Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait , you and me married
3C9BF135-56B7-4F45-BC4B-90F2031651BA.gif

Thanx big. Just did a you tube on those PEX fittings to understand how they work. Did you use this measuring tool to see how far to push them in at installation? The video said they get tite but you have to push them a bit farther after they tighten up to the marked line in order to get a good seal. I didn’t see this tool in my guys box. Didn’t see any marks on the pipe either. Perhaps he just measured it but maybe didn’t push it in far enough after it got tight. Perhaps he just skipped the whole step. I just can’t believe that 5 fittings would be faulty without taking a look at myself…
View attachment 319001
I know how much he would appreciate a girl coming out and asking him this so I will just let him learn on his own for now…

i have that tool and have used it to check my work

but after doing a hundred or so i got a feel for it and knew they were in

if i was there to inspect those fittings i would be able to find the problem

besides , after the install , temporary or permanent , at the end of the day , i always turn the water on to pressure test everything and check for LEAKS

i have that tool and have used it to check my work

but after doing a hundred or so i got a feel for it and knew they were in

if i was there to inspect those fittings i would be able to find the problem

besides , after the install , temporary or permanent , at the end of the day , i always turn the water on to pressure test everything and check for LEAKS
I didn’t question his “feel for it” as I’m sure he feels the same way. I’m just hoping that he finishes today with nothing leaking. They still have to drill a condensate drain going out to my driveway and put in an electric outlet to plug it in. They finished most of the water piping except my hot water heater back in. The gas lines are not connected yet. Seems to be taking forever now…we have 20s tonight

I didn’t question his “feel for it” as I’m sure he feels the same way. I’m just hoping that he finishes today with nothing leaking. They still have to drill a condensate drain going out to my driveway and put in an electric outlet to plug it in. They finished most of the water piping except my hot water heater back in. The gas lines are not connected yet. Seems to be taking forever now…we have 20s tonight

by feel there is a definite click that one can feel when pushing the shark bite fitting onto the pipe , it is more than instinct

it sounds like PEX is not this worker’s specialty

i know you all will have a guaranty on the parts and labor and they should test everything before they leave…

when they installed Swede’s everything was tested before they left , even the AC

$4300 for some Lennox techs , 2 days work

Subbie so sorry you are going thru this but these guys are not pros
I am a plumbers son and I have put in boilers 4 zones with a indirect in less than 2 days ( by my self with new boiler in basement old one pushed out of the way)
That sweating pipes that's every thing perfect and level joints cleaned .
Sharkbite fittings need to have the pipe going in be sanded with emery to take down edges and aligned right and the right force .
They also should be used only when needed not because you are too lame to soldier.
You dont leave people without heat. I know you got zone valves and such but its not rocket science .
They also need also to put a outlet controlled by a emergency switch ,not just any outlet .
Make sure you check your paperwork on warranty and what scheduled Maintenace should be done .
Only saying this out of concern ,not to hear my self talk 😍

by feel there is a definite click that one can feel when pushing the shark bite fitting onto the pipe , it is more than instinct

it sounds like PEX is not this worker’s specialty

i know you all will have a guaranty on the parts and labor and they should test everything before they leave…

when they installed Swede’s everything was tested before they left , even the AC

$4300 for some Lennox techs , 2 days work
9000 for ours and 4 days so far. Random flunkies each day tagging along helping…

Latest posts

Back