Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect with a pot of beans!
Gooode morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
More rain starting at 40F here today.

Grayfox's recovery appears to be going smoothly and today is the last day she will need to wear the electronic leg compression sleeves or use cuff with ice water circulating through it.

I whomped up a four-pound batch of 3 bean, bacon, and ham hock soup yesterday for dinner and froze the balance in tubs for later.

A tub from the 5 lb batch of 3X5 chili that I made Thursday, has had a chance to age in the fridge and what we will be eating tonight. I simmered it for three hours, so the sirloin tips fall apart in your mouth.

I have the components for a batch of Tarragon split pea and ham soup, but am out of tubs and freezer space, so will hold off a bit. We will have more tubs and freezer space once we stop making tubs of ice for Grayfox's ice water cuff.
Morning Graywolf happy to hear Grayfox is doing so well. And you're doing all that yummy cooking. :cool:

Damn GW you are making me hungry. Glad GF is coming along fine.

Today is the day I will switch my efforts outside. Wind will be noticable but not as bad as yesterday. Will cut the grass then do a weed and fertilizer treatment. Oh, gotta find time to start the maters...will be assholes and elbows nall day.
Thank you brother! I made enough to go around if you are in the hood........ I'm glad that she is too!
Morning Graywolf happy to hear Grayfox is doing so well. And you're doing all that yummy cooking. :cool:
Good morning Ness!

Thanks for the good thoughts sister woman. It is harder for me to watch Grayfox suffer through knee replacement than it was to suffer through them myself. Though only 74, she is still by best friend and more fragile than the 36-year-old child bride that I married, so I worry.

I'm happy that she remains in a good mood, maintaining her regiment and exercises without complaint, and being appreciative of my support. Looking forward to having her up and around again!

As far as sharing beds and bedrooms, neither our master bedroom or our guest room have TV's and we both sleep, fart, and sometimes snore in the same king-sized bed. Plenty of room to toss and turn on our sides of the bed, as well as ample room in the middle for snuggling.

We were both born in the mid-west, where if you can't sleep through a thunderstorm, you will be losing a lot of sleep at times, and I had three sisters so I already know girls fart too, even if Mom didn't.

Last edited:
Morning Just going to rearraign my can goods and work in the yard a little. I bet you had a great day yesterday it was so nice of you to volunteer. :)
Yes it was a great experience and fun but I am kinda glad it was yesterday 😂. I plan to plant some of hoppers giant marigold seeds today. Gonna start them inside because I want to watch them pop up and plant them once they are established. Have fun with rearranging your pantry.

Latest posts

Back