Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys and gals. Thank you all for the kind words after my last post. For those who don't know; I'm just about at the 20 year mark fighting primary progressive multiple sclerosis. I've been completely confined to a wheelchair and/or my recliner for the last 7-8 years. I'm at the stage now where I'm beginning to lose control of my hands, the left a little more than the right, fine motor skills are really bad and it's constantly blowing my mind how weak I've gotten. Got next to nothing for core strength.
Given the circumstances, it's amazing to me sometimes that I still manage to pull off a grow. I don't keep up with things nearly as well as I should most of the time but, I still enjoy growing even though it can be tough for me. I am seriously considering shutting it down after making one good last run though. We don't go through that much, I can easily jar up enough to last us quite a while. Honestly, it'll likely last longer than me at this rate now. Maybe a lot longer. I've made it very clear for a long time that I won't stick around to be completely helpless, lying in a bed 24/7, having my diapers changed, being fed. No, thank you. I'm just not built for it, it would drive me mad, very quickly. The bad thing is, I constantly get glimpses of it, I'll have a little spell for a couple days or so when it's almost impossible to do anything at all. Just too weak. So, I see it coming. I'm terrified of something happening and taking away my ability to make my own choice too. I want to be here as long as I can, just keep playing it by ear. Anyway, lately, I've started losing interest in doing the forum thing more and more, that's why I'm not around that much. I got a good whining session in anyway... 😁

Sorry to hear that MG. You are a big part of our family and i hope you get to feeling better. I am at a loss for words brother. Just know we are here to listen anytime you need to talk my friend. Your grows are awesome i know that for sure. You make my grows look like crap and im not in a wheelchair.
Much love my friend.

Good morning Islanders on this Monday morn. I see a couple of the old group are still lurking around. Maybe they regret being so wicked, mean and nasty to others. KARMA.
See the source image

Morning. looks like I missed something. I do feel sorry for people that can't move on. There was a place I used to be and am there no more. I don't look back, I don't live my life in the rear view mirror, only look forward to the next day. I will never go back to that dark place in my life and I find I am a better person for walking away and leaving it behind.

@ MG. Sorry brother. Sad to read your post. Many on here are facing the same challenges and ultimately all here will cross that path. Simple fact, when you get older things are taken away from you. Takes me a couple of hours to get this old body moving. Boo, just posted something very similar to yours. It is my hope that you still come here and post as much as you can. In fact, as the winter of my life closes in on me I think places like this will become more important to me. Keep a good attitude and continue to post as much as you can. I enjoy reading your posts.

Ok, time to get busy. Up-potting is waiting for me. Plants are screaming for a bigger home. Gotta go.......

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Back