Is this a deficiency?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowinGreen

♥ ςticky icky
Reaction score
This is happening to my AK48 right now, but seems to happen to all my plants later in flower.

This AK has been in flower for 63 days now- so 9 weeks exactly. I have been flushing it for about a week now and plan on harvesting it soon, but I want to see if anyone can tell me what my problem is?

The leaves start getting yellow blotches on them which spreads and eventually turn a brownish color and dry up and die. The tips of the leaves also start curling- look at the pictures.

It is only the fan leaves that seem to do this too. The bud looks fine and all the leaves on the bud are dark green still, but eventually it will happen to all of them.

---

1 006.jpg

1 009.jpg

1 011.jpg

1 016.jpg

Some more info.

I grow in hempy buckets with hydroton medium. I feed everyday. I use the 3 part flora series and have basically been following the Lucas forumla.

I use 8mL micro, 4mL grow, 16mL bloom, and 5-8mL Koolbloom. It doesn't look like nutrient burn.

They are under a 400 HPS, and temps can vary depending on time of day from 80-95. Relative humidity is around 30-40 depending on if it is raining out.

Hi there GG i am not very well informed with hydro grows but i think pencilhead had a grow under similiar circumstances ..not identical but similiar ..I also think that due to the fact that your grow is almost complete the nitrogen is being used up in these leaves and this is why they are dieing ! i you have full colour in the bud and the leaves are dieing off from the bottom up on the plant ..imo you can relax as this happens in most grows ..yet some people prefer to pump the nitrogen into the plant before flowering so as to limit this effect ..i also have noticed that those who do this have very dark green leaves to allow these leaves to survive through flowering yet some still do die off ! peace and chill cos its the norm !

Thanks for the replies- makes me feel better

But do the leaves normally get that dry and brown- like crispy? I always thought when the leaves naturally die they just get lighter in color from all the nutrients being used and then fall off?

Am I wrong here?

A Molybdenum deficient plant will exhibit yellowing necrotic leaves from the tips inward, with necrotic lesions present from the tips inward. A very distinctive feature is that it occurs in the middle of the plant. It also may spread to the rest of the plant if not stopped, eventually killing your plant.
A good Hydroponic nutrient should contain ample micros to get your plant through its lifecycle. This may be somewhat your problem ! Peace and take care !

Latest posts

Back