tubes for the HPS? you will get heat issues with those in that area...and for exhaust get a Vortex..I use that in my grow area and it not only pulls the old air out it helps bring in fresh air from vents at floor level..Hope this helps..Good luck and hope to see you around..KEEP M GREEN
Thanks much 4u. lol you like the carpet ? Idk it was here when i moved in, i kinda dig it lol. Does not mater thought it will be covered by B&W sheeting anyway.

Yea i will be using air cooled reflectors. Air will be sucked from outside the grow room (from my actual bed room) threw ducting, threw the sealed reflectors and right out that window in the back. Will use some type of inline fan to do this. What amount of cfm's should i be looking for for the light ventilation, wouldn't have to be to much correct ? No air will be leaking into the reflectors/ducting from the actual grow room, and no air will be leaking out of the reflector/ducting into the actual grow room. It will be a straight shot from outside the grow room threw the ducting over the light and straight out side. Thought this would also help with odor being sucked/leaked through the light ventilation system and pushed outside. Do not want to smell a single thing from outside.

There will also be a ventilation system for the grow room itself. This will be consisting of a hefty fan to be pushing all air in the grow room out of the grow room, right out that back window again, every minute. Will also be using a hefty carbon filter to minimize odor completely. One thing i have not thought much about will be the intake to the room. Not sure if a intake fan will be needed, or if i could just have a passive intake. What do you all think ?

All feedback/question/concerns/anything will be greatly appreciated.

Peace and love to all,
Mogwi:joint4:

DSC00049.JPG

DSC00063.JPG

DSC00069.JPG

DSC00072.JPG

DSC00051.JPG

should be good man, I notice there is a floor vent next to the door...
...There is def. potential there;)

Latest posts

Back