Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well shipmates, another day gone. I must say it wasn't used to its best end. Hopefully, there's better days coming, but for the last week or so, it seems like there's been a bad moon rising. It's nothing we can't beat. If each one of us puts half as much energy being kind as we do being ornery, things'll turn around. I betcha.

OK, I'm off my pulpit. Good night fellow Islanders.

FA0B1E5C-F4CC-4C67-B3CF-21C7659E4634.jpeg

Hot watermelon is cheaper.😁
Tighter too!
Jeez... I just did a fargin timeline. The equal span of my life. Here it is in graphic.

1856------------------------------------1940----------------------------------------2022

Holy shit.

FIVE Years Prior To The Start Of The Civil War

I think I'd better get a quick bag of Boo's Finest and play Tripeaks.
Thanks for the perspective brother! Looks like I would have been born the year before the Civil War ended.

chrysler plymouth dodge auto transmission controls.....My dad always bought cars with that old set up. I think it stopped, the '69 300 had it on the column I believe.

Bubba
The 58 Edsel had push buttons in the center of the steering wheel.
I built many 440 chrysler motors, easiest way to get a dependable 11 second car I found. For money (and more speed) I ran my GM. Never taught any lessons by those cars Im afraid. certainly not a van! Only chysler that beat me regularly was a 69 road runner with 426 hemi. It was full race, acid dipped body panels the works, set up for 1/8th mile strip.
the hemis were brutal. The rest, 67 camaro with stroker 331 walked away most nights.
The 440 RB block works so well because of it its extended side rails, which stiffens the block against reverse torque. In my opinion, the best of the best blocks to build on.

I also had good luck with the small block 360, which I put 340 2.02 intake heads on and a Thermotoilet.
The Chevy 350 motor sucks!!! I'll take theat Cleveland 351 Windsor over a 350 all day. Stroke a 350 then a 351 and your figure out who makes the better motor....That 454 was Chevys only win but that's because of the price the 460 is stronger just so much more expensive than the Chevy..... Getting sidetracked... Don't get me started on motors lol
The Cleveland was designed as a competition engine, and they sold enough to allow them to use them in their factory race cars. The Windsor was the fleet work horse, and a 2.02 Cleveland head would fit a Windsor block. I didn't use the Cleveland head on my 5L Windsor to get the bigger valves, because they don't perform as well at low rpm and I was boosting the intake pressure with a turbocharger. The Cleveland exhaust also came out in the wrong spot to fit the headers in the Tiger engine compartment.
Holy moly ! the last one looks like candy......
The prettiest and most succulent of the lot for sure!!!
I thought I was the only one to do stuff like get lost on the way home...it usually clicks if I sit at the intersection long enough...out here we dont see much traffic so doing stoner stuff is pretty easy...gettin old don't help...
I've often suddenly not known where I was or where I was going and had to look for street signs to figure it out.
The solitutude would be wonderful, but it looks too damn flat for my tastes and not the sea of trees I'm used to.

I grew up on the lone prarie and was gob struck by the Pacific NW's mountains, clear water, and greeeeeeeen on the long way home from discharge from San Diego!! Once I saw Paree, it was hard to stay down on the farm................................

Merry Aug 29th brothers and sisters, let the moaning begin!!

Yet another gorgeous day here starting at 62F and 79% RH, with 4 mph breeze and predicted to reach 87F.

Some frolicking in the gardens. I removed one of the original rose bushes present when we bought this place around 35 years ago, when it dawned on me that seldom bloomed and hadn't at all for at least the last couple of years and it is always in the way getting out of the car and plugging it in.

I also took out a couple Beefsteak tomato plants that were overwhelmed by the Morton Hybrid between them, which has crawled out of its cage and taken over the whole 8' raised bed. I've named her Audrey.................

Moving on to the kitchen, I reduced the blackberry juice that I squeezed and added some sugar, to make some tasty syrup for things like vanilla ice cream. I also reduced down a quart of black cherry juice that I picked up at the store, for the same purpose.

Today I'm headed for another attic space, albeit one I can access without crawling, to start wiring in the last motion activated security light. I also need to pick up another auxiliary drive for video storage, instead of using the cloud. My five new outdoor cameras are all up and operating, but not recording.

Last edited:
I've just had 7 Years to enjoy the slow pace in Wilsonville...1 light 3 Stop Stop Signs, 1 Gas Station but was only 20 minutes from anywhere I wanted to go. Spent 7 Years looking after my folks & having my Dad treat me like She-at. Sorry, but I'm depressed as ****, which happens when I'm off my ADHD Meds. My apologies y'all, not usually like this, tired of Doctors, Medication & dealing with the Bureaucrats who control the Doctors.

You must live in Texas, New Mexico or Arizona.
Denver

I thought I was the only one to do stuff like get lost on the way home...it usually clicks if I sit at the intersection long enough...out here we dont see much traffic so doing stoner stuff is pretty easy...gettin old don't help...
I also resemble that remark
usually after hanging with a Brother ,smoking a small field of pot ,overate and its late dont help either

View attachment 307413
I had a 1964 Dodge Dart for a bit with push button transmission. It was a cool car
My room mate had a white 64 Dart 225 Slant Six and it was a good rig. Besides ecconomical, the Slant Six will tolerate a lot of abuse and keep on ticking as well.

I've just had 7 Years to enjoy the slow pace in Wilsonville...1 light 3 Stop Stop Signs, 1 Gas Station but was only 20 minutes from anywhere I wanted to go. Spent 7 Years looking after my folks & having my Dad treat me like She-at. Sorry, but I'm depressed as ****, which happens when I'm off my ADHD Meds. My apologies y'all, not usually like this, tired of Doctors, Medication & dealing with the Bureaucrats who control the Doctors.

You must live in Texas, New Mexico or Arizona.
no worries ,we stand strong ......

don’t get me wrong Amigo , I ain’t complaining , I like the slow pace of life around here

and I like the quietness..no loud cars wit big bass speakers not a lot of people equals not a lot of noise

we have less that 1 person per sq mile in our county

1750 sq miles and 1710 people

you can almost see our town at the end of the tracks

View attachment 307403

View attachment 307402
Its what I picture America to be
Long Island used to be nice in my life time and still beautiful but crowded really best in the dead of winter ,beaches too ( so you dont swim)

Morning. I grew up in small town in Kansas just outside of Wichita. My graduating class had 53 students in it. Nothing like where big is living but still out in the sticks. Nice slow paced life. Today I live in an asphalt jungle. People in traffic everywhere. It has gotten so crowded here you can't even enjoy the mountains.

Nice cool morning. In the high 40s again. Supposed to get up to the lower 80s today. You can feel the beginning of fall here.

yep and it ran with out oil (almost)
Never saw the 64 run without oil, but my girlfriend drove my 74 Slant Six B-100 home with the oil light on, the temperature pegged and the rods clanging from a punctured oil filter, after which it still ran quietly and functioned normally once refilled with oil.

Last edited:
Traffic lights CAUSE traffic jams in the dark soul of Yankeeland: Boston.

I have been in Boston (walking!) and observed intersections where the cars all form swastikas centered under the traffic lights.

D'ysee, as the light turns green up a block ahead, cars get to move one car-length. So the car behind the "moving" car moves under the traffic light... and waits for the next signal. Of course, that means the car now looking at a green light cannot move... until the blocking car moves -- then he moves with gusto to a spot under the light facing 90 degrees to the previous owner.

Nobody stays back, because if they did, then the car from the side direction would always move into the hole. Total Yankee.
I drive like old people fock ,slow and sloppy !

Never saw the 64 run without oil, but my girlfriend drove my 74 Slant Six B-100 home with the oil light on, the temperature pegged and the rods clanging form a punctured oil filter, after which it still ran quietly and functioned normally once refilled with oil.
I am no motor head at all my first car was a high preforming 66 ford falcon 6 cyl 3 on the tree.
that ***** blew away any kid on any hopped up bicycle in town !

Latest posts

Back