Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning Islanders. Gotta get my ass up and take a shower. Then it's coffee, breakfast and off too work.
Glad I'm the boss because my old ass has no desire to bust my ass anymore doing hard labor. Done it all my life. Construction is a tough field but I love it and always have. Liked working with my hands and still do just not like I use too. It was always balls to the walls and get shit done. Now it's their balls to the walls and my balls say fk you ,,get your ass in the truck and cool down.😁

I saw this and had to call in my Scottish Witch -- laughed out loud.

1661857205488.png

Happy Tuesday all! Another lovely day starting at 70F and 60% RH, with 2 mph breeze, predicted to reach 94F.

Got all the parts assembled and kitted for installing the last security light. I will do the attic install portion this morning, while it is still cool out.

My appointment for an analysis of the MRI's I took July 22 has finally arrived today after over a month of waiting.

I also have a conference call with a rare earth's supplier for my Medusa project this afternoon.

I study my projects blue prints constantly to keep up with the bastards but they still see shit I didn't think was important.😁 And usually it's not but they still want to let you know about it.🤪

Morning Gang.
Gotta meet with a Fking Engineer this morning. Nothing like dealing with Engineers. Fun fun fun😁🤪

Why do engineers always ask a question I can't answer.......

They have that angle of the dangle thing going on in their heads

I study my projects blue prints constantly to keep up with the bastards but they still see shit I didn't think was important.😁 And usually it's not but they still want to let you know about it.🤪
I am not an idiot, I''m an engineer!! A common misconception really.......................

Good to be retired! As the engineering program manager, I got to work with both the engineers and the contractors, in addition to the customers and their minions.

With the customer the glass is half empty, with the contractor it's half full, and with the engineers, the glass has a 50% safety factor to cover the 100 year extreme.

how about finding the electricians installed their trim out package before the final paint was applied...or mebbe the asssholes that install the vinyl base got in a day early...geez how I don't miss what you do at all but God bless ya for hanging in there...I assume you habla espanol...

Morning Gang.
Gotta meet with a Fking Engineer this morning. Nothing like dealing with Engineers. Fun fun fun😁🤪
Work around the Army Corps of Engineers sometime. You'll kiss the ones you work around and buy 'em lunch, trust me. There's a right way, a wrong way, and the Army way. PITA.
Why do engineers always ask a question I can't answer.......
I've had to teach a few college boy engineers how things work in the real world on several occasions. Elliptical wall layout was one. Poor guy came out with a transit and a helper. Took them two hours. I did mine in a half hour with two concrete nails and a length of thin steel cable. Old school wins.

My room mate had a white 64 Dart 225 Slant Six and it was a good rig. Besides ecconomical, the Slant Six will tolerate a lot of abuse and keep on ticking as well.
That Dodge Slant Six was one of the Best Power Plants to ever Roll the Roads. You couldn't blow them up!

Latest posts

Back