Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1660317902412.png

Big why replace all the copper it lasts for many many years
And pex has been known to blow apart sometimes at the sharks.
Plus I bet they plastic leaks into the drinking water.
Good Luck
pex is designed to be non leaching...copper on the other hand corrodes in 20 years if you have alkaline water...look for green on the hose bibs...I used ccpvc when I built my home..

Big why replace all the copper it lasts for many many years
And pex has been known to blow apart sometimes at the sharks.
Plus I bet they plastic leaks into the drinking water.
Good Luck

because the copper is shot , corrosion , fixtures are clogged up with minerals from the bad water , so on and so forth

besides , good or bad , right or wrong , this is what the customer wants

i like working with pex and the general contractor hates any kind of plumbing so he subcontracted the plumbing out to me

we will also install a whole house water filter system and reverse osmosis for the drinking and bathing water

it all adds up to work

but like I said , I enjoy working with pex so if it’s work , I still enjoy it….the money is just extra….🤪😂😁

because the copper is shot , corrosion , fixtures are clogged up with minerals from the bad water , so on and so forth

besides , good or bad , right or wrong , this is what the customer wants

i like working with pex and the general contractor hates any kind of plumbing so he subcontracted the plumbing out to me

we will also install a whole house water filter system and reverse osmosis for the drinking and bathing water

it all adds up to work

but like I said , I enjoy working with pex so if it’s work , I still enjoy it….the money is just extra….🤪😂😁
I remember Oklahoma water that built heavy calcium carbonate layers on the tea pot and piping, possibly because the huge deep aquifer there sits under an ancient seabed.

Where we lived, we had unlimited water for home and irrigation at 187 feet, as did all our neighbors for several miles around. A huge underground lake that never varied, even though the local Washita River a mile away, all but dried up every year.

I replaced all the water piping in our house and both duplexes with copper and did the work myself, so it just cost the materials, but added dielectric couplings to the copper where it attached to the iron piping to stop electrolysis, which will also take out copper piping fast.

Good morning

when new people move into town and sign up for city water the city gives them a paper that basically says Do Not Drink Town Water

yeah , the water here has some nasties in it , I will have to find the paper but I think it is stuff like barium , strontium, and cesium

so yeah , folks around here all have some kind of filtration system or they drink bottled water

we get our drinking water from the local mortician

We do use city water for cooking and such but we have filters on our sink. Our City water is safe but I prefer bottled water for drinking.
We get a letter every year showing the testing that's been done and we have pretty clean water. I mean if you bath or take a shower in it it's getting in your skin and other areas.😁

it does not do any good to drink bottled water if one is showering in non filtered nasty water

the bath water needs to be good too

i like these whole house water filter systems with changeable cartridges

we are installing a closed filter that is replaced once every 6 years

like this one

27521C60-BB4E-43E0-9040-07240D960183.jpeg

9EF6B3AB-49C8-4B49-8C5E-80E4C82158E3.jpeg

Funny talking about filters ,a customer turned friend has a old house with a well and I always commented how delicious their water was .They just got a water system and they had their well watered tested and it showed very high in nitrates. cost him 3k

it does not do any good to drink bottled water if one is showering in non filtered nasty water

the bath water needs to be good too

i like these whole house water filter systems with changeable cartridges

we are installing a closed filter that is replaced once every 6 years

like this one

View attachment 305955

View attachment 305954
I actually have this under my sink. It provides my water for cooking and coffee and is also connected to the line to my fridge which has its own filter too that’s drinking water around here. Our water tastes pretty good and we hate plastic bottles so it works. i haven’t changed the filter in a while. Thanks for reminding me big…😊

Latest posts

Back