is this to tight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
warfish said:
The people in front of you repeatedly suggested that you give your plants much more room, shrug. Not sure what your talking about anymore at all, I honestly think your just frustrated at this point.

no not really, Im stoned, frustrated is when your in Somalia, its 110 degrees in the shade, and your wearing full gear, with 10 year old kids waiving ak47's in your direction (not serious seeds or lowryder ak47's, more like the ones that send 7.62 mm pieces of steel at you at a high rate of speed), and being told not to lay down fire, until being shot at, thats frustration

No people cant imagine why Im growing in 8 inch centers

LOL...I guess thats what I get for trying to help, I wasn't trying to tick you off dude...just trying to answer the questions you asked...and explain why people might get frustrated...knock yourself out man...by the way I was in Somalia in 93..I know exactly what your talkin about

I'm through with answering any questions you may have...you aren't looking for answers your looking for someone to cosign your lame ideas...sounds to me like someone needs to take their meds. Good Bye, God Bless

legalize_freedom said:
LOL...I guess thats what I get for trying to help, I wasn't trying to tick you off dude...just trying to answer the questions you asked...and explain why people might get frustrated...knock yourself out man...by the way I was in Somalia in 93..I know exactly what your talkin about

I'm through with answering any questions you may have...you aren't looking for answers your looking for someone to cosign your lame ideas...sounds to me like someone needs to take their meds. Good Bye, God Bless

hmmm? trying to help? would that be help in the form of telling me I need meds? lame ideas? I guess sog is a lame idea? You didnt tick me off hambone, it takes alot to get me ticked off. Why yes, I am looking for answers, but Im being told to take meds, that didnt quit answer my plant finishing diameter question. who were you with in 93? 1st CEB Alpha Company errrrrr! San Mateo
Sounds like someone needs to hit the rack, night night
Good bye, God bless you, and thanks for stopping by.

the only reason I said any of these things about takeing your meds etc, is because of the attitude you gave me and other members of this forum, for trying to help you...trying to grow sea of green in an 8"x8" =lame...night night...remf

legalize_freedom said:
the only reason I said any of these things about takeing your meds etc, is because of the attitude you gave me and other members of this forum, for trying to help you...trying to grow sea of green in an 8"x8" =lame...night night...remf

why is it lame? they will be trimmed back to a 8" diameter, just going for budsicles here! by the way thanks for the support!
attitude, no attitude, just defending myself when people tell me to take meds, attitude would be were you get seeds. trying to help me? is your help in the form of saying my question is lame?

maybe your help was this,(in your own words), "maybe you should listen to whoever told you to go read some more". Now that was some serious help, in fact, I bet if you looked up help in the dictionary, it would say, go read some more!

were you in the suck or were you a dog?
night night dont let the bed bugs bite

devilfrog said:
more sites does equal more yield, provided they got the room to grow, get light, and air, that is why I started the thread, I am trying to determine how many 1 gal bags I can squeeze under a 400, in a sog, and still have those 3 elements!

You have answered your own question here. "Provided they got the room to grow, get light, and air..."

You will not have these elements in the conditions you describe. Whether you want to believe or imagine it or not.

devilfrog said:
40"x40" equals 3ft 4inchs x 3ft 4inchs, I am sure that a 400w will light that up nicely, and I wont be asking to much from one bulb, as I said allready, I will rotate the perimeter plants with the inside plants, every so often.

And I am sure it won't. 40" x 40" equals just over 11 square feet. And while a 400 watt hps can put out an initial 50,000 lumens, it is still insufficient to light your space (research "inverse square law"). I am speaking from first hand experience, not conjecture or supposition. You will simply not be able to get your light close enough to provide adequate lumens for maximum growth. Again, I am not imagining this- it is from first hand experience.

I attempted to do what you are doing with some differences. I did it in 10 square feet under 2-400 watt bulbs with 10 clones that were initially about 8" when cut (larger than yours, but not really in footprint). They rooted in 10 days. I vegged them for a little over 2 weeks. This pic is at about 4 weeks flower and is just under 1 square foot in space- I could not have fit any more plants in my space and still have allowed for effective air flow. Passive air intake at the bottom, ducted (outside grow room) fan driven intake at canopy. 2 exhausts, 1 at canopy, 1 at lights. Final harvest yield was under .4 gram per watt. Not my best effort but about as much as I could hope for under the conditions provided. More plants would not have yielded any more final weight.

View attachment 146811

Bottom line Devilfrog- you can absolutely fit 25 plants in 11 square feet under a 400 watt light. And that sounds like that is exactly what you are going to do. So just do it.

The membership here, while we all may do a little bragging now and then, really has no other motivation than to try and help by sharing our experiences. I will not try to offer you advice. Some very talented, respected, and experienced growers have already offered you suggestions and insight.

Do your grow, post your results, and prove them wrong. Good luck to you.

devilfrog said:
uggggh......
bbfan, more sites does equal more yield, provided they got the room to grow, get light, and air, that is why I started the thread, I am trying to determine how many 1 gal bags I can squeeze under a 400, in a sog, and still have those 3 elements!

You are simply wrong. Your light and space is going to produce x number of grams. Throwing more plants in there WILL NOT increase your yield.

People are irritated with you because you ask advise, you get the same answer from a number of experienced growers and you argue. Go ahead, do it your way. But do not come in here asking newby questions, argue with experienced growers, and not expect to irritate some. You are acting like a 12 year old.

devilfrog said:
I dont think you have to be an ACE to grow, I had no knowledge, and was able to grow a pretty healthy donor plant with no problem!

Compared to what?

Listen:

Plants TRIPLE in size, thats if your lucky they dont quadruple.
If you cram that many plants into a small spacde you are asking for the following problems; Mold, Bugs, ugly plants and loss of canopy control.

If your room is tiny, andf you only have 1 400, I would pernonally grow 6 plants, in 3 gallon squares.

If your room is overcrowded and under regulated, meaning without supplimental co2 (A sysyem, not dry ice or yeast) your plants are going to stretch right up to your lights.

More plants DO NOT mean more yeilds.
I have managed to cover a 13' x 13' with 24 plants.

....used to cram 54 in that space and I get more now than before.

Class dismissed.

The Effen Gee said:
Compared to what?

Listen:

If you cram that many plants into a small spacde you are asking for the following problems; Mold, Bugs, ugly plants and loss of canopy control.

If your room is tiny, andf you only have 1 400, I would pernonally grow 6 plants, in 3 gallon squares.

If your room is overcrowded and under regulated, meaning without supplimental co2 (A sysyem, not dry ice or yeast) your plants are going to stretch right up to your lights.

Class dismissed.

i have to agree, what im working with in a 3x3 with only a 400watt. its alittle cramped and a 600 would of been better but i would have to recommend that too. or you could go with 4, 5 gallon plants in there for good results. more plants dont mean better yelids and rather have 2 great plants than 15 small ones

BBFan said:
You have answered your own question here. "Provided they got the room to grow, get light, and air..."

:eek: No didnt answer the question friend, because if you go back and read, the question is 8"x8" to tight? meaning will they have those three elements in that area. see how that works, coloring books can be fun!

You will not have these elements in the conditions you describe. Whether you want to believe or imagine it or not.

:eek: Well.......... I guess, I cant imagine that!

And I am sure it won't. 40" x 40" equals just over 11 square feet. And while a 400 watt hps can put out an initial 50,000 lumens, it is still insufficient to light your space (research "inverse square law"). I am speaking from first hand experience, not conjecture or supposition. You will simply not be able to get your light close enough to provide adequate lumens for maximum growth. Again, I am not imagining this- it is from first hand experience.

:eek: Maybe if you did imagine it, you would have achieved

:eek: Thats great about the inverse law stuff, you should build rockets! 40" is a whole 2" more a side for the highly sugggested 3x3 per 400 w, did I say an extra 2" per side? I bet that the plants on those outside 2 inchs are going to suffer because on inverse sq law

I attempted to do what you are doing with some differences. I did it in 10 square feet under 2-400 watt bulbs with 10 clones that were initially about 8" when cut (larger than yours, but not really in footprint). They rooted in 10 days. I vegged them for a little over 2 weeks. This pic is at about 4 weeks flower and is just under 1 square foot in space- I could not have fit any more plants in my space and still have allowed for effective air flow. Passive air intake at the bottom, ducted (outside grow room) fan driven intake at canopy. 2 exhausts, 1 at canopy, 1 at lights. Final harvest yield was under .4 gram per watt. Not my best effort but about as much as I could hope for under the conditions provided. More plants would not have yielded any more final weight.

:eek: Maybe you didnt have the weight, because they vegged up to thick, before flower, due to the extra lumens? Did you prune them at all?

View attachment 146811

Bottom line Devilfrog- you can absolutely fit 25 plants in 11 square feet under a 400 watt light. And that sounds like that is exactly what you are going to do. So just do it.

:eek: Ok will do!

The membership here, while we all may do a little bragging now and then, really has no other motivation than to try and help by sharing our experiences. I will not try to offer you advice. Some very talented, respected, and experienced growers have already offered you suggestions and insight.

Do your grow, post your results, and prove them wrong. Good luck to you.

:eek: why thank you

The Hemp Goddess said:
You are simply wrong. Your light and space is going to produce x number of grams. Throwing more plants in there WILL NOT increase your yield.

People are irritated with you because you ask advise, you get the same answer from a number of experienced growers and you argue. Go ahead, do it your way. But do not come in here asking newby questions, argue with experienced growers, and not expect to irritate some. You are acting like a 12 year old.

:eek: ahhh..... I imagine it will, see one plant that is 1 ft tall, makes x amount of weight, add 1 more plant and it becomes x + x2 = more weight!
Imagine that!
acting like a 12 year old? is that like coming in my post and telling me to do it your way, and if I dont I wont succeed? or would it just be calling someone juvenille, because they dont agree with you! Dont care if people are irritated, as I have said before, you no likey me's post, then no comma in! See how that works sweetheart!
thanks for stopping by, and it seems your the 12 year old for resorting to personal insults.
God bless

The Effen Gee said:
Compared to what?

Listen:

:eek: So now I got someone telling me to grow with c02 or it wont work. Come on, get real

Class dismissed.
Classs not dismissed, just because you dont like what I have to say, doesnt mean you have to resort to calling me a young man, seeing how you dont know my age, I think it only extenuates your ignorance.
For another time! Im doing a SOG! so yes more plants do equal more yield!

Now I hear the bell!

PuffinNugs said:
i have to agree, what im working with in a 3x3 with only a 400watt. its alittle cramped and a 600 would of been better but i would have to recommend that too. or you could go with 4, 5 gallon plants in there for good results. more plants dont mean better yelids and rather have 2 great plants than 15 small ones

ok I will do a sog with 10 gal pots, are u kidding?

Well, at least your child like ways are keeping me entertained for now. Thank you, devilfrog.

devilfrog said:
:eek: ahhh..... I imagine it will, see one plant that is 1 ft tall, makes x amount of weight, add 1 more plant and it becomes x + x2 = more weight!
Imagine that!
acting like a 12 year old? is that like coming in my post and telling me to do it your way, and if I dont I wont succeed? or would it just be calling someone juvenille, because they dont agree with you! Dont care if people are irritated, as I have said before, you no likey me's post, then no comma in! See how that works sweetheart!
thanks for stopping by, and it seems your the 12 year old
God bless

Devil.

Read this really really well.

If you enter another persons home would you talk like this?

If you do then you will know what a boot up your ash feels like as you hit the road.

You just seriously insulted a MOD, they are guardians of this arena we as guests play in.

That is really wrong.

You have a serious attitude problem, you have to sort yourself out before growing MJ becuase MJ is not the cure for what you have eating you inside.

I hope you find what is eluding you.

:peace:

LMAO, nice rep Devil. I never knew the red bars could up as high as the green bars!

devilfrog said:
ok I will do a sog with 10 gal pots, are u kidding?

when did i say to do sog, or use 10 gallon pots. i just recommended what i know from first hand experiance would work. 6 smaller 3 gallon plants, or 4 larger, 5 gallon plants

why did you come here for help if all your going to do is disagree with everything people are telling you. just go away and do it your own way, why even come here if your just going to ignore the advice and do it anyways. makes no sense to me

and also more plants DO NOT MEAN MORE YIELD
you could grow 50 plants like this but not even come close to a normal sized plant. but since you have 50 of them itll be all good

I realized last night that this man, acting like a child, wanted nothing more than for some one to give him an "atta boy". when he didn't get what he wanted he threw his little temper tantrum...do like we do with the other children and leave him to his fit, and hopefully he will go away to play with all of his little pint sized plants. He won't last long on this site with an attitude of a 4 yr old. If he doesn't grow up soon, I'm sure one of the MODS will give him the boot. Save your breath with this one he already seems to think he knows better than all of us. Puff it amazes me to why someone comes on here and asks a question, and then cries like a baby when he doesn't hear what he wants...unfortunately it happens quite a bit. Ignore him and maybe he will pick up his toys and go home.

warfish said:
Well, at least your child like ways are keeping me entertained for now. Thank you, devilfrog.

Please show me where I am being childlike, it seems going against the grain, labels one child like. Thats intelligent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back