Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting of a friend to stop by.....I love my friends.
I had a friend once. I turned him into Crime Stoppers, but I split the money with him. Averaged out to 10 bucks a year for him, but I made out fine.

You guys quit pickin' on my little buddy, Roster.

gilligan.jpg

I'm gonna use my playtime constructively. I'm getting drunk. It's beer time.

I'm curious if they actually still sell them, I'd have thought the cable companies would have pitched hissy fits about them...I use mine ever time I turn on the tv...
They do, I went to that site and snagged a 4k version we shall see. about 97 bucks with tax tips and so forth.
The non 4K was quite a bit less.

Bubba

View attachment 303370

Goooode morning fellow travelers! Yet another double gorgeous day here in the land of OR, starting at 62F with 78% RH, 5 mph wind, and predicted to soar to 85F.

Progress on my Medusa project, but a reminder that some processes take extra steps when both of the people who I waited till Monday to contact, were buried and promised to get back to me. Alas to my dismay, in retirement I had forgotten that project management is a lot of hurry up and wait.

I received an invitation to be on an advisory board for a group advocating for elephants in Thailand. The group drums up support funds supporting a preserve, but my function would be to help dream up ways to keep the elephants safely out of farmer's fields and ivory hunter's gunsights. A tempting proposal as I've always admired elephants and am distressed at how fast such an intelligent species is disappearing simply for their ivory.

They have blown my mind with events like when the "Elephant Whisperer" died, and the herds he had been nurturing, showed unannounced from all over the island to hold an "Elephant Wake", circling his house for several days trumpeting, like they do when one of their own dies. Like Dolphins and Whales, Elephants are a high intellect that we are not close to understanding or truly appreciating. What a loss if they are gone before we do.
That's what the lions did for George when he died. (Of Born Free fame.) If you can find it, watch a video called "Christian the lion" such a powerful story. Most everybody has probably seen the scene of those guys being "reintroduced" to their lion. Sort of scary, after all those years, lion took one look and ran, literally ran to the man who raised him, raised up on his hind legs and embraced him!

Bubba

I followed this story for some while, they visited Christian at George's place in Kenya. George was killed by Somali poachers. Driving his truck full speed to crush them, they riddled him with bullets. I've hated somalis ever since.

Finally, he left the area that was the last that was seen of him. George's body was buried near his home, rocks piled on top. All the lions came and laid on his grave. One of George's lions, Boy was at first the greatest danger.
Later, Boy became his closest friend.

Bubba

I followed this story for some while, they visited Christian at George's place in Kenya. George was killed by Somali poachers. Driving his truck full speed to crush them, they riddled him with bullets. I've hated somalis ever since.

Bubba
Stay away from Wisconsin. The place is full of 'em.

Latest posts

Back