Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang this room has been a bit crazy the last few nights I think the September man pills were shipped early. Y’all supposed to wait till the first to take them.😎. I’m dog sitting this dog Toby. He’s been panting now with bad anxiety for two days missing his peeps. They come home Tuesday. I slept in the living room with him last night because he was so loud. I hope we get more sleep tonight
19318CA3-F365-4EB6-84EA-D535F825FCAF.jpeg

bragging or complaining?

they closed the last bar in this town 15 yrs ago and the liquor store closed 4 yrs ago and the grocery store closed 4 months ago

i guess the post office is next
Re you sure we're not Neighbors bigsur, sounds like you're talking about the Town I just moved to. If you look at all the deserted Buildings of closed stores, this was probably a happening place at one time! Now it sucks Shee-at thru cheesecloth. The 1 Grocery Store has such high prices I'll no longer shop there, instead drive 30 miles to Publix, this Town needs an Enema! Cannot find a Doctor with big enough balls to write my Scripts, they all said we're not allowed to. (A Large FBI Office is 50 miles away in Mobile), and have everyone scared Shipless. I'm having issues with remembering everything I've learned, cause I'm Severe ADHD, it's what got me Disability! No one will write my Adderal Script & I can't concentrate, think or remember a damn thing now.

Last edited:
Re you sure we're not Neighbors bigsur, sounds like you're talking about the Town I just moved to. If you look at all the deserted Buildings of closed stores, this was probably a happening place at one time! Now it sucks Shee-at thru cheesecloth. The 1 Grocery Store has such high prices I'll no longer shop there, instead drive 30 miles to Publix, this Town needs an Enema! Cannot find a Doctor with big enough balls to write my Scripts, they all said we're not allowed to. (A Large FBI Office is 50 miles away in Mobile), and have everyone scared Shipless. I'm having issues with remembering everything I've learned, cause I'm Severe ADHD, it's what got me Disability! No one will write my Adderal Script & I can't concentrate, think or remember a damn thing now.

don’t get me wrong Amigo , I ain’t complaining , I like the slow pace of life around here

and I like the quietness..no loud cars wit big bass speakers not a lot of people equals not a lot of noise

we have less that 1 person per sq mile in our county

1750 sq miles and 1710 people

you can almost see our town at the end of the tracks

CA789636-F7B4-4F31-AE86-DE8BDD7A0B4D.jpeg

DC60F95E-75EC-4D0B-A22C-9A4DC617B241.jpeg

don’t get me wrong Amigo , I ain’t complaining , I like the slow pace of life around here

and I like the quietness..no loud cars wit big bass speakers not a lot of people equals not a lot of noise

View attachment 307403

View attachment 307402
I have 1,700 people in the nearest 1/2 sq mile

I've just had 7 Years to enjoy the slow pace in Wilsonville...1 light 3 Stop Stop Signs, 1 Gas Station but was only 20 minutes from anywhere I wanted to go. Spent 7 Years looking after my folks & having my Dad treat me like She-at. Sorry, but I'm depressed as hell, which happens when I'm off my ADHD Meds. My apologies y'all, not usually like this, tired of Doctors, Medication & dealing with the Bureaucrats who control the Doctors.
I have 1,700 people in the nearest 1/2 sq mile
You must live in Texas, New Mexico or Arizona.

View attachment 307403

View attachment 307402
The solitutude would be wonderful, but it looks too damn flat for my tastes and not the sea of trees I'm used to.

Well shipmates, another day gone. I must say it wasn't used to its best end. Hopefully, there's better days coming, but for the last week or so, it seems like there's been a bad moon rising. It's nothing we can't beat. If each one of us puts half as much energy being kind as we do being ornery, things'll turn around. I betcha.

OK, I'm off my pulpit. Good night fellow Islanders.

I thought I was the only one to do stuff like get lost on the way home...it usually clicks if I sit at the intersection long enough...out here we dont see much traffic so doing stoner stuff is pretty easy...gettin old't hellp...
How you doing @boo ???
Who is it but @bigsur51 with the distraction of the beautiful coffee girl Nice 😎

Fking Stoners. 😁
Now,about those 4 way stop signs. They suck. I'd rather have a red light.🤪
Traffic lights CAUSE traffic jams in the dark soul of Yankeeland: Boston.

I have been in Boston (walking!) and observed intersections where the cars all form swastikas centered under the traffic lights.

D'ysee, as the light turns green up a block ahead, cars get to move one car-length. So the car behind the "moving" car moves under the traffic light... and waits for the next signal. Of course, that means the car now looking at a green light cannot move... until the blocking car moves -- then he moves with gusto to a spot under the light facing 90 degrees to the previous owner.

Nobody stays back, because if they did, then the car from the side direction would always move into the hole. Total Yankee.

I thought I was the only one to do stuff like get lost on the way home...it usually clicks if I sit at the intersection long enough...out here we dont see much traffic so doing stoner stuff is pretty easy...gettin old don't help...
It can make a pretty lady adorable, though. Herself was driving home from work, and while thinking of something else (or not thinking), she turned left (south) onto the highway.

When she approached the Keys... YIKES! Yes, the Floriduh Keys, she realized she had driven thirty miles the wrong way on what started as a fifteen miles-to-home destination (north). This was from where she had worked for two years.

And she managed it without weed. Amazing.

Latest posts

Back