Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're a funny man,,ya old Misfit. 😁
This is a thread that I started that brought the brothers back together where we could get this Site back from the asshats that were destroying it. This is why this thread is so important to me and to a lot of members on this site. It has a lot of history. Without it most of us wouldn't even be here.
The Old Farts thread was started by Yooper and we are keeping it going to show our love for our dearly departed brother. He was a good man and we can honor him by keeping it alive as well.

This is a thread that I started that brought the brothers back together where we could get this Site back from the asshats that were destroying it. This is why this thread is so important to me and to a lot of members on this site. It has a lot of history. Without it most of us wouldn't even be here.
The Old Farts thread was started by Yooper and we are keeping it going to show our love for our dearly departed brother. He was a good man and we can honor him by keeping it alive as well.

that explains a lot , thanks for the explanation

I had asked a member here about it and they never answered , just told me to double my pleasure , I mean , what kind of answer is that , have twice as much fun?……huh?….was somebody trying to yank my chain or what?

I can’t get no respect I tells ya

I had asked a member here about it and they never answered , just told me to double my pleasure , I mean , what kind of answer is that , have twice as much fun?……huh?….was somebody trying to yank my chain or what?

Your welcome brother. I wanted you and anybody else that reads that to be able to understand the importance of this thread and Yoopers.

1665412535362.png

Back to work.
This vacation was spent working.🤪 Made a little over 800 on the fking garage sale and now both my storage rooms are clean as is my closets,drawers,and cabinets.
Gotta start working on my big pantry and grow room I'm going to build in one of my storage rooms. I have a room on one side of my garage that takes up half of a stall that was a storage room and I will be running air to it from the house. I want a big pantry to stock up on all kinds of foods and stuff. Another words I'm going to buy in bulk. The pantry will be a 6x7 and the grow room a 3x7.
Now it's coffee time. And off to my real job.
Don't forget the basics; 50# of flour, at least 5# of salt and pepper, and several gallon cans of lard. A couple of bottles of iodine pills might come in handy if we keep poking the Bear.
Thanks, Brother. You beat me to it. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about him, and he's still alive in my heart.

I had an old green pack of Lucky's that I found in a remodel of the Owosso high school. I'm thinking the green might have had arsenic in it?
The original meaning was Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco, but the soldiers changed it a bit..... :)
All over the place for LSMFT. I know of none I could put here. One starts: "Ladies Should..." another "Look, Some..." "Listen, Suck..."

But the green dye had become a War List material. Not arsenic atall. The green dyes went into GI uniforms, trucks, toothpaste, brushless shaving cream, eyeball soup, and the like.

Last edited:
For those who really have no life and are at least mildly curious:

Lucky Strikes came in a cardboard-colored pack of four with printing in plain black ink.
HAH! I see that Subbie found an old pack. The coffin nails were white like normal... I guess sitting 60+ years tends to make the ciggy paper a tad aged-lookin' like parchment.

I wish I still had a John Wayne. Handiest thing.

When I was almost nine years old, I went to The Itch (our name for the local cinema) to see "Sands of Iwo Jima"

John Wayne was a walking god to this kid. And when he was taking a smoke break, a dirty, evil-grinning Jap bastage shot him in the back from a sneaky-hole. causing him to squeeze-crush the pack of cigarettes in his hand.

I cried. I couldn't believe Sergeant Stryker was dead!

Last edited:
HAH! I see that Subbie found an old pack. The coffin nails were white like normal... I guess sitting 60+ years tends to make the ciggy paper a tad aged-lookin' like parchment.

I wish I still had a John Wayne. Handiest thing.
Remember when they used to have candy cigarettes. Guess that would not be socially correct now a days. Just like toy soldiers.

I didn't tell you because it is above your pay grade... just because Hopper lowered himself and told you don't get all google eyed over it.

All over the place for LSMFT. I know of none I could put here. One starts: "Ladies Should..." another "Look, Some..." "Listen, Suck..."

But the green dye had become a War List material. Not arsenic atall. The green dyes went into GI uniforms, trucks, toothpaste, brushless shaving cream, eyeball soup, and the like.

our version was Loose Straps Mean Flappy Tits

Latest posts

Back