Iron Lotus BAGSEED-CFL's, 2nd Round.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iron Lotus

God Of Thunder
Reaction score
Well, Since all but 1 plant was kept since my first journal, And Ive started 3 new ones, I thought It was time for another journal. I will Include the big one from the first grow, Its been on 11/13 shedule for the past 2 days. So have the little ones, Due to lack of room, and havent made another area for the little ones yet. Its all bagseed, From what I would call pretty good smoke. I havent smoked normally for almost 3 weeks now, When the big (hopefully girl) starts showing sex... Hopefully It will be female and I will be able to smoke her up. I supercropped the big one by pinching the stems, A side note on that plant, Is it almost died with the rest like 3 times but came back and is doing decent!

Dont hate on my grow space, I used the un reflective side. And used big signs that you see at service stations as the walls, no, I didnt steal them. Family member works at one. But They are big, lightweight, and really durable so they were the best thing for my apartment grow so I can take them down easily and fit them in the storage closet. The light fixture is made of the same thing, with wood outline for stability, Completely Low Cost DIY to the bone here. I may have 25$ invested into everything.
20 1750Lumen CFL's

Soil is mix of scotts top soil, and mushroom compost.
And ive been using 10.10.10 MG ferts. I know I know... But
its working for now so I'll keep my fingers crossed, This is like
a big experiment for me to learn from So Hopefully someone
can find enjoyment out of watching this journal. Its about as
cost effective as you can get.. Lets see how it turns out
:48:
:fly:​

edit: Pics coming in next post....

Getting started.......

DSC00374.JPG

DSC00372.JPG

DSC00369.JPG

3rd picture is actually the one that was wilted so badly about a day
ago when I posed in the sick plants section... Doing alright now:D

That first one is a prettttttyyyy thang.. And the 2nd pic, Is a double wammy, Forked off and has 2 main branches it seems.

DSC00366.JPG

DSC00367.JPG

DSC00368.JPG

And heres what they are looking like in their home for now on 11/13
timer.... It is so ghetto... But So lovely to behold for a beginner "grower" like myself..... Feel free to post, Show your support I have a fan blowing on em makin em wave ever so slightly at me as well helping keep the temps down.... I am keeping my fingers crossed!
:48:​

DSC00376.JPG

DSC00377.JPG

DSC00378.JPG

Call it what ya will but it's doing the job. ;) Just look at how bushy that one lady is. :eek: :hubba: Whatever your doing keep it up as the ladies seem to be loving it. ;)

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Looking good IL. :aok: Here's some of that good old GREEN MOJO to give them young ladies a boost. ;)
Much appreciated!!
:smoke1: :watchplant: I will need all I can get!

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Call it what ya will but it's doing the job. ;) Just look at how bushy that one lady is. :eek: :hubba: Whatever your doing keep it up as the ladies seem to be loving it. ;)

:DLets hope they dont have a sudden change in personality like most women!:laugh:
:fly:​

Well..... I think the big boy, is a indeed... a boy. It has the little berry things showing today when the lights came on I did my daily inspection, and There they are, I dont know what they are, but Im pretty sure its not something a female has. So Now I got this big *** plant that I guess I have to just throw away.:confused: Talk about alotta work for dissapointment.

Heres some pics, You can check it out.. Looks to me like they are little pods that would normally have something like seeds in them... So whatcha think, I think they are the plants balls. Which makes me terribly dissapointed.

DSC00384.JPG

DSC00385.JPG

DSC00386.JPG

DSC00397.JPG

DSC00396.JPG

DSC00392.JPG

Well I had big shots, But the site wouldnt let me post them, i will try and get a bigger one and post it in a couple minutes..... stand by....

Yeah, looks like a boy, sorry. Why not collect some pollen, he is a nice specimen it would be a shame to waste his life if you wanted to make some seeds for yourself later.

just try to crop a close up of just the 'balls' if you can :) and yes if you can keep it growing somewhere where it won't affect anything else you have growing then you could collect pollen. I know its always sad when this happens, but don't think of it as a loss, think of what you've learnt from growing it and keeping it alive so far :)

OKay here are some, I just cropped out the area instead of resizing the pic so it stayed big.......... Now you should be able to see it good

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

yea thats better can see them really well, very good shots there! But yes its definately male :( sorry bro

Thorn said:
yea thats better can see them really well, very good shots there! But yes its definately male :( sorry bro

what a bummer. This means no smoke for me for another lonnnggg while:cry:

Well, thats the main grow area, I dont want the plant polinating the area that the other plants will be going in..... I really hate to trash teh plant. All that bushyness and all that... Ah. :ignore: You know how it is:eek:

But Maybe I can put the other 3 under those lights, And germinate a couple good seeds to put under my new mini=fixture I made up a couple days ago for my 3 smaller plants.

Pics: The one in the middle, Seems to be a REALLY strong plant and very even as far as growing, and has a stronger smell than either plant beside it..... Do you think its time for a transplant?:p Lemme know what you think of the 3 babies......
EDIT: Im looking for suggestions on what to do as far as transplanting these 3.
Thinking maybe a bit smaller pot than what the big boy was in, and some different
soil, thats readily available at either Home depot, wal mart, or lowes...

Opinions definatly welcome on that matter, I figure its almost time for them to be moved.

DSC00379.JPG

DSC00380.JPG

DSC00381.JPG

DSC00382.JPG

DSC00383.JPG

that's to bad bro, i feel for ya. GREEN MOJO GREENMOJO THEM OTHER THREE ARE GIRLS

i would stay with the same kind of soil u started in. its not a good idea to change it.

Wiseguy_Chef said:
that's to bad bro, i feel for ya. GREEN MOJO GREENMOJO THEM OTHER THREE ARE GIRLS

i would stay with the same kind of soil u started in. its not a good idea to change it.

Thank you kind sir...... Theres 1 that Im a little skeptical about out of the 3. But theres 1, that smells so good and strong, and is growing symetrically perfect.... I know its some good shiot. If I can keep her alive and doing well I think That will be some killer smoke... And the double whammy... It has a little less of a scent, But it has a scent... The other girl... Well, She is 3rd in line, But hey maybe she will wake up and put some pep in her step, If not the 2 sisters will end up killin her. :D

Big BOY was up-rooted. Got the soil still in the green pot it was in. going to let it simmer for a while until I need it. I thought about taking some of the leaves off of the plant and using them as like natural ferts? Anybody think thats a good Idea?

And so I moved the girls into their new home accordingly.
I suppose within the next week i will transplant to a pot
that is bigger than these, But not as big as the green one
I had the "male" in.

DSC00397.JPG

DSC00398.JPG

DSC00401.JPG

Latest posts

Back