Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Bro's we decide it was time to put our dearly love Brownie to sleep, she has been fighting cancer. And now it time for her to be at peace. She will be with us in our dog cemetery with her brothers and sisters. Love is not forgotten.🥰
So sorry Ness. I hate to hear this. My animals are old and I know what is coming. I spent every minute I can giving them love.

All dogs go to heaven.

f4e12cae141c0ef3d9a53975596c0dd8--rainbow-bridge-dog-dog-heaven.jpg

Nope brother,,they don't work for the government. They were on break when I snapped that pic. Those are some hard working mother fkers. Not all those guys were working with the concrete. You only seen a small portion of that project. And I don't have time for one old fart to get a project done. I'm on a schedule and trying to make money.😁

Nope brother,,they don't work for the government. They were on break when I snapped that pic. Those are some hard working mother fkers. Not all those guys were working with the concrete. You only seen a small portion of that project. And I don't have time for one old fart to get a project done. I'm on a schedule and trying to make money.😁

awww I was just razzing ya Bro…….as far as I am concerned anytime concret is being poured there can’t be enough people on the job

i busted my arse for 20+ years to raise 3 kids and keep the wolves off the front porch

the worn out knee pads I have are my white privilege

My Bro's we decide it was time to put our dearly love Brownie to sleep, she has been fighting cancer. And now it time for her to be at peace. She will be with us in our dog cemetery with her brothers and sisters. Love is not forgotten.🥰
I’m so sorry to hear about your Brownie. We lost our Penny to cancer as well several months ago. She was 14. Losing a pet is losing family 🥰

Hey y’all. Hope everyone is in a good mood tonight and some of you are burning one with me. Had an easy day only had to water plants. Went to a hippy head shop bought a new dress and the hubby bought me bling for the tent
453A65D8-8995-458A-A446-81735B0B5E8A.jpeg

then went for shrimp nachos and beer for lunch. Did manage two dog walks and a bike ride tho. Fun day for me.

Boy isn't that the truth. Concrete is some hard work. 3 of those guys were building Retaining walls.
Was that you in those pics?
Need a job?😁
By the way,,notice that picture was taken from my truck.😁

yep , that is me in my 70’s pouring 17 yds with 1 1/2 helpers

week before that I was roofing

then last week it was plumbing

i had to take a break so now I’m painting Swedes place

dam , I need some coffee

DB6D873A-8663-4EF1-977A-97C58EE92C55.jpeg

3CD498ED-06A4-42EB-AD46-C506C02D808A.jpeg

since high school took masonary junior an senior year

yes Sir , good choice

yeah , not many people know what a power screed is

we never had them in the early years , everything was riddled off by hand with a good straight 2x4

and then someone invented an aluminum straight edge

then it was them dam pump trucks

then riding trowel machines

the craftsmanship went all to he-ll after that

They used magnesium screeds and bull floats back when I was in the construction trades. Only concrete I ever did was screeded, bull floated, and broom finished. Screw that hand troweling. Makes my back go into spasms just thinking about it.

On request, I made chicken chunks for the fam. Quick and filling. The bird was fairly good today so her and I polished off a lime popsicle for desert. She's learned to pace herself to avoid brain freeze.

hard work is honest work , no trouble sleeping at night , try running a 90lb jackhammer for a week or two

wake up in the morning and cannot make a fist , hand so swollen

I lost 10 lbs in 24 hours once pouring the floor and sidewalks on a concession stand at a ballpark , men and womens bathroom..yada yada yada

by myself , 8 yds in the morning and another 8 at noon

summer time Tulsa Oklahoma

I was sick for two days

when I die I have left instructions not to embalm me , just spray me with two coats of curing compound

we are having coffee and ice cream and a hooter this evening

big, you're a far better man than I to be able to do concrete as you've done all your life...I poured and finished 10 yards by myself back in the mid 80's...my back still hates me...concrete driver felt so bad for me he cleaned out his truck and lent me a hand...

Latest posts

Back