Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gawd shes gorgeous…

who is that?
The Blonde in "The Big Bang Theory"

1675455587754.png
1675455671540.png

Last edited:
Subbie so sorry you are going thru this but these guys are not pros
I am a plumbers son and I have put in boilers 4 zones with a indirect in less than 2 days ( by my self with new boiler in basement old one pushed out of the way)
That sweating pipes that's every thing perfect and level joints cleaned .
Sharkbite fittings need to have the pipe going in be sanded with emery to take down edges and aligned right and the right force .
They also should be used only when needed not because you are too lame to soldier.
You dont leave people without heat. I know you got zone valves and such but its not rocket science .
They also need also to put a outlet controlled by a emergency switch ,not just any outlet .
Make sure you check your paperwork on warranty and what scheduled Maintenace should be done .
Only saying this out of concern ,not to hear my self talk 😍
Thanx Joe… there is an emergency switch in that room. Hopefully that is what they connect to. We plan to get a contract for annual maintenance maybe not with these folks tho. Will shop around… there is a warranty of course.

Thanx Joe… there is an emergency switch in that room. Hopefully that is what they connect to. We plan to get a contract for annual maintenance maybe not with these folks tho. Will shop around… there is a warranty of course.
good ,feel better and have Mr Subbie rub your feet .Its the right thing to do:)

Subbie so sorry you are going thru this but these guys are not pros
I am a plumbers son and I have put in boilers 4 zones with a indirect in less than 2 days ( by my self with new boiler in basement old one pushed out of the way)
That sweating pipes that's every thing perfect and level joints cleaned .
Sharkbite fittings need to have the pipe going in be sanded with emery to take down edges and aligned right and the right force .
They also should be used only when needed not because you are too lame to soldier.
You dont leave people without heat. I know you got zone valves and such but its not rocket science .
They also need also to put a outlet controlled by a emergency switch ,not just any outlet .
Make sure you check your paperwork on warranty and what scheduled Maintenace should be done .
Only saying this out of concern ,not to hear my self talk 😍

good point on that emery cloth and cutting the pipe straight , i learned the hard way

i am really lame when it comes to soldering , but i have soldered copper laying on my back under the floor in a crawl space

but i would still rather work with PEX any day

i will take your word on plumbing concepts anytime cause i bet your pops was an old school plumber who learned the trade from the OG‘s

good point on that emery cloth and cutting the pipe straight , i learned the hard way

i am really lame when it comes to soldering , but i have soldered copper laying on my back under the floor in a crawl space

i will take your word on plumbing concepts anytime cause i bet your pops was an old school plumber who learned the trade from the OG‘s
I wonder what the OGs think of the new fangled PEX fittings. I agree they could make a plumber lazy…

I was brought up that way working with him and and he was a one man shop who did big work for one guy .
from threading 2- and 4-inch pipe.
He did work for the company that supplied all the cement in Stony Brook Univ
Their boiler was 12' x 12' multi fuel boiler for the cement plant.
Growing up our generation was proud for the things that we knew or learned.
Now a days its a badge of courage to be verbal about not knowing anything.
Not my Job ! not my paygrade !
wonder why anyone would pay someone as useless with what's around .
At 42 they brag about not knowing how to read a tape measure like that was an acquired skill....

I wonder what the OGs think of the new fangled PEX fittings. I agree they could make a plumber lazy…
Friends of mine who grew up the same way I did with our fathers being both plumbing ,heating and electric call plumbing a FAG sport .
With pvc and pex and SharkBite ,
they have guns that compress copper fittings that are not pex that just require the gun and the right fittings .
Thats compressing a 3inch pipe as opposed to soldiering that .
Using big nozzle torches or 2 torches just to get temperature

I was brought up that way working with him and and he was a one man shop who did big work for one guy .
from threading 2- and 4-inch pipe.
He did work for the company that supplied all the cement in Stony Brook Univ
Their boiler was 12' x 12' multi fuel boiler for the cement plant.
Growing up our generation was proud for the things that we knew or learned.
Now a days its a badge of courage to be verbal about not knowing anything.
Not my Job ! not my paygrade !
wonder why anyone would pay someone as useless with what's around .
At 42 they brag about not knowing how to read a tape measure like that was an acquired skill....
Same thing in the submarine field. In my day you pulled the prints and figured it out on your own nowadays every step has to be written down including what tools to bring on the job site. Some of the young folks pick up on things but most can only read directions anymore and have no idea how to even read a print

Same thing in the submarine field. In my day you pulled the prints and figured it out on your own nowadays every step has to be written down including what tools to bring on the job site. Some of the young folks pick up on things but most can only read directions anymore and have no idea how to even read a print
Subbie ,I could talk to you for hours about what you did on subs and methods. and ask questions . Easy non stop!

Subbie ,I could talk to you for hours about what you did on subs and methods. and ask questions . Easy non stop!
I worked on subs at the perfect time when the old guys were still around to learn from. It was important to me to learn all I could especially being a woman in the trade, I wanted to be the best and needed for my expertise. By the end of my career I had accomplished just that. It was a very rewarding career and I was very lucky to have landed it.

I worked on subs at the perfect time when the old guys were still around to learn from. It was important to me to learn all I could especially being a woman in the trade, I wanted to be the best and needed for my expertise. By the end of my career I had accomplished just that. It was a very rewarding career and I was very lucky to have landed it.
In little time your eagerness to learn an honorable trade put you heads over the young men still smelling from breast milk.

You're just like (dare I say it?) Roster. You like 'em fluffy. 'Taint nothin' wrong with that fine piece of female flesh. Nice muscle tone, and doesn't look like an East German weight lifter.

Yep, that's what they call 'em. The boys that put my boiler in sweat soldered every joint. No leaks.
Having dated female athletes, I can affirm that muscle tone is a good thing.
the earth is really flat

study this model , there will be a quiz next class

View attachment 319017
flat earth eclipse.png

Latest posts

Back