Is this a polyploid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hick, zipflip and NYC thank for the info it clear up my thinking on polyploid and multi-foliate :peace:
sticky maybe

now i dont feel so...er derr!!! over this fact.
im assumin you was confused as well same as i was ozzy,no?
i feel better now its cleared up tho.

ps have ya seen my freaks yet ozzy. ya gotta check teh pic wit the 7 calyxes on one node.
its in y whorled freaks link in sig. on the last page pic post.
now i mean the one is an absolute freak imo.

My Whorled polyploid is a very trippy plant. It started with the 3 pod leafs, then had 3 single starter leafs. Now it has the next set of leaves and they are round like a rose bush leaf. Pics shortly!

Here she is. The other day I looked and the top new set of leaves was all curled up and so I looked into it, and a worm flopped out! That tiny sucker was fast, but I squeeshed the life outa him. Anyhoo, the plant looks cool.

hot.jpg

i think your just as misinformed as we were on the whole whorled thing sherwood
thats wat our discussion on the page before this one. that they actually called whorled tri-foliates or tetra-foliates(four) i got a 2 tri's and 1 tetra both bout 4 wks into flowr right now.
i believe the term polyploid is used to define a chemically induced whorled plant rather than the freak of nature like we here all have. lol
i was confused for longest time too tho. but just thought id clead itup for ya. :)
im anxious to seee how yours turns out. so many say they all mostly males but all three my whorled plants are female. only one popped a couple balls but pulled em off an since then none have returned that i have noticed anyway. (knock on wood) lol
good luck wit yours man.
you gonna keep tabs on it in ya journal aswell?

Lol I got here too late, Hick beat me to it... Its a Trifoliate not polypliod... :) Trifoliates are almost allways MALE!! I have seen some trifoliate females, if you get one that is female save it for a mother... Its a rare plant!!

if you get one that is female save it for a mother... Its a rare plant!!
well i got 2 tri's that are female. one went herm onme an i pulled its bags off(only 2 on the whoel girl) and none come back so far. and i also got a tetra(4) foliate as well thats a female and to me wat i can see is that this tetra is loaded wit trichs compared to any my other tri's or normal girls by far.
my 2 tri's aint relly nothin to write home bout tho imo. they a lil wimpy lookin in the buds to ay the least really. and teh one that went herm on me it has hardly any trich production that i can see compared to any the other plants as well.
now if my tetra lives on an stays female i may consider reveggin her for a mom. either way im a reveg one of the bunch for a mom. i got my eyes ona particular normal female tho as well. shes a beast in my eyes. lol

zipflip said:
well i got 2 tri's that are female. one went herm onme an i pulled its bags off(only 2 on the whoel girl) and none come back so far. and i also got a tetra(4) foliate as well thats a female and to me wat i can see is that this tetra is loaded wit trichs compared to any my other tri's or normal girls by far.
my 2 tri's aint relly nothin to write home bout tho imo. they a lil wimpy lookin in the buds to ay the least really. and teh one that went herm on me it has hardly any trich production that i can see compared to any the other plants as well.
now if my tetra lives on an stays female i may consider reveggin her for a mom. either way im a reveg one of the bunch for a mom. i got my eyes ona particular normal female tho as well. shes a beast in my eyes. lol

What strain is this again? I have a buddy who mass produces white widow with his huge trifoliate WW mother... He has bred some strains that had trifoliate tendencies but as usual they are almost all male... Try using them for thier genetics, if you unlock the secret to female trifoliate plants you would be a legend amongst breeder worldwide LOL... BTW this dude is super stingy with clones, Ive been begging him for over a year LOL...

im not sure wat strain as i got the seeds form a buddy who gets his smoke from someone in another city who grows larger scale. but from wat ive seen from other people grows wit white widow etc especially smokeybears girls. i wouldnt doubt they WW tho. they look identical in every which way. stature shape form etc everythin.
buti called my buddy up last nite and he said he gonna ask his guy wat strain it was he got the seeds form. i told my buddy next time he gets bud to ask wat strain it is before he goes givin me beans. i get all the seed i want for free. just only i dont really know wat tey are. but he said he gonna find out. but im bettin money on it they WW tho. but who knows.
Try using them for thier genetics, if you unlock the secret to female trifoliate plants you would be a legend amongst breeder worldwide LOL...
you talkin for breeding(pollinating)?
i tarted to save a male aside for pollen to do justthis but i gave up on it all an trashed him. lol. i wish my skillz were more apt tho now. cuz he was a big beutiful male at that for sure.
bt unlocking the secret to trifoliate gen's... ? i wouldnt have the slightest clue where to begin on that one.
i almost dont feel worthy to have these girls now. as they'd prolly be more beneficial to someone else who knows wat they doin tho for sure.
but who knows im prolly gonna reveg the tetra(4leaf foliate ) one and tha one plain female thats a big girl of the bunch. butlike i said thetri's really aint nothin to write home about. mine anyway i mean. they really wimpy in the buds as well as their form even. but still none the less they puttinout buds tho. :)
so wat benefit ya think i can use these girl to?
heck if i knew you an you was here id say come over when i reveg them and give em a haircut. as you'd prolly know better how to use it to its potential.
like i said i dont feel worthy to be carryin these girls now. LOL as im still new to growin yet.

PS- there pix of them in my thread in my signature "my whorled freaks" if ya curious in checkin em out..
i just got my cam back from borrowin it to a friend so im a prolly put up sum more pix of em tonite.
and hey mindzeye, if ya know of any info on all these tri/tetra foliates an genetic etc please give me a heads up. the only thing i ever find is teh section in clarkes matijuana botany. i aiint findin much more info on em anywhere.
thanks

MindzEye said:
What strain is this again? I have a buddy who mass produces white widow with his huge trifoliate WW mother... He has bred some strains that had trifoliate tendencies but as usual they are almost all male... Try using them for thier genetics, if you unlock the secret to female trifoliate plants you would be a legend amongst breeder worldwide LOL... BTW this dude is super stingy with clones, Ive been begging him for over a year LOL...

I have a Kaya feminized plant outdoor right now that's whorled. Are you saying that you can increase the occurence of this by using it to breed? Since kaya is a medium thc strain bred to be left somewhere, would it be beneficail to f1 it with a more potent strain, or just clone the piss out of it next year?

Latest posts

Back