Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1674589461737.png

Back from a chilly walk.

I tied flies for over 40 years. I still have over 2,000 that I never or don't use. Last year I didn't use a fly rod once. Son In Law is a spin fisherman so I went along. That won't happen this year. I will still use a spinning rod at the local reservoir but It is my boat and we are going to the mountains for trout. The heII with bass and walleye.

This is what I am talking about......caught on an ultra lite fly rod using 3 lb test line. Picture of the fly I caught it on nest to a dime.

20160321_135004-1.jpg

20160322_144415-1.jpg

Back from a chilly walk.

I tied flies for over 40 years. I still have over 2,000 that I never or don't use. Last year I didn't use a fly rod once. Son In Law is a spin fisherman so I went along. That won't happen this year. I will still use a spinning rod at the local reservoir but It is my boat and we are going to the mountains for trout. The heII with bass and walleye.

This is what I am talking about......caught on an ultra lite fly rod using 3 lb test line. Picture of the fly I caught it on nest to a dime.

View attachment 318200

View attachment 318201
Pute look at my flies and tell me what you think. I have never been fly fishing but it does look like a lot of fun and maybe one day I’ll get the chance. I got these from an estate sale just because I thought they were cool. Is there anything special about these? I just thought they were tiny and amazing looking and a very artful thing to make with your hands.
A8904434-D0EB-45C4-971E-ECADB4E73E30.jpeg
04AFC761-947E-4747-9906-346346F531F9.jpeg

Pute look at my flies and tell me what you think. I have never been fly fishing but it does look like a lot of fun and maybe one day I’ll get the chance. I got these from an estate sale just because I thought they were cool. Is there anything special about these? I just thought they were tiny and amazing looking and a very artful thing to make with your hands.
View attachment 318204View attachment 318203
You have 3 dry flies and two nymph's. Can you tell which is which?

If you could use them, I’d love to gift them to you. I will never use them. Today is the first time I’ve even looked at them in a couple years…
Thank you but no. Just like marijuana I only smoke my own and I only use flies that I have tied. You never know you might want to try them on pan fish where you live. Bluegill would go after them.

@joe, Colorado is to far from the ocean to salt water fish.

Thank you but no. Just like marijuana I only smoke my own and I only use flies that I have tied. You never know you might want to try them on pan fish where you live. Bluegill would go after them.

@joe, Colorado is to far from the ocean to salt water fish.
Salt water? I thought fly fishing was a fresh water thing. Are trout salt water?
edit ok duh I just saw that answer was for Joe

Latest posts

Back