Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There it is. California king-sized bed with the controller jazz.

We even take naps together.

May I pass on some info learned by living longer than most folks?

If you spend 1/3 of your entire life in one very small area (your bed) -- shouldn't that bed be more luxurious than your car or your easy chair? If not, why not?

Now go out and buy a huge, individually set for comfort sided big sleigh bed.
Controller jazz… you got one of them quarter slot vibrating boxes that shake y’all to sleep? 😜

The new Adjustable bed I will soon be sleeping in has all kinds of shit including vibrating message and a night lite under the bed.😁
Cool thing is I won't have to sleep in a recliner anymore. Yehaaaaaaaaaa

Interesting thing about kimche. Everybody jokes about it like they joke about fruitcake.

Thing is, if it is REAL fruitcake, I love it. Same way with kimche.

And just like you do not make a whole dinner out of fruitcake, you only eat a little kimche.

HOWEVER -- I could not get past my cultural bias enough to do more than choke down this one: Unborn chicken in the shell. Feathers, beak, bones... you break open the shell, and there the little dead guy is. Crunch away. Bon Appétit !
I like both kimche and the fruitcake that Mom used to make, which included fresh pecans and a pint of bourbon.
Controller jazz… you got one of them quarter slot vibrating boxes that shake y’all to sleep? 😜
They used to be labeled in the motels as "Magic Fingers" beds.

Gooode morning brothers and sisters!

Another partially cloudy day starting 57F and 97% RH, with 2 mph breeze and predicted to reach 74F.

I put up a gallon of pickled daikon and whomped up a batch of miso soup yesterday and froze three tubs for later. I also worked out at the gym and made progress on a Medusa article I'm putting together for Graywolf's Lair blog site.

Hee, hee, hee, plus picked two more ripe tamaters and had one on a delightful BLT. Looking at making some bruschetta on baguettes for the second one.

An early morning dental appointment to fit my upper plate and then back to my joy and amazement.

5D4A7DE8-4F2F-43DD-8943-0E4A3ECC04CC.jpeg

you gonna get some new sheets for that fancy bed?

Good morning

its bkfst and lunch day at the Senior center , eggs and bacon in the morning and then a full on Mexican dinner which is prepared and cooked by a local Mexican farm hands wife…her enchiladas are killer!

then I am helping an old guy install a sediment filter for his water supply , a small pex job , shouldn’t take a couple hours

and then it’s off to the Salt Mines to continue the harvest which will be ongoing for the next 2-3 weeks

happy Octoberfest!

2738A787-ADAD-4BD8-9B37-89D0E24B10A8.jpeg
EF3A6159-8024-42EB-A503-1E5508715CF8.jpeg
C0C8CF7E-102F-4BAE-AB9D-57C9B0424EE7.jpeg

Good morning

its bkfst and lunch day at the Senior center , eggs and bacon in the morning and then a full on Mexican dinner which is prepared and cooked by a local Mexican farm hands wife…her enchiladas are killer!

then I am helping an old guy install a sediment filter for his water supply , a small pex job , shouldn’t take a couple hours

and then it’s off to the Salt Mines to continue the harvest which will be ongoing for the next 2-3 weeks

happy Octoberfest!

View attachment 310253View attachment 310254View attachment 310255
what kind of rings do you use for pex. I just bought for $53 a ratchet crimper heavy duty. The 3/4 crimps are tough if you dont have a lot of room . Forget 1".I use the stainless steel type

what kind of rings do you use for pex. I just bought for $53 a ratchet crimper heavy duty. The 3/4 crimps are tough if you dont have a lot of room . Forget 1".I use the stainless steel type

exactly!

3/4 rings , we use the shark bites in those hard to get to places , but yeah , sometimes it is a biotch to get leverage in those tight places

I wonder now if walt and hopper get any more action with those fancy beds. I may have to get one of those under the bed night lights. 😊
Nah -- We still use the swing, the fur handcuffs, the watermelons, ice, and the electric toothbrush. <-- On "off" nights, that is... Otherwise, we take turns applying The Secret Of Unendurable Pleasure Indefinitely Prolonged.

We do like the Standing Up In A Hammock method from time to time.

Some day, I will undergo the Journey Of The Reluctant Shrimp. <-- This can only be experienced once, as the recipient always dies.

Strange morning. Mix of fog and sun.....must be close to Halloween. I need to walk but it needs to warm up some.

Not much going today.....I hate days like this. I end up spending copious amounts of money on days like this. Only one problem....I don't have any.

Fancy beds and toys....reminds me of a song .....I can't get no satisfaction.....

Latest posts

Back