Is my clone normal ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeaceKiller

Reaction score
So this clone is about 3 weeks old from when it was clipped from a California Orange Bud that was 3 weeks into flower. It is healthy and growing very vigorously for 2 weeks now. About 6" tall.

However the last few nodes/sets of leaves to come in are no longer 5 or 7. they are 1 or 2 (it's starting to look like a fern, lol). Also, I have 2 or 3 places where there are pistils.
It has been under 18-6 since it was clipped, no light leaks.
I topped it yesterday.

Are these things normal, or at least common? Should I change the lights to 20-4? Thanks for any info or suggestions.

73.jpg

I have never cloned from a mother in flower.

What age was the mother when you took this clone?

It looks to me as thought some mutation has occurred.

Don't stress yourself or plant, I would leave her on 18/6 at the moment.
She could be reverting to veg growth, you may well have confused the poor little thing.

The best advice I can offer is

In the future try and take your cuttings from healthy Mothers that are at least 2mths old and not yet in flower.

hey friend....keep an eye on them...takeing clones after in flower is tougher and congrats on yours...I think its just converting to VEG from beeing in flower...Stay with 18/6 and use VEG nutes..Give her a week she will turn around..also you may have shocked her by topping her to soon as well..Just my .2 GOOD LUCK my friend

Sounds like its converting back to veg to me. I wouldn't worry about the mutations too much at this point. Just keep her at what you're doing and she should be just fine in a couple weeks. Make sure to keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back