Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear water running thru the baseboards I hope that’s a good sign…
Please tell these guys if they leave without giving you heat, I will be very pissed and if i got to come down there I will soldier new valves in their asz . And Im not beyond using electricity on them and I am good at it.
Be real mechanics gomer not dairy farmers...

Please tell these guys if they leave without giving you heat, I will be very pissed and if i got to come down there I will soldier new valves in their asz . And Im not beyond using electricity on them and I am good at it.
Be real mechanics gomer not dairy farmers...
The house is 2 degrees warmer and the baseboard is warming up. Still he has to come back Monday to replace the thermostat controller. Directions said not to use a 24 volt. They didn’t send one with the unit.

The house is 2 degrees warmer and the baseboard is warming up. Still he has to come back Monday to replace the thermostat controller. Directions said not to use a 24 volt. They didn’t send one with the unit.
chooches
Yes you can use a low volt thermostat .
you wire that thermostat to control a relay which controls the unit.
A low voltage thermostat typically is more accurate than a line voltage stat
And Ignatz's ! ,boilers never come with thermostats
SO glad its coming on !

1675465564404.png

chooches
Yes you can use a low volt thermostat .
you wire that thermostat to control a relay which controls the unit.
A low voltage thermostat typically is more accurate than a line voltage stat
And Ignatz's ! ,boilers never come with thermostats
SO glad its coming on !
He left us this ghetto temporary thermostat and set it on 70 before he left. The house is warming up.
0ED02C31-CD46-44CD-9158-1BFE52EAFB08.jpeg

I’m not satisfied at all with the piping job. Looks all crooked and unprofessional. I can see why his joints might leak not having a straight connection
C43B23E7-0B62-4B56-B22C-4F4955D2EA4D.jpeg

at least we have heat tonight. Suppose to be in the 20s

He left us this ghetto temporary thermostat and set it on 70 before he left. The house is warming up.
View attachment 319041
I’m not satisfied at all with the piping job. Looks all crooked and unprofessional. I can see why his joints might leak not having a straight connection
View attachment 319042
at least we have heat tonight. Suppose to be in the 20s
Oh Subbie I was wrong ,they were not dairy farmers
They were absolute BUTCHERS DO NOT PAY THESE DOOSH BAGS
WAIT TILL THE BOSS COMES BACK DO NOT PAY THESE EFFIN GUYS
THATS NOT A PROFESSIONAL JOB
THREATEN THEM WITH ANY CONSUMMER AFFAIRS YOU MAY HAVE .
Are they licensed?
I see galvanized couplings which me thinks it should have been brass
They also did not pipe the pressure relief valve down to the floor instead of straight out
I say what I say not to be a big mouth and only looking out for your interest.
I dont see any evidence that you can bleed the system off with a valve to stop flow and a valve to lket air out .
I may be wrong about that .I may not be seeing it and is just going by what my stoned butt sees !

Last edited:
Are they licensed?
They also did not pipe the pressure relief valve down to the floor instead of straight out
I dont see any evidence that you can bleed the system off with a valve to stop flow and a valve to lket air out .
I may be wrong about that .I am just going by what my stoned butt sees !
Looks like he did not even graduate from home Depot plumbing dept.
Like Joe says , Tell them to pound wood until they clean it up .
I would have a home inspector give you a report so you have ammunition for small claims court.
Sorry but that likes really bad. If you are going to act like you know what you are doing at like keep all you work 90Degs and plumb. I agree whats up with Galvanized attached to copper on a Brand new install.

Are they licensed?
I may be wrong about that .I may not be seeing it and is just going by what my stoned butt sees !
Brass to galv or BIP should have a dielectric between them to arrest galvanic corrosion.

I may not be accurate. in this but the me in me says a possible concern with the circulator vibration ,movement of water ,over 150 degree temp ,heat and the difference in metal in sharkbite reliability's may stress out a little after this guy goes out of business.

Are they licensed?
I know they had a means to bleed the system cause they did it while they were here. I do hate the piping job tho. Every pipe is crooked. I mean every one. I will be lucky if the water lines hold they the weekend.
50F4B365-F627-418E-9E22-C93BE7EE2AFF.jpeg

I know they had a means to bleed the system cause they did it while they were here. I do hate the piping job tho. Every pipe is crooked. I mean every one. I will be lucky if the water lines hold they the weekend.
View attachment 319044
That has to be doubly harsh after seeing how submarine plumbing is installed.

Are they licensed?
Joe There is a self bleeder in the left hand side behind the water valve controllers But once again it is so Old I bet it has to be bleed manually

Latest posts

Back