Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The most common causes of a Check Emission System message are a faulty oxygen sensor, loose gas cap, dirty air filter, worn catalytic converter, or an exhaust or intake leak. However, it could be caused by almost any faulty engine sensor, so it’s important to read the trouble codes.

By the way. When you cranked it up was it louder? If so someone could have stolen your Converters.

The most common causes of a Check Emission System message are a faulty oxygen sensor, loose gas cap, dirty air filter, worn catalytic converter, or an exhaust or intake leak. However, it could be caused by almost any faulty engine sensor, so it’s important to read the trouble codes.

By the way. When you cranked it up was it louder? If so someone could have stolen your Converters.
Come on you pulled that right off an internet page LOL
You forget the purge valve, and EGR center too

It cranks, but I am overdue for an oil change and air filter change. Will have to get that done. I have clearly been slacking!

It cranks, but I am overdue for an oil change and air filter change. Will have to get that done. I have clearly been slacking!
A dirty air filter can definitely cause it. It blocks the flow of air to the throttle body and the ECM (onboard computer ) reads it as a RICH mixture of gas and sets off the code

1675267988981.png

DA NANG, Vietnam — A Marine with a full bandoleer of ammunition might think he wouldn't miss one lost round — but there's a school here that shows him how it could cost him his life.

The 3d Engineer Bn.'s Demolitions and Mine Warfare School has crude, bamboo-type bullet mines captured from the Viet Cong. It uses these and other types of mines and booby traps as training aids.

The cartridge trap shows at a glance how one bullet can be deadly when the Viet Cong use their ingenuity and crude materials to kill American servicemen.

Some 2,500 Marines have been through the school, which has four different training courses. There's an elaborate 3-day course for engineers, standard and special courses for infantrymen and an accelerated 1-day course for support units like drivers, cooks, bakers and mail clerks.

The school, also known to Da Nang Marines as the "punji palace," has a mock-up Vietnamese Village, built mostly by Vietnamese laborers, for added realism. The village is complete with thatched huts, animal stalls, hay stack, fences and gates. All are mined or booby-trapped with explosive charges, grenades and various punji stick traps.

Students quickly spot a grenade rigged on a fence gate when they approach the school's training area.

But Sgt. Henry D. Halloway, of Ypsilanti, Mich., explains that they have been victimized by the VC "double-bluff" as he points out a second trap that could have killed them. Some gates, said Halloway, have as many as four different traps.

The school emphasizes that the best defense from guerrilla traps is to outwit them. The Viet Cong set up only so many traps and he plants them where he thinks his enemy is most likely to go.

Punji spikes are whittled from bamboo, tempered like steel over fire, dipped in human or water buffalo excrement and planted to impale and infect its victims.
1675267988981.png

Shiloh does it sound like this when you start it , maybe someone did steal em.

It means your computer has picked up a code that needs to be read from a scan tool connected under dash in the port there
Some auto parts stores will scan it fro free, But the codes it reads does not always pinpoint the parts that went bad.
Thats why the mechanics make the Big bucks now a days.
Most times it is something simple and cheap to fix,
AutoZone guys will check it for you. In Floriduh, anyway.

Dropping pigs with an airgun.

I would love to have someone film me getting an oink with my crossbow. I shot one about 400' from my front door -- my ladyneighbor was scared of the oink tearing up her grass, so I brain-shot him. We ate him. (cleaned & cooked, of course)

I've gotten a dozen or so with a crossbow; and not one that I ever shot at lived. That ain't me, that is the fargin tool. It is amazing.

Latest posts

Back