Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1678155812100.jpg

Big -- I have actually seen paintings of these things. I never got to see an actual one, but they explained the incredible effectiveness of this two-man weapon:

It wasn't just one guy loading and shooting. Nope. It was just like a Ma Deuce: it had a shooter and a loader.

The shooter would send arrow after arrow into the big mob attacking (minimal aiming, if any). The loader would keep the hopper full. When a prescribed number of shots had been fired, they switched jobs.

Two men could put out arrows at the rate of six archers.

Incredibly deadly defensive weapon. Dunno why it was forgotten.

Gooode morning all! More rain here, starting at 36F. Wishing everyone a lovely Tuesday!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
kez_11.gif

I finally got the TV cabinet six days late. Sometimes you just have to provide advice and encouragement to the right person using the right words.

I also got it assembled and the sound system wired, except for the sub-woofer and I need to replace one of the RCA jacks on my Denon receiver before I can hook that back up.

My hearing is less than stellar and Grayfox's is worse, so I'm piping the TV through the five surround speakers. I had it set up that way before, but we stopped using it and I forgot why. Alas, when we are using the surround sound with the TV, the mute button no longer works.

I did figure out a work-around, however. I turn the TV volume to low using the remote and then the Denon volume so low that we can't hear it. It still has enough volume to blast us out of the house if I turn the volume back up using the remote.

I hooked up the VCR but still have to hook up the rest of the electronic gear, most of which is too wide for the side cupboards in the new cabinet, so I'm keeping my old one for those.

It may be a day or so before I finish however, because I somehow pulled something between my shoulder blades that takes me to my knees when I move wrong. I predict I will be spending most of today sitting on my butt with my Kindle and a heating pad on my back.

Gooode morning all! More rain here, starting at 36F. Wishing everyone a lovely Tuesday!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
kez_11.gif

I finally got the TV cabinet six days late. Sometimes you just have to provide advice and encouragement to the right person using the right words.

I also got it assembled and the sound system wired, except for the sub-woofer and I need to replace one of the RCA jacks on my Denon receiver before I can hook that back up.

My hearing is less than stellar and Grayfox's is worse, so I'm piping the TV through the five surround speakers. I had it set up that way before, but we stopped using it and I forgot why. Alas, when we are using the surround sound with the TV, the mute button no longer works.

I did figure out a work-around, however. I turn the TV volume to low using the remote and then the Denon volume so low that we can't hear it. It still has enough volume to blast us out of the house if I turn the volume back up using the remote.

I hooked up the VCR but still have to hook up the rest of the electronic gear, most of which is too wide for the side cupboards in the new cabinet, so I'm keeping my old one for those.

It may be a day or so before I finish however, because I somehow pulled something between my shoulder blades that takes me to my knees when I move wrong. I predict I will be spending most of today sitting on my butt with my Kindle and a heating pad on my back.
Heating pad Brother ! My Honey's back is giving her trouble and a heating pad seems to help

Latest posts

Back