Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gooode morning all! More rain here, starting at 36F. Wishing everyone a lovely Tuesday!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
kez_11.gif

I finally got the TV cabinet six days late. Sometimes you just have to provide advice and encouragement to the right person using the right words.

I also got it assembled and the sound system wired, except for the sub-woofer and I need to replace one of the RCA jacks on my Denon receiver before I can hook that back up.

My hearing is less than stellar and Grayfox's is worse, so I'm piping the TV through the five surround speakers. I had it set up that way before, but we stopped using it and I forgot why. Alas, when we are using the surround sound with the TV, the mute button no longer works.

I did figure out a work-around, however. I turn the TV volume to low using the remote and then the Denon volume so low that we can't hear it. It still has enough volume to blast us out of the house if I turn the volume back up using the remote.

I hooked up the VCR but still have to hook up the rest of the electronic gear, most of which is too wide for the side cupboards in the new cabinet, so I'm keeping my old one for those.

It may be a day or so before I finish however, because I somehow pulled something between my shoulder blades that takes me to my knees when I move wrong. I predict I will be spending most of today sitting on my butt with my Kindle and a heating pad on my back.
Good morning GW. You just overdid it moving all those boxes putting together the stand moving all those electronics. You should know better not to task yourself with so much. I know I do it all the time 😂 hope your back eases up today and you get some good reading done.
we ended up with three remotes instead of the one ”all in one” to deal with the mute issue when that same thing happened to us.
hope your day is good 🥰

Morning OFC. IF big is having weather issues that pretty much means it is crappy here as well.

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM MST
/NOON CST/ TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Freezing drizzle expected. Total ice accumulations up
to one tenth of an inch.

* WHERE...Portions of east central and northeast Colorado,
northwest and west central Kansas and southwest Nebraska.

* WHEN...From 11 PM MST /midnight CST/ this evening to 11 AM MST
/noon CST/ Tuesday.

* IMPACTS...Slick, icy travel conditions are likely. Visibility
reductions down to less than one mile are expected as well. The
hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute.

No,, we Misfits are much younger than the old bastard at the OFC. 😂 😂 😂
Wow I am the third oldest one here....I better get over to the OFC... that's where I thought I was in the first place. See you whipper snappers when you grow up.

You go on over there ya old bastard. This is for us young folks. And if ya believe that i got some land with oil on it i can sell you Colorado. I will need a down payment though. I think its real close to your house. 😁
Will you trade for pot?

Latest posts

Back