is this to tight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
devilfrog said:
no you misunderstood, I told you thanks, and that I weighed your words of wisdom, the insults are from other people here, I hope that clears it up

i didnt think your directing it right at at me.. the others i dont see anything to harsh.. some people get a lil testy after they have explained the same tthing over a million times and always have to argue the situation..
you also have to look at the advisers side... thousands of people day in and day out .. and alot of them arguing situations such as yourselfs..
personally i would cut em back and grow em bigger.. it will be much easier to deal with.. less to take off a mother and less mother to have around.. to do it by the book you should only take 1/3 of the tops of your mom when cloning.. so if your taking 25+ at a time you have to have alot of moms or alot of tops.. when i first came to the site i was as well doin small sog style and about 15 plants when i should have been growing 8.. alos my max height for them was 15" bcuz i got greedy and laid the box down.. when i could have stood it up grew 2-3 and had the same out come if not better.. its my stubberness that hurt me when i started..
LH

thank you for your insight, we will be doing 8" diameter columnar sog grows, from here on out, and we are very very excited, to get cramming!

because.... you can do magic, if your heart desires, you know darn well, how to cast your spell, you can do magic!

yes green mojo for you all as we pull up a chair and stroky stroky

see below for pint sized plants

t3.jpg

24_24_gumbolt3_interior.jpg

I like the structure of the plants very much...as much as you may want too later on DONT CUT THE FAN LEAVES OFF...seen it done, done it myself, not a good idea; just tie them aside a little if you even have to at all. Good luck man, I wanna see if you can pull it off.

My understanding is that you aren't so much looking for yield but more so doing it just to see if you can pull it off. People grow all kinds of things in so many different ways. Just have fun and grow your own smoke and enjoy life. Any technical questions along the way you can find tons of information on here or anywhere online.

godspeedsuckah said:
I like the structure of the plants very much...as much as you may want too later on DONT CUT THE FAN LEAVES OFF...seen it done, done it myself, not a good idea; just tie them aside a little if you even have to at all. Good luck man, I wanna see if you can pull it off.

My understanding is that you aren't so much looking for yield but more so doing it just to see if you can pull it off. People grow all kinds of things in so many different ways. Just have fun and grow your own smoke and enjoy life. Any technical questions along the way you can find tons of information on here or anywhere online.

Bravo! yes im bored and want to see if we can pull it off. You have been very helpful, we have decided on the batten down the hatches approach, that you suggested which was tieing them off.

I cant wait to be successful, thanks for the help.
Cramming her down

LEFTHAND said:
i didnt think your directing it right at at me.. the others i dont see anything to harsh.. some people get a lil testy after they have explained the same tthing over a million times and always have to argue the situation..
you also have to look at the advisers side... thousands of people day in and day out .. and alot of them arguing situations such as yourselfs..
personally i would cut em back and grow em bigger.. it will be much easier to deal with.. less to take off a mother and less mother to have around.. to do it by the book you should only take 1/3 of the tops of your mom when cloning.. so if your taking 25+ at a time you have to have alot of moms or alot of tops.. when i first came to the site i was as well doin small sog style and about 15 plants when i should have been growing 8.. alos my max height for them was 15" bcuz i got greedy and laid the box down.. when i could have stood it up grew 2-3 and had the same out come if not better.. its my stubberness that hurt me when i started..
LH

you didnt see anything to harsh? hmmmmm? Im a 4 year old, a 12 year old, just leave, take meds, have an attitude, deserve a boot in the rear, and should be banned. No not harsh, just b.s. oh dont forget the ever so present red bars! those hurt the most

devilfrog said:
you didnt see anything to harsh? hmmmmm? Im a 4 year old, a 12 year old, just leave, take meds, have an attitude, deserve a boot in the rear, and should be banned. No not harsh, just b.s. oh dont forget the ever so present red bars! those hurt the most[/quote

dont take that up with me lol.. (not to sound rude)
i will be the 1st to tell you it can be done.. but..lol i love the buts...
its a waste of time.. your trying cant change what science has proved.. like 1 plant per sqft.. give it a go .. what the hey... but your yeild from all dem will be the same if not less if you were to grow em big and fewer.. just my thoughts..
like i said b4... its not haw many you have its how you do it.. i got 6oz this go about with 8 plants im gonna get 10oz with 6 plants next time..
well im shooting for lol;) .....
we will see.. if your around you will see as well....
take care
LH

Lefthand,
not to be rude, but that is what a sog is, more, smaller plants, grown with less time in between yields. Thats why we arent growing fewer taller plants that take longer to veg. The mature plant is allready established, it is the stock,donor,mother plant.
as far as science goes, people used to think the world was flat, and then the earth was the center of the universe
good luck, thanks for checkin in

devilfrog said:
ok, what did you eat for breakfast? I will be sure to eat that too. This is comical, I have directed people from other forums to this post, and they agree that mp has a click of people in it, that like to stroke each others fragile egos, and as soon as you disagree with the borg, you go on the red bar, insults, and threats of being banned list. What a joke

...ok.

but I am still correct.
I was only trying to "Help" you see the error of your ways by letting you know I have tried it before and guess what...it is less efficient.

Many others have tried it too, the pioneering days of indoor are almost over. Especially how many plants per sq ft depending on the light.

You have 400's. Weak lighting in my opinion.
You have a small, cramed grow space you want to fill with plants.
How will they get co2? Water?
How do you expect to get more than a pound (if your really good) off one light?

I can assure you, I am part of NO mp click. Just ask.
I can also assure you I left you no negative rep. I care not of rep.

I DO care about folks like yourself jumping on the internet and spreading false information, this buddy I cannot ignore.

Call it jumping on the bandwagon if you will, but you are still so very wrong.

Do some more homework, get a few more grows then come in here and agrue with the.....yup I'll say it....big dog's.

The Effen Gee said:
...ok.

but I am still correct.
I was only trying to "Help" you see the error of your ways by letting you know I have tried it before and guess what...it is less efficient.

Many others have tried it too, the pioneering days of indoor are almost over. Especially how many plants per sq ft depending on the light.

You have 400's. Weak lighting in my opinion.
You have a small, cramed grow space you want to fill with plants.
How will they get co2? Water?
How do you expect to get more than a pound (if your really good) off one light?

I can assure you, I am part of NO mp click. Just ask.
I can also assure you I left you no negative rep. I care not of rep.

I DO care about folks like yourself jumping on the internet and spreading false information, this buddy I cannot ignore.

Call it jumping on the bandwagon if you will, but you are still so very wrong.

Do some more homework, get a few more grows then come in here and agrue with the.....yup I'll say it....big dog's.

Gee,
Im doing a sog, how can it be less efficient, Ill be turning buds more often with less veg time, I think that equals more efficient. I need more plants, crammed in my weak 400 space, due to the nature of smaller plants. A 400 will work just fine, I dont have 400's as you mentioned, just one. would you prefer I use a 1000 for that space, well I dont want to. You think its weak, I dont, oh well. The plants will get the co2 thats naturally occurring in the air, last time I looked outside, the crammed up bushes around the park didnt have co2 bottles next to them. The water, well, it comes from a RO machine up the street, I put a quarter in the machine, and the water squirts out in to my jug, I take the jug home, and then pour the water on the plants. I never said that I was going to get a pound, please show me where I said that? I dont care of rep either, and dont care if you did leave a nasty gram or whatever it is, but I do appreciate you saying that you didnt. Im glad your not part of a click, Im really proud of you for that, and no, I dont care to ask around if someone I dont even know is part of some cyber thing. Jumping on the internet and spreading false information? Where did that happen? I just asked a question, and then stated what I was doing under the guidance of others input, I guess spreading false information can go on the list now, with boot in the rear, and the others. Why am I wrong? because I want to push the limits on space? Sir, I dont think that makes me wrong at all, but if you think so, oh well, and congradulations, we all have an opinion dont we. Ahhh, I did do my homework, everything has been researched up to this point, or atleast as much as I could find and read. Just waiting for the cuttings to take so that 25 of them can go under a 400w. I do plan on getting some more grows in the future, thanks for the advise! However, I have no plans of coming back and arguing with anyone, I could turn 10 lbs (all thou highly unlikey) and wouldnt care anymore or less if I turned 1/4 lb. My point is that if I do succeed, Im not the type of person to rub it in anyones face, and secondly I dont base my personal value to myself on how much grass I can grow. At the end of the day who cares, right! Your comment of coming back and arguing, has really defined the tone of this whole thread, in my opinion, that its just a pissing match. I dont want to agree with someones opinion, with respect, and it turns into a one sided name calling game. Do you see my point, you think I want to argue, when all I wanted to know was is a 8"x8" area to tight for a sog. The funny thing is, 2 members gave me the direction, I want to take, on the first page of this thread! Everything else there after has pretty much been cannon fodder with the mentality of, how did you say it, come in here and agrue with the.....yup I'll say it....big dog's. That is a really poor statement, and only further validates my point, of get on board with the click or get punished. However if I do as I am told then everything is copeisatic, right? Well not to be rude, but there was a society that functioned under those same principles, it was called the third reich, and it was controlled by a group of people called the nazi's.
Before I go, let me leave you with this, just because you failed, then Im bound too also? That is not at all a logical thought.
take care
God Bless and keep your chin up, it will get better
But if it will make you feel better, as you are clearly aggitated, would you like me to say your right? Will you be at ease then?

Its early, but worst thread of the year nominee? :confused:

The amount of emotional energy being expended here is insane, stop the nonsense, let the thread shrivel up and die already.

Tact said:
Its early, but worst thread of the year nominee? :confused:

The amount of emotional energy being expended here is insane, stop the nonsense, let the thread shrivel up and die already.

Amen, especially seeing how its been answered on the first page! However, I am sorry you feel my thread is too emotional, as there is nothing I can do, but accept the fact that people must resort to calling me silly names and execute public displays of discontent with hopes that I will be receiving shoes in my rear, and the such. However, I do believe these negative gestures will all make me a better gardener, dont you? I appreciate you not caring for the thread, as I have developed a distain for it myself, but to say it should go away? The only thing I can think to say is..... pull up a chair somewhere and get some green mojo.
I also want to take the time to apologize that I dont have a couple auto grows with a cfl, in my moms closet, to qualify me for Master Grower Badge, or was it big dawg status? Perhaps if I was growing some lanky, sickly plants in my bathroom, and kissing everyones backside, then my thread would be acceptable for you?
By the way, Fear & Loathing, is like my favorite movie
thanks for stopping by, as I dont expect to hear from you again, as you dont like the thread

In the words of Hunter S. Peace, Pot, and Microdot

The Effen Gee said:

He is correct about this devilfrog, but you do already know that. Since you just wanna do the grow for the hell of it and don't care about efficiency than just have fun and learn as much as you can with each grow.

Hello MP Growers. Sorry to butt in on this thread, but I have a question. I am prepared to grow 25 plants in a 40” x 40” SOG set-up under a 400 watt bulb. If by chance I am wrong about lighting, all I need to do is add a few cfl’s and maybe rotate the plants. (No one better try to tell me how to do an effective SOG, because I know how).

I am not asking if this is the right set-up- I am sure it is. I have done extensive research and visited many forums to discuss this same set up. It’s a SOG and it makes many budsicles. Everyone knows that! So unless you are prepared to validate me, please do not respond to this post. Regardless of your experience, if you disagree with me I will dismiss your comments as frivolous.

I am also 100% positive that more plants produce more products. It is an undisputable fact. I have tested it with tomatoes and have found that 25 tomato plants in a 40” x 40” area produce more tomatoes than 4 tomato plants in the same area. In fact, once I have made a million dollars growing lbs and lbs of mj every month under my great plan, I am going to end world hunger by teaching the farmers of the world that the thousands of years of crop production and management is wrong and that my way is the right way. But I only have one mj plant that I will get 25 clones from- so that’s why I’m only doing 25. You see I have grown one mj plant, so I am an expert.

So if you disagree with me, I implore you, DO NOT RESPOND, because I will continue to say things like- “I can’t imagine” and “I’m not sure” and “I still can’t imagine” until someone tells me to go ahead with my plan to see if it will work (and I will occassionally use fancy mis-spelled words to prove my superior intellect in my efforts to belittle you and your experience). I haven’t studied plant training or pruning, so any comments regarding these subjects will not be dismissed, as long as you tell me I should go ahead with my plan.

So, thank you in advance for any comments.

BBFan said:
Hello MP Growers. Sorry to butt in on this thread, but I have a question. I am prepared to grow 25 plants in a 40” x 40” SOG set-up under a 400 watt bulb. If by chance I am wrong about lighting, all I need to do is add a few cfl’s and maybe rotate the plants. (No one better try to tell me how to do an effective SOG, because I know how).

I am not asking if this is the right set-up- I am sure it is. I have done extensive research and visited many forums to discuss this same set up. It’s a SOG and it makes many budsicles. Everyone knows that! So unless you are prepared to validate me, please do not respond to this post. Regardless of your experience, if you disagree with me I will dismiss your comments as frivolous.

I am also 100% positive that more plants produce more products. It is an undisputable fact. I have tested it with tomatoes and have found that 25 tomato plants in a 40” x 40” area produce more tomatoes than 4 tomato plants in the same area. In fact, once I have made a million dollars growing lbs and lbs of mj every month under my great plan, I am going to end world hunger by teaching the farmers of the world that the thousands of years of crop production and management is wrong and that my way is the right way. But I only have one mj plant that I will get 25 clones from- so that’s why I’m only doing 25. You see I have grown one mj plant, so I am an expert.

So if you disagree with me, I implore you, DO NOT RESPOND, because I will continue to say things like- “I can’t imagine” and “I’m not sure” and “I still can’t imagine” until someone tells me to go ahead with my plan to see if it will work (and I will occassionally use fancy mis-spelled words to prove my superior intellect in my efforts to belittle you and your experience). I haven’t studied plant training or pruning, so any comments regarding these subjects will not be dismissed, as long as you tell me I should go ahead with my plan.

So, thank you in advance for any comments.

well said.. dink.. lol but serious why post up somehting like that.. go ahead do the sog..
i wouldnt go with the CFL's but thats me ....
LH

This is funny, good reading for a Saturday morning.

you wont make any friends with your condesending attitude.

and from what we have seen from other sites no one here cares
what they think of MP or its members, why not just go with the other sites.

I think you like to argue.

devilfrog said:
01-07-2010, 12:10 AM #1
is this to tight?

We took our first cuttings tonight, they are all 3 to 5 inches tall, and not thick, just the stem and a couple leaves. Once they root, we are going to veg them for 3 weeks and then flower for 9 weeks in 1 gallon grow bags.
Question- When its all said and done, will one plant site per 8inch by 8inch area, be to much? Thanks

devilfrog said:
Yesterday, 08:39 PM #82

thank you for your insight, we will be doing 8" diameter columnar sog grows, from here on out, and we are very very excited, to get cramming!

because.... you can do magic, if your heart desires, you know darn well, how to cast your spell, you can do magic!

yes green mojo for you all as we pull up a chair and stroky stroky

see below for pint sized plants
Attached Thumbnails

I want some of them plants:holysheep: . Fastest budding plants look how fast they have grown in less then 2 days.:eek: :eek:

devilfrog said:
Gee,
Im doing a sog, how can it be less efficient, Ill be turning buds more often with less veg time, I think that equals more efficient. I need more plants, crammed in my weak 400 space, due to the nature of smaller plants. A 400 will work just fine, I dont have 400's as you mentioned, just one. would you prefer I use a 1000 for that space, well I dont want to. You think its weak, I dont, oh well. The plants will get the co2 thats naturally occurring in the air, last time I looked outside, the crammed up bushes around the park didnt have co2 bottles next to them. The water, well, it comes from a RO machine up the street, I put a quarter in the machine, and the water squirts out in to my jug, I take the jug home, and then pour the water on the plants. I never said that I was going to get a pound, please show me where I said that? I dont care of rep either, and dont care if you did leave a nasty gram or whatever it is, but I do appreciate you saying that you didnt. Im glad your not part of a click, Im really proud of you for that, and no, I dont care to ask around if someone I dont even know is part of some cyber thing. Jumping on the internet and spreading false information? Where did that happen? I just asked a question, and then stated what I was doing under the guidance of others input, I guess spreading false information can go on the list now, with boot in the rear, and the others. Why am I wrong? because I want to push the limits on space? Sir, I dont think that makes me wrong at all, but if you think so, oh well, and congradulations, we all have an opinion dont we. Ahhh, I did do my homework, everything has been researched up to this point, or atleast as much as I could find and read. Just waiting for the cuttings to take so that 25 of them can go under a 400w. I do plan on getting some more grows in the future, thanks for the advise! However, I have no plans of coming back and arguing with anyone, I could turn 10 lbs (all thou highly unlikey) and wouldnt care anymore or less if I turned 1/4 lb. My point is that if I do succeed, Im not the type of person to rub it in anyones face, and secondly I dont base my personal value to myself on how much grass I can grow. At the end of the day who cares, right! Your comment of coming back and arguing, has really defined the tone of this whole thread, in my opinion, that its just a pissing match. I dont want to agree with someones opinion, with respect, and it turns into a one sided name calling game. Do you see my point, you think I want to argue, when all I wanted to know was is a 8"x8" area to tight for a sog. The funny thing is, 2 members gave me the direction, I want to take, on the first page of this thread! Everything else there after has pretty much been cannon fodder with the mentality of, how did you say it, come in here and agrue with the.....yup I'll say it....big dog's. That is a really poor statement, and only further validates my point, of get on board with the click or get punished. However if I do as I am told then everything is copeisatic, right? Well not to be rude, but there was a society that functioned under those same principles, it was called the third reich, and it was controlled by a group of people called the nazi's.
Before I go, let me leave you with this, just because you failed, then Im bound too also? That is not at all a logical thought.
take care
God Bless and keep your chin up, it will get better
But if it will make you feel better, as you are clearly aggitated, would you like me to say your right? Will you be at ease then?

MY point is, ad still is correct.

NOW after reading this I feel better knowing you know less than I thought.

Good luck to you buddy...your gonna need it.
If your reding complrehension skills are always this bad, I am wondering how you got this far. If this is what one would consider far.

Your plan WILL fail, meaning you will NOT get MORE.

I can almost guarantee you ger the following issues:

Stretch from lack of co2. (If you lock a few hundred people in a sealed room how long before it gets stuffy?)

Powder Mildew. Promise. Too dense of a canopy is too dense of a canopy.

Bugs. You are never going to be able to spray your nightmare if you get even ONE spider mite.

Foliar issues. How are you going to feed all those plants crammed in a small space. Seems like a lot of work. 'Specially since you have to do it every few days.

Poor light penatration. Yes, there is such thing as too dense. I know, I HAVE GROWN BEFORE.

My advice is no longer free at this point, you need to type more self doubting, misunderstood long winded internet rants for me to give you more nuggets from my head.

Enjoy your overgrown garden, don't say (we) at MP did not warn you.
There is a reason most other sites do not like mp, wanna know what that is?

There is NO room for ** on a site like this. Fact, trusted, trials, and a few hundred years of accumilated growing exp and knowledge.

I myself posess almost a lifetime, handed down, from a family of botanists.
Go ahead, do what you feel like you gotta do.

Eventually I hope you give up. One less grower to compete with when things go legal.

Good day to you sir, have fun trying to get all the dead leaves out of your mess of a grow.
Maybe when you get a few more under your belt you may agree with what other HIGLY EPIERIENCED GROWERS are trying to tell you.

Thinking you can cram 25 tiny plants under your tiny 400 in my mind is a waste of time. Maybe you could start from the beginning again, like growing under an led in your pc case. Seems better suited for someone with your level of EXPERIENCE. Actual grows, start to finish.

You can do all the reading and reserch you like, seems to me that in your mind, things dont fit or you have a notiuon well, then that is the NEW fact and all of us actual growers know nothing.

We get folks like you all the time claiming crazyness...like roots srpouting seeds and whatnot.

Guess what?

They are ALL met with the same attitude: Dont come here making claims, false claims and not be prepared to be disagreed with.

Understand?
Can you see now?
Use your "Imagination" that seems to be failing you. Horribly.

The Effen Gee said:
MY point is, ad still is correct.

NOW after reading this I feel better knowing you know less than I thought.

Good luck to you buddy...your gonna need it.
If your reding complrehension skills are always this bad, I am wondering how you got this far. If this is what one would consider far.

Your plan WILL fail, meaning you will NOT get MORE.

I can almost guarantee you ger the following issues:

Stretch from lack of co2. (If you lock a few hundred people in a sealed room how long before it gets stuffy?)

Powder Mildew. Promise. Too dense of a canopy is too dense of a canopy.

Bugs. You are never going to be able to spray your nightmare if you get even ONE spider mite.

Foliar issues. How are you going to feed all those plants crammed in a small space. Seems like a lot of work. 'Specially since you have to do it every few days.

Poor light penatration. Yes, there is such thing as too dense. I know, I HAVE GROWN BEFORE.

My advice is no longer free at this point, you need to type more self doubting, misunderstood long winded internet rants for me to give you more nuggets from my head.

Enjoy your overgrown garden, don't say (we) at MP did not warn you.
There is a reason most other sites do not like mp, wanna know what that is?

There is NO room for ** on a site like this. Fact, trusted, trials, and a few hundred years of accumilated growing exp and knowledge.

I myself posess almost a lifetime, handed down, from a family of botanists.
Go ahead, do what you feel like you gotta do.

Eventually I hope you give up. One less grower to compete with when things go legal.

Good day to you sir, have fun trying to get all the dead leaves out of your mess of a grow.
Maybe when you get a few more under your belt you may agree with what other HIGLY EPIERIENCED GROWERS are trying to tell you.

Thinking you can cram 25 tiny plants under your tiny 400 in my mind is a waste of time. Maybe you could start from the beginning again, like growing under an led in your pc case. Seems better suited for someone with your level of EXPERIENCE. Actual grows, start to finish.

You can do all the reading and reserch you like, seems to me that in your mind, things dont fit or you have a notiuon well, then that is the NEW fact and all of us actual growers know nothing.

We get folks like you all the time claiming crazyness...like roots srpouting seeds and whatnot.

Guess what?

They are ALL met with the same attitude: Dont come here making claims, false claims and not be prepared to be disagreed with.

Understand?
Can you see now?
Use your "Imagination" that seems to be failing you. Horribly.

:yeahthat: ...
LH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back